JP Losman

Guess what?

You just did the same exact thing you were accusing me of in your own damn post.  <_< The JP critics ARE BILLS supporters are much as JP supporters are.  Ask Holcomb's Arm if he'd, above all else, want to see the Bills have success, and he'd agree with that statement.

You know the reason why we use those two terms?  Because some people are overly pro-JP, and some people are overly anti-JP.

The only reason why I used it was to say that the JP "supporters" are over-enthusiastic about his early success, and the JP critics are overly negative about this season's games.

A more appropriate term would be JP-enthusiast, but I haven't really seen that term used at all on this board.

791964[/snapback]

I didn't accuse you of anything. The anti-Losman crowd is a select few -- HA/JDG being the most prominent.

And yes, I believe those two in particular would much rather be RIGHT in their assessments of JP being a bust than for the Bills to win with him. Read any of their "objective" posts and you'll see the same thing. There isn't a JP supporter I've seen that would rather see the Bills lose than JP bust. That's a key difference...and again, I am NOT lumping you in with that crowd, so settle down :doh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't accuse you of anything. The anti-Losman crowd is a select few -- HA/JDG being the most prominent.

792108[/snapback]

I read some of the posts JDG made and he didn't sound like a hater. IMO.

Last week he gave an objective view of Losman's game and people jumped on his throat inmediately. Maybe he's skeptical about Losman but definately not a hater.

If JP keeps playing like he did today, he'll be the first to tell you he's improving.

About HA, well, he's a lost cause.

if there is still anyone out there that doubts J.P when he has a good o-line working in front of him is mad!

791752[/snapback]

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. JP has improved and therefore the OLine has as well. Don't get me wrong, I think the addition of Fowler and Reyes, coupled with much better play calling has been pretty important. But solid QB play definitely builds confidence up front and we're far more committed to the run with this staff than we've been in the last half decade.

Speaking of being a enthusiast of a QB,  catch Vince Young today?

Wow.

3 turnovers,  less than 50% of passes completed.

In general,  he looked pretty lost. 

Thank god we didn't draft him,  he looked like a bust out there.  (it's easy to tell,  even after 1 game,  just ask deluca and JDG)

I watched part of the game, and was a bit disappointed but I'm not surprised. How Tennessee is dealing with him absolutely sucks.

I know I've posted it before that he wouldn't be ready to start in the NFL right away, and that it might even jeopardize his career doing so. Its going to take him a couple years to develop into an NFL QB, much the same way its taken JP to show his stuff, but I think its even more exaggerated with Vince.

He was in a 1-read scheme at Texas. His biggest problem in the NFL is going to be reading defenses in a more complex offense, something he didn't have to do at Texas.

Having Vince Young start right now without another answer at QB = really, really bad decision. If they can survive a couple years with this Vince at the helm, or they pull a Buffalo and sign a shittastic QB to split starting time with, I think he'll have a good shot at developing after all.

The Bills are surprising me right now, I thought it'd take them a few years to be able to compete. If I had known that they would be this competitive back during the draft, I wouldn't have wanted them to draft Vince. I figured it'd take a couple more years for them to get back, and probably another year or two with JP at the helm (giving VY time to develop).

Also,  the part of your post I bolded is pretty interesting.

Holcombs Arm might deny it now,  but I'm pretty sure Ramius busted him during the offseason.  The impression given was that HA would rather lose with Losman,  then win with him.

791986[/snapback]

Hmm, I don't recall seeing that. Even still, the intarweb and message boards are funny things, and people can be portrayed in untrue ways (just look at PPP, lol). I really can't imagine HA sitting down in front of his TV today being mad every time JP made a good play.

I watched part of the game, and was a bit disappointed but I'm not surprised.  How Tennessee is dealing with him absolutely sucks.

I know I've posted it before that he wouldn't be ready to start in the NFL right away, and that it might even jeopardize his career doing so.  Its going to take him a couple years to develop into an NFL QB, much the same way its taken JP to show his stuff, but I think its even more exaggerated with Vince.

He was in a 1-read scheme at Texas.  His biggest problem in the NFL is going to be reading defenses in a more complex offense, something he didn't have to do at Texas.

Having Vince Young start right now without another answer at QB = really, really bad decision.  If they can survive a couple years with this Vince at the helm, or they pull a Buffalo and sign a shittastic QB to split starting time with, I think he'll have a good shot at developing after all.

The Bills are surprising me right now, I thought it'd take them a few years to be able to compete.  If I had known that they would be this competitive back during the draft, I wouldn't have wanted them to draft Vince.  I figured it'd take a couple more years for them to get back, and probably another year or two with JP at the helm (giving VY time to develop).

792133[/snapback]

I don't think the decision is being made by the coach - rather by the owner. As I stated before, I don't think he's ever going to be a good QB but the path he's on now all but assures it.

And they were life and death to win it. The J.P. "game management" era is going to wear me out.

They are playing road games at home.

792017[/snapback]

I could give two !@#$s. Yeah I was about to go insane at the game today but ya know what? We freakin won and that's all that matters. Remember the Pats of a couple years ago? They were not the least bit "flashy" but we all know how that turned out...