Just Got Back From the Game.....

cåblelady

The weather ended up being just about perfect. Got to see Lori, Badolbilz and Glenn. I swear the Bills are going to give me a freaking heart attack. Andre Reed's induction ceremony was pretty cool. I still hate his wife.  :doh:

791996[/snapback]

It really was great weather ... although I got a little sunburnt <_<

Those last 2 minutes were horrible ... absolutely awful.

Andre didnt mention Jim Kelly among the people he wanted to thank ... he mentioned Thurman, and Bruce, and Talley ... etc but not Kelly ... oh well

Andre didnt mention Jim Kelly among the people he wanted to thank ... he mentioned Thurman, and Bruce, and Talley ... etc but not Kelly ... oh well

792000[/snapback]

Actually, the last 3 minutes had me biting my nails.

I noticed that. Loved the crowd chanting "Bruuuuuuuuuuce".

Actually, the last 3 minutes had me biting my nails.

I noticed that. Loved the crowd chanting "Bruuuuuuuuuuce".

792004[/snapback]

Everytime the camera scanned the players and Bruce came up on the jumbotron, the crowd would start their Bruuuuuuce chant ... although before he is inducted I want an apology for leaving us for the Redskins <_<

792000[/snapback]

I hope this was an oversight. Kelly is the guy who is on the other end of almost all his career receptions and he doesn't even mention him. <_<:doh:

I hope this was an oversight.  Kelly is the guy who is on the other end of almost all his career receptions and he doesn't even mention him.  <_<  :doh:

792037[/snapback]

I think it might be just because Kelly is already on the Wall and in the Hall.

Glenn sat with me for most of the game, I got there around 11, but I was with a friend and his 10 year old daughter who saw her 1st NFL game, so I couldn't get to 1:5 because we had lunch at Subway in the Mobil station, they bought some souveniers on Abbott, droped them off in my car & then we went into the stadium. I'm hoping to get there early enough for the Pats game.

792000[/snapback]

Kelly shouldve been of the FIRST people to be mentioned. Where did most of those passes come from Andre? <_<

I'm sure it was an oversight but ended up really funny since Andre was one of the famous BICKERING BILLS. Maybe he still hasn't gotten over the game that Jim threw more passes to Don Beebe than him.

I did get a mini helmet and 8x10 signed for the tailgate next year. It's only about 50 weeks away or less.

It really was great weather ... although I got a little sunburnt  B-)

792000[/snapback]

Yet for some reason thousands of "fans" left the game early. How can you possibly leave a game so close? Why waste your money if your going to leave before the most exciting part? The 2 girls that sit behind me (season ticket holders) tapped me on the shoulder and said goodbye when the vikings got the ball with under 2 minutes and the game on the line! It's one thing to beat traffic if the game is out of hand, but this was a nail biter to the end. at least the true fans left in the stadium made some good noise at the end.

Yet for some reason thousands of "fans" left the game early.  How can you possibly leave a game so close?  Why waste your money if your going to leave before the most exciting part?  The 2 girls that sit behind me (season ticket holders) tapped me on the shoulder and said goodbye when the vikings got the ball with under 2 minutes and the game on the line!  It's one thing to beat traffic if the game is out of hand, but this was a nail biter to the end.  at least the true fans left in the stadium made some good noise at the end.

792519[/snapback]

I left after the game ended and had no traffic until around the Galleria area going east on the Thruway. We raced to the car the second the clock hit 0:00 after I had moved over to where my friend's seats were at the 2 minute warning. Enough people stayed to permit me to leave the stadium lot with ease, no traffic on 219 & none past the 190.

I think the empty seat thing was overated by most, probably fueled by the D&C article. Most games are emptied out a lot sooner than yesterday. Yesterday was the closest thing to full at the end of the game, with the possible exception of overtime games.

Not all people leave the game, just because they leave their assigned seat. I often move to an area closer to an exit where my car is parked if Petrino isn't there. While it might appear to the people next to me that I've left, the truth is I've just moved to another part of the stadium. Security also gives people some slack in the last 2 minutes & people end up standing at the entrances where they can see the game-I noticed a bunch of people standing & watching in the last 2 minutes-they weren't in their seats, but they were still inside & watching the game.

I left after the game ended and had no traffic until around the Galleria area going east on the Thruway.  We raced to the car the second the clock hit 0:00 after I had moved over to where my friend's seats were at the 2 minute warning.  Enough people stayed to permit me to leave the stadium lot with ease, no traffic on 219 & none past the 190.

I think the empty seat thing was overated by most, probably fueled by the D&C article.  Most games are emptied out a lot sooner than yesterday.  Yesterday was the closest thing to full at the end of the game, with the possible exception of overtime games. 

Not all people leave the game, just because they leave their assigned seat.  I often move to an area closer to an exit where my car is parked if Petrino isn't there.  While it might appear to the people next to me that I've left, the truth is I've just moved to another part of the stadium.  Security also gives people some slack in the last 2 minutes & people end up standing at the entrances where they can see the game-I noticed a bunch of people standing & watching in the last 2 minutes-they weren't in their seats, but they were still inside & watching the game.

792545[/snapback]

The reason the traffic was light is because a lot of people left early...

The reason people "upgraded" or move to different seats is because a lot of people left early...

Why are people standing in the entrances and watching the game? Get in your seats and make some noise, come on 12th man....

I left after the game ended and had no traffic until around the Galleria area going east on the Thruway.  We raced to the car the second the clock hit 0:00 after I had moved over to where my friend's seats were at the 2 minute warning.  Enough people stayed to permit me to leave the stadium lot with ease, no traffic on 219 & none past the 190.

I think the empty seat thing was overated by most, probably fueled by the D&C article.  Most games are emptied out a lot sooner than yesterday.  Yesterday was the closest thing to full at the end of the game, with the possible exception of overtime games. 

Not all people leave the game, just because they leave their assigned seat.  I often move to an area closer to an exit where my car is parked if Petrino isn't there.  While it might appear to the people next to me that I've left, the truth is I've just moved to another part of the stadium.  Security also gives people some slack in the last 2 minutes & people end up standing at the entrances where they can see the game-I noticed a bunch of people standing & watching in the last 2 minutes-they weren't in their seats, but they were still inside & watching the game.

792545[/snapback]

Cant really agree with you. I also saw a thousands of people strolling up the aisles and when I looked to the right out past the scoreboard (I sat in the Jim Kelly club) you could see thousands strolling out

I can only judge it by the traffic flow, since I was moving around to get near my friends & couldn't get a good read on the crowd. Usually I do not even attempt to get on the Thruway when I leave the game, due to the huge amount of early leavers at most games who jam up the Thruway before I can get there, and go straight up north on Southwestern to the Thruway in Depew. There was nobody on the road when I left the stadium lot & I usually encounter that only it an overtime game. I park by the exit at drive 5 & nobody was on Southwestern, so I got on 219 to 90. Now, since there was a traffic slowdown around the Galleria, it may be those who left were a good 10 miles or more away from those who stayed, staggering the jams.

I think yesterday was atypical in that thousands more stayed than usual. That may mean many of our fellow fans leave way too early, but most of the time the mass exodus takes place long before the end of the game. Knock the early leavers, but yesterday was an abberation in that most of them actually stayed.