How did the notion of JP being a turnover waiting

bluv

What is up with this article and other such notions that JP is a turnover waiting to happen:

About the Bills

His biggest problem last year was not losing games by turning the ball over by throwing picks or fumbling it was that he wasn't accurate enough to win games. Those who say that the Bills are coddling him and not forcing him to win or lose the games and allow the D and running game to win games; wasn't that the plan last year as well? But wait a minute, the D fell way off from number 2 to number 30th and self proclaimed best back in the league fell off as well; especially since he wasn't part of the Murlarkey package. If the rest of the team was solid last year, JP could have put up similar numbers playing safe last year and then by this year he would have been even further ahead. But last year he definitely wasn't ready to win games but the should have been left in anyway to gain experience for the Bills weren't going anywhere. Now while JP has been accused of a lot of things, being turnover prone is not one of them, SO FAR! ANy anybody who suggest so hasn't watched him play and just assumes so based on his win-loss record and fantasy stats!

What is up with this article and other such notions that JP is a turnover waiting to happen:

About the Bills

His biggest problem last year was not losing games by turning the ball over by throwing picks or fumbling it was that he wasn't accurate enough to win games. Those who say that the Bills are coddling him and not forcing him to win or lose the games and allow the D and running game to win games; wasn't that the plan last year as well? But wait a minute, the D fell way off from number 2 to number 30th and self proclaimed best back in the league fell off as well; especially since he wasn't part of the Murlarkey package. If the rest of the team was solid last year, JP could have put up similar numbers playing safe last year and then by this year he would have been even further ahead. But last year he definitely wasn't ready to win games but the should have been left in anyway to gain experience for the Bills weren't going anywhere. Now while JP has been accused of a lot of things, being turnover prone is not one of them, SO FAR! ANy anybody who suggest so hasn't watched him play and just assumes so based on his win-loss record and fantasy stats!

781477[/snapback]

so because it didn't work last year that means it won't work this year? That guy is an idiot....

He's a 'turnover waiting to happen' because he hasn't turned it over yet, and everybody's waiting.

781495[/snapback]

And even if he doesn't throw an INT until week four, five or beyond, as soon as he does people will point to that single pick in two-and-change months of football and say "There! There! You see! We were right, he sucks!!!" They're already dumping on him because "he could have fumbled" and "looked like he was about to make a bad descision there". Fug them. I wear the kid's jersey with pride.

Yeah...and Pennington is a reinjured rotator cuff waiting to happen. I have a feeling that very shortly we are going to see a breakout game from Losman that will shut the critics up. For that matter I'm pulling for Pennington to finish the season healthy and performing well (not well enough to put the Jets ahead of the Bills though.)

so because it didn't work last year that means it won't work this year? That guy is an idiot....

781482[/snapback]

And that is why I said SO FAR! It seems like a lot of people are just expecting he will flop; start throwing picks and fumbling. They are hoping he will and the sad thing is a lot of them are so called Bills fans! Now I'll be the first to admit, I want to see Drew flop in Dallas to be the first to tell my loud mouth Cowboy fan friend who thinks Bledsoe is on ar with the greats to say see I told you he was OVERRATED! But when he was a Bill I at least wanted to see him have success. But even if some had the same attitude with a 10 year vet, how can you have that attitude with a 10 game 3rd year QB? I mean some expect him to be a top fantasy QB and lead us on 99 yard drives and if he has a mishap want to point it out. For you see until you win it all, there will always be a but; no matter how good or consistent your play is...don't believe me ask Peyton Manning or Dan Marino!

I have a feeling that very shortly we are going to see a breakout game from Losman that will shut the critics up. 

781529[/snapback]

The one thing that has concerend with with JP in his 10 game starts is the inability of this team to punch it in. Lots of times drives have resulted in FG while in the redzone starting from his first game against the Texans and up to the Miami game. They really need to get TDs instead of FGs which will show the games more as a blowout than a scampered wins. I don't know if JP gets goosebumps while in the redzone or our line has no push to get the job done in the redzone.

And here is another lame article accusing JP of incapable of leading this offense without providing any substantial information.....

