One ST strategy mistake not mentioned

eSJayDee

In retrospect, we should've had two returners back on punts.

I'm sure the wind made it VERY tricky to field the ball, but that problem was compounded cuz it appeared that Parrish was the only one back there & Graham was kicking away from him.

When you've gotta run 20 or so yards b4 being 'near' where it's gonna come down, it makes fielding punts that much more difficult.

I'll give credit to the Jets' punter, but I think our inability to field those punts cost us perhaps an avg of 10 yds /punt.

It might not have made much of a difference, but I just wanted to point it out.

I was at the game, watching from the endzone so I had a pretty good perspective. The Jets punter was just dog-a$$ lucky. Many were bad kicks that got blown around in the wind. The ball would head straight at Roscoe then veer off when a wind gust hit it. After 2-3 of that kind of crap, the Bills put Clements back with Parrish.

It wasn't a mistake. It was bad wind and bad luck.

PTR

In retrospect, we should've had two returners back on punts.

I'm sure the wind made it VERY tricky to field the ball, but that problem was compounded cuz it appeared that Parrish was the only one back there & Graham was kicking away from him.

When you've gotta run 20 or so yards b4 being 'near' where it's gonna come down, it makes fielding punts that much more difficult.

I'll give credit to the Jets' punter, but I think our inability to field those punts cost us perhaps an avg of 10 yds /punt.

It might not have made much of a difference, but I just wanted to point it out.

786227[/snapback]

See the fourth post down. A very astute fan said virtually the same thing, but not as eloquently as yourself! :D

linky