Why stats are for losers

buckeyebrian

The offense didn't score when it needed to I mean the first 3 times in the red zone they came away with only 2 field goals.

The defense however was bad as well, it didn't get the job done. Didn't force any turnovers at all, let the Jets drive down the field when the Bills needed the 3 and out the most.

784915[/snapback]

Driving back to Syracuse after the game I had to listen to a bunch of hoople heads for 3 hours go on about how bad JP is and how he will never amount to anything and blah, blah, blah. So you see, its all JP's fault apparently.

Amen Kelly, Amen.

I think this the best play I have seen from JP since we drafted him.  He was firing rockets on target for most of the day despited the conditions.  That 77 yard drive was great.  Those passes to Willis were tough, there was a DL guy he had to throw over but then he needed the ball to drop and in that wind, he couldn't do it.  It like hitting a sand wedge, you need it up and down in a hurry, verrrrry tough shot.

Get this, people are bitching not because he couldn't lead a two minute TD drive at the end of the game but because he couldn't lead two TD drives in three minutes.  If JP throws the ball that well the rest of the year, we will win a lot of games.

785328[/snapback]

I don't want to discredit this argument since I believe JP showed a lot of improvements today & looks like(fingers crossed) he could develop the consistency needed to be 'very good'.

However, that TD drive realistically was in Junk time. I'm not taking it away from him but I don't feel we can use it as a full indicator of a clutch 77yard TD drive. Just as we ignored Culpeppers late drive last week, we should take JPs with perhaps a bit more realism.

Go JP!!

Go Bills!!

I don't want to discredit this argument since I believe JP showed a lot of improvements today & looks like(fingers crossed) he could develop the consistency needed to be 'very good'.

However, that TD drive realistically was in Junk time.  I'm not taking it away from him but I don't feel we can use it as a full indicator of a clutch 77yard TD drive.  Just as we ignored Culpeppers late drive last week, we should take JPs with perhaps a bit more realism.

Go JP!!

Go Bills!!

785337[/snapback]

Nonsense. The Jets were not in a prevent style defense and letting the Bills have the underneath stuff. They were right on their men, and Losman had to throw strikes to guys that were all well covered. I don't think there was an easy completion in the bunch.

no pressure? 1.5 minutes, not time outs, down by 8, terrible weather, still under 10 pro starts? yeah i guess there was no pressure.... <_<

well--when you throw two  6 yard passes in the flat waaaay high when there is no pressure on you in a crucial drive......you have to wonder.

The yards were misleading. He didnt have any killer instinct that a good QB needs....and he doesnt know how to close out a drive.

Yes--he threw a few beautiful passes...and his arm is plenty strong..but if you switched QBs we win by 17.

784929[/snapback]

Nonsense. The Jets were not in a prevent style defense and letting the Bills have the underneath stuff. They were right on their men, and Losman had to throw strikes to guys that were all well covered. I don't think there was an easy completion in the bunch.

785346[/snapback]

Perhaps I came across too strong....I meant that the Jets D knew that we were in 'miracle' time & JPs drive was not going to be a game winner(a miracle following was the only way we could win).

That's why I said I didn't want to take anything away from JP...it was a top effort...it is just a bit erroneous to claim it as an awesome 'need' drive. The following drive was that.

Perhaps I came across too strong....I meant that the Jets D knew that we were in 'miracle' time & JPs drive was not going to be a game winner(a miracle following was the only way we could win). 

That's why I said I didn't want to take anything away from JP...it was a top effort...it is just a bit erroneous to claim it as an awesome 'need' drive.  The following drive was that.

785357[/snapback]

They were both need drives. In fact, I was surprised that the Jets weren't in more of a prevent defense. JP made four completions on that drive and all four were into tight coverage. It was a high pressure drive.

They were both need drives. In fact, I was surprised that the Jets weren't in more of a prevent defense. JP made four completions on that drive and all four were into tight coverage. It was a high pressure drive.

785362[/snapback]

Not to mention it was 4th and 6 from the 12 when he scored. The entire game was on the line on that play and that run of his showed me all I need to know about his determination. He needs plenty of work and experience but he has the tools. The whole team is still closer to a 5-11 squad than an 11-5 squad so we are in for a ride this year. It is starting to look like we finally have the tools though.

In all the breast beating, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, Roscoe's bust out game seems to have been lost among the caterwauling. Reed also did some nice work. I'd like to see the tight ends more involved but other than that, I think the WR corps is looking better than it has in years.

Not to mention it was 4th and 6 from the 12 when he scored.  The entire game was on the line on that play and that run of his showed me all I need to know about his determination. 

785368[/snapback]

Exactly. Last year a different QB throws a pass short of the first time. This year, JP makes the score happen. They really don't show the receivers working down field on TV, but my guess is they were doing sh--. Because on quite a few drop backs JP actually had time and scrambled around only to find nothing. Absolutely nothing. On that play, JP look determined to get the score and the spike and walk off the field looked like a guy frustrated that no one could get open, yet determined to get a score.

Excellent play. And again, more progress for our young team and QB.