Oh brother

eball

You have to give Mangini credit for even knowing about "Talking Proud" and getting a copy of it.

Personally, I would have preferred "Misty Mountain Hop" or the "Immigrant Song."

Actually, I think that the "Immigrant Song" would be a perfect song for the Bills to play at home games to get the crowd and team revved up. The lyrics would seem to apply:

Ah,Ah (x2)

We come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs BLOW

Hammer of the gods

will drive our ships to new land

to fight the horde

and singin' and cryin'

Valhalla I am coming

On we sweep

with, threshing oar

our only goal will be the western shore

AH,AH (x2)

We come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs BLOW

How soft your fields so green

can whisper tales of gore

of how we calmed

the tides of war

we are your overlords

On we sweep

with, threshing oar

our only goal will be the western shore

So now you'd better stop

and rebuild all your ruin

for peace and trust can win the day despite, despite of all your losin ooo oo oo ooo ooo ooo oo oo oo oo oo oo ooo oo oo ooo

You have to give Mangini credit for even knowing about "Talking Proud" and getting a copy of it.

Personally, I would have preferred "Misty Mountain Hop" or the "Immigrant Song."

Actually, I think that the "Immigrant Song" would be a perfect song for the Bills to play at home games to get the crowd and team revved up.  The lyrics would seem to apply:

781932[/snapback]

Anytime you can incorporate Zeppellin anywhere its a good thing.

That would be a great song to represent Buffalo just because of the land of ice and snow (would also work for the bears and Packers, would be the best for the vikings if they were not in a dome)

Actually, I think that the "Immigrant Song" would be a perfect song for the Bills to play at home games to get the crowd and team revved up.  The lyrics would seem to apply:

781932[/snapback]

I recommend "Men of Harlech". 0:)

:doh:  :lol:  :lol:

781451[/snapback]

i read somewhere today that the great mandini has also changed the menu for post-practice meals. they're serving medium-chicken-fingers-with-horseradish-on-weck. i think he needs a better spy in wny.

one thought--i read a few posts back where someone predicted a 34-0 buffalo win. i love the passion, and realize it's just us talking, but i wsa reminded of a drunk pats fan at gillette predicting a 31-0 pats win. play well, buffalo, keep the passion in the game.

781932[/snapback]

Does Mangini have some Buffalo roots or connections? Like yourself, I couldn't believe he even knew about "Talkin' Proud".

Too funny - I think he should be spending more time figuring out who's gonna be running the ball for his team...

He should have mixed in "Rock and Roll Girls"

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo..."

782486[/snapback]

Excellent Fogerty reference.

Let's not forget the Dead either.

"Truckin', up to Buff-a-lo

Been thinkin', you got to mellow slow

Takes time, you pick a place to go

And just keep truckin' o-o-on..."

Does Mangini have some Buffalo roots or connections? Like yourself, I couldn't believe he even knew about "Talkin' Proud".

782519[/snapback]

I hope nobody thinks Mangini went through his CD collection to find these songs!

More likely it was the "quality control" coach who was ordered to "find some Buffalo-related songs." It's not hard to see how "Talkin' Proud" would come up in a Google search.

that sounds like a good playlist for a Backers bar!

but seriously don't coaches usually play death metal and other unnerving "melodies" to simulate the away game psyche shaker??  buffalo soldier??  i mean come on!

782808[/snapback]

Hey, if they can concentrate on the play while fighting the urge to light one up, then they're truly focused!