Ever been to Soldier Field?

udonkey

What kind of environment is it for fans of the visiting team?

I intend to keep my nose clean, but I've seen plenty of fans get messed with just for wearing the other team's colors (at other stadiums, including the Ralph), so I'm kind of curious as to what to expect.

Absolutely disgraceful is my best desciption. I went about 10 years ago with a bunch of my cop friends from NY to a Jet/Bear night game, and sat in the section with Jet fans/family. Security was nonexistant as we were pelted all game long with debris from the Chicago "unfaithful". The ONLY reason there was no fight is that we were slightly outnumbered (80k to 6 of us). Many in the section left early in what turned out to be a great game (Blair Thomas fumbled at the end of the game to give the Bears the victory). We were drenched in beer by games end.

My best advise........bring a raincoat. Cheers JTM

I lived in Chicago for 10 years before moving back to Buffalo and can honestly say you are going to get the good or the bad depending on where your seats are. As long as you don't act like a jackass you should be fine. I went to a game last season (pre-season Buffalo) and there is not a bad seat in the house. You will not believe how beautiful their jumbotron is!!!!! It is as clear as the TV in your living room (quite the opposite from the Ralph)

Chicago has great people so expect to have a blast. Guarantee you will be out with a few fans for some beers after the game.

I was there this preseason and saw a Bears/Cards game with a bunch of friends on vacation. Most of us wore Bears shirts except for 2 friends who cheered for Arizona. They were never hasseled or had stuff happen to them and I didn't see anything happen to the other cards fans in the crowd. I don't think you should have much of a problem.

The stadium is really nice on the inside. We sat at the top and the view was great. The worst part was parking, if you don't have a pass take the train or bus (I believe one goes right up to the stadium) or else you will be looking a bit of a walk down to the stadium from the closest parking lot (not too far from Navy Pier)

The worst part was parking, if you don't have a pass take the train or bus (I believe one goes right up to the stadium) or else you will be looking a bit of a walk down to the stadium from the closest parking lot (not too far from Navy Pier)

792772[/snapback]

Going to try to scout it out good on Saturday, but we're planning on arriving 7-8am to tailgate as close to the stadium as possible.

Going to try to scout it out good on Saturday, but we're planning on arriving 7-8am to tailgate as close to the stadium as possible.

792777[/snapback]

Thats the problem, very little open lots like Buffalo to tailgate from if you don't have one of the passes. (not sure if you can buy them from the box office or if they are for season ticket holders only)

We parked in the first lot we could find and it was a parking garage about 20-30 minute walk from the stadium.

What kind of environment is it for fans of the visiting team?

I intend to keep my nose clean, but I've seen plenty of fans get messed with just for wearing the other team's colors (at other stadiums, including the Ralph), so I'm kind of curious as to what to expect.

792385[/snapback]

I think aussie is going to this game isn't she? If you hang near her you'll be fine. She on the other hand will be covered in beer. B-)

I think aussie is going to this game isn't she?  If you hang near her you'll be fine.  She on the other hand will be covered in beer. 0:)

792865[/snapback]

Man I hope not because I'll be right next to her...

Unless you think I'm gonna spill something on her

Man I hope not because I'll be right next to her...

Unless you think I'm gonna spill something on her

792919[/snapback]

As you know, Diane can be a bit...ehem...vocal sometimes. I would recommend rainwear regardless of the forecast.

Just kidding of course! I hope you guys enjoy the trip.