Pete on Peters

Kelly the Dog

Willis is crazed, in my opinion. If he plays well this season, he has said that he's going to hold out for a better contract. (He said the same thing last season.) With a year left after 2006, I say trade him for a second rounder because Willis is gone almost no matter what.......

783785[/snapback]

Where did you here this? I've seen a few on this board alude to the thought that he might do this but yours is the first to claim that he has said this himself to the media.

Can anyone else back this claim? It does not sound correct.

Also, if we were to trade him(not likely IMO), there is no way we don't get a 1st rounder for him.

YEAH JP! Jason Peters is a phenomenal athelete.  Putting him next to a semi-veteran in Tutan is a great move.

783794[/snapback]

except he plays next to villarrial. reyes is lined up next to gandy, but yes jason peters is a great athlete and has been a pleasant suprise. Hopefully he continues to get better 0:)

But bottom line is that if ANYTHING, the Bills should concentrate fully on upgrading the O-line in FA next year.

783792[/snapback]

Sorry, but this is utter, literal nonsense.

For the last decade or more, the Bills have manned their OL by picking the scrap heaps of other teams, and with late round draft choices. Check it out..... our record reflects this.

Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, and McKinnie were extended by their current teams. Do you think that RW will toss 50 million dollars or so at Steinbach? He might.

No, I am lying.....there is no friggin way. Hutch is probably the best OG in football, and I heard of zero interest from the Bills. Did you notice any?

Who do you think we CAN sign?

Max Starks will be a RFA in 07. Do you think that we can pry him away from the steelers?

The way to get good blockers is to draft them early and sign them long term.

This is also how teams win superbowls. Or, we can continue to draft little people early and keep on losing.

The choice is clear.

For the last decade or more, the Bills have manned their OL by picking the scrap heaps of other teams, and with late round draft choices. Check it out..... our record reflects this.

Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, and McKinnie were extended by their current teams. Do you think that RW will toss 50 million dollars or so at Steinbach? He might.

No, I am lying.....there is no friggin way. Hutch is probably the best OG in football, and I heard of zero interest from the Bills. Did you notice any?

Max Starks will be a RFA in 07. Do you think that we can pry him away from the steelers?

This is also how teams win superbowls. Or, we can continue to draft little people early and keep on losing.

The choice is clear.

783821[/snapback]

Steinbach wont even sniff 50 million. Hutch is one of the consensus best OLmen in the game, along with walter jones and the like. Steinbach is a good guard, but not tops in the league. I wouldnt be surprised to see him snag 30 mil, but no where near 50 mil.

Also, theres no reaosn to rant and "worry" about drafting 8 DB's on day 1 like you cry about. If clements re-signs here, i doubt we'll see one early. If clements walks, we'll probabyl see another Day 1 CB, but not round 1. As of now, i'd put my money on LB in round 1 next year.

Where did you here this?  I've seen a few on this board alude to the thought that he might do this but yours is the first to claim that he has said this himself to the media.

Can anyone else back this claim?  It does not sound correct.

Also, if we were to trade him(not likely IMO), there is no way we don't get a 1st rounder for him.

783796[/snapback]

I wish I could point to an article, but I can't. It surfaced either on ESPN or The News prior to 2005. It came up again (I believe on ESPN) ever-so-briefly in early 2006. My recollection is that it was Rosenhaus commenting that his client deserves to get paid as a top running back and that should he have a season that established him as such that discussions with Bills top brass would take place. But, yes, some of it is conjecture. I look at players like Spikes, Schobel, Fletcher, Reed, McGee, and Peters and see guys who are interested in staying with a team, building alongside an organization, and maximizing their potential through consistency. I just don't see that with McGahee.

Henry, coming off a Pro Bowl year, only got us a 3rd rounder. Even with a 1400-1500 yard season, I'm not sure McGahee is worth more than a 3rd...2nd at most. Depends on the draft and who the other free agents are.

Steinbach wont even sniff 50 million. Hutch is one of the consensus best OLmen in the game, along with walter jones and the like. Steinbach is a good guard, but not tops in the league. I wouldnt be surprised to see him snag 30 mil, but no where near 50 mil.

783826[/snapback]

Yeah well, before the new NFLPA Agreement, Hutch (as good as he is) was not going to come close to 50 million. In 07, the cap will rise again.

30 million? I am thinking that each and every NFL team would be willing to give a healthy Steinbach 30 million next year for 5 years. Others will up the ante BIG time.

Wait and see. 0:)

I wish I could point to an article, but I can't. It surfaced either on ESPN or The News prior to 2005. It came up again (I believe on ESPN) ever-so-briefly in early 2006. My recollection is that it was Rosenhaus commenting that his client deserves to get paid as a top running back and that should he have a season that established him as such that discussions with Bills top brass would take place. But, yes, some of it is conjecture. I look at players like Spikes, Schobel, Fletcher, Reed, McGee, and Peters and see guys who are interested in staying with a team, building alongside an organization, and maximizing their potential through consistency. I just don't see that with McGahee.

Henry, coming off a Pro Bowl year, only got us a 3rd rounder. Even with a 1400-1500 yard season, I'm not sure McGahee is worth more than a 3rd...2nd at most. Depends on the draft and who the other free agents are.

783827[/snapback]

So tell me, how does McGee or Fletcher show you they are interested in staying with the team? Obviously any player who is up for their BIG contract will look at other teams if the team they are with will not offer up the money. Has not WM bought a house in the Buffalo area? How many players have done that? Sounds to me like you are making assumptions based on a dislike of the player.

The reason IMO he is worth minimum a 1st rounder is that he constantly performs at a top 15 (or better) level regardless of the OL or help he is getting from the passing game. Since a majority of RBs (70%ish) chosen in the second half of the first round never achieve this level, it is a safe assumption that rather than gamble, a club would give their 1st for him.....plus most analysts still see him with a huge upside.

Using Henry as an example helps show that sometimes the talent assessors of the NFL teams know what they are looking at....i.e. what has he done since leaving?

Also, if you think he can bolt & get a huge contract, you are acknowledging his talent is easily worth a 1st rounder.

It's both utter AND literal nonsense? 0:)

The Bills spent a 1st rounder on OL in 1992, 1995, and 2002. That's 2 picks a decade spent in the 1st round on the O-line. Next year will make it 5 years from when they last took an OL in the 1st. Do the math. If the O-line isn't addressed in FA, I expect the draft to be the next route. However after what happened with Williams, I'd rather go after a proven OL in FA.

Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, and McKinnie were extended by their current teams.

Don't care about them. The Bills will have Peters moving to LT.

Do you think that RW will toss 50 million dollars or so at Steinbach? He might. No, I am lying.....there is no friggin way. Hutch is probably the best OG in football, and I heard of zero interest from the Bills. Did you notice any?

If I had an UFA sheet on OL, I could give you an idea. But I do NOT want to pay an OG $50M. No thanks.

However I DO know that Dan Koppen of the Pats will be an UFA. Might be worth a look, depending on how he does this year.

Doubtful. But that doesn't mean it's not worth trying.

The choice is clear.

As mud. :)

History tells us not to be to sure.

If Clements walks, don't be surprised at a first round corner. If he re-signs, I would still expect at least 1 first day defensive back, perhaps 2.  :doh:

783775[/snapback]

There are three things a man can count on in this world: death, taxes, and Bill in NYC's despair over the drafting of DBs.

:)0:)