Must be a big buddy of Holcomb and/or Nall

781566[/snapback]

I read that and said WTF!!! That blurb was worse than anything ever posted here by the people that don't like Losman. At least his detractors here support there opinions with facts and such. This guy just said he doesn't look any better than last year. I think we all agree, even the detractors, that there has been obvious improvement over last year.

I read that and said WTF!!!  That blurb was worse than anything ever posted here by the people that don't like Losman.  At least his detractors here support there opinions with facts and such.  This guy just said he doesn't look any better than last year.  I think we all agree, even the detractors, that there has been obvious  improvement over last year.

781579[/snapback]

reporter from the Niagara Gazette, nuff said!!!

There was very heated exchange between Moose Johnson and Jim Mora on NFL Radio on tuesday which is kind of on point. Johnson went on about the hits Michael Vick took when he ran with the ball in the previous game...and Mora jumped all over him saying Vick in fact didn't take ANY hits running but did get hit trying to pass and he criticized Johnson in particular and the media in general for getting an idea in their head (Vick is going to get hurt running) and manipulating (or in this case actually lying) to "prove" their point. Losman may be a victim of this kind of thing. His first interception will PROVE I guess that he is a turnover waiting to happen. The only way to respond to this kind of mularkey (where did I get that word?) is to play through it and prove the media wrong. Hope Losman does it with a vengeance.

I gotta say it does not bother me and I find it amusing.

If you venture around the various opponent boards you hear a lot of things about Losman that you just hope the opponents teams are thinking the same thing?

"Just shut down McGehee...Losman is afraid to throw it"

"Losman doesnt want to throw the ball downfield"

"Losman doesnt have as strong a arm as Pennington"

God I cannot wait until Sunday....please stack everyone on the line to stop the run and watch the bombs fly....JP Losman has one of the nicest deep balls I have seen in a while.

And here is another lame article accusing JP of incapable of leading this offense without providing any substantial information.....

Must be a big buddy of Holcomb and/or Nall

781566[/snapback]

As I said before it is that never ending battle that he will have to one up on every aspect to prove to certain critics. In the beginning just playi ng average and not losing games is fine. But then it is we are winning in spite of you and then you need to put up stats. If you put up stats and don't win it all then that will be pointed out. If you win it all put have poor stats that will be pointed out. Its like being successful in life as someone will alwasy point out what you are lacking in and not notice what you do right but point out what is wrong or what you can do better. If you are single; some will tell you that need a girlfriend. Once you find one and go on two dates, then you should be getting married. Then if you've been married for a year then it's where are the kids? Then after kids you will find that specific type who will point out that you need to stay shape, don't drink, micro manage your kids, further your career and broaden your horizons, drive a fancy car and own a fancy home, be a deacon or more involved in the church, and then walk on water and be able to feed your family for a year on 5 loafs of bread and 2 fish! For those types you never gonna win so why does it matter?

I gotta say it does not bother me and I find it amusing.

If you venture around the various opponent boards you hear a lot of things about Losman that you just hope the opponents teams are thinking the same thing?

"Just shut down McGehee...Losman is afraid to throw it"

"Losman doesnt want to throw the ball downfield"

"Losman doesnt have as strong a arm as Pennington"

God I cannot wait until Sunday....please stack everyone on the line to stop the run and watch the bombs fly....JP Losman has one of the nicest deep balls I have seen in a while.

781917[/snapback]

Absolutely. This stuff leaves me baffled, and I'm finding it easier simply not to rise to the bait. He's obviously living in a wierd parallel universe in which Chad Pennington completed that final pass of the game by throwing it to the back line of the end zone and the receiver caught it by dint of an unhuman leap.......

J.P. is not Peyton Manning, okay? NEWS FLASH....Peyton Manning was not Peyton Manning! J.P.s accuracy isn't what all of us expect (or wish for)...yet, but that kid can WHIP IT!!! Are these the same people who were bitching him out for overthrowing Moulds by 15 yards on a fly last year? Don't worry - the kid can get it down the field. Relax. Try some decaf. This might be the game that he gets enough time (given the watered down pass rush he'll be facing) to let 'er rip.

I'm with you. Bombs away this weekend, and I can't wait to say "I told you so".