Not sold on JP until...

tornado681

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, but at some point in time you WILL be interested in those two-minute drives. I love our D and ST, but we're NOT the 2000 Ravens and probably never will be. JP will be expected to do more than Trent Dilfer to win games. Fact is that all teams - even the really good ones - find themselves down by the 4th quarter at times. If you're never a threat to come back from this point deficit, then you won't be considered one of the "good teams" for long. And sometime down the line (2-3 seasons from now), the majority of Bills fans WILL be turning against JP if he's consistently unable to lead the offense in a late-game comeback drive.

I think that was Tornado's point. All he said was that he's not sold on JP yet, which IMO was a pretty tame statement because NONE OF US should be sold on him yet. If you already are, then you are either a relative of JP or a blind homer.

Conversely, anyone who thinks JP is already an NFL bust:

A. Doesn't understand football.

B. Is still a closet Bledsoe slurper.

C. Only looks at nfl.com stat tracker and not the games.

D. Has no patience whatsoever.

781050[/snapback]

One can think that he is going to be a bust--and have that opinion while still being open to being wrong.So far JP hasnt shown INSTINCTS--which are the most important part of football--especially for a QB.--He makes a lot of smalll wrong decisions that add up in the end. Having an opinion like this doesnt mean that it is set in stone. I really hope that I am wrong.

They lost.  Nice try idiot.

784846[/snapback]

So what you're really saying is you won't be sold on Losman until he leads the Bills on not one but TWO touchdown scoring drives with under 3:00 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter in the pouring rain and into 30 mph winds.

You can't disparage his passing attempts on the last drive without also acknowledging that they would not have been in that position had he not done what he did on the previous drive.

What you SHOULD be saying is that the jury is still out. Only an idiot would say otherwise and think they've made their point.

So what you're really saying is you won't be sold on Losman until he leads the Bills on not one but TWO touchdown scoring drives with under 8:00 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter in the pouring rain and into 30 mph winds.

You can't disparage his passing attempts on the last drive without also acknowledging that they would not have been in that position had he not done what he did on the previous drive.

What you SHOULD be saying is that the jury is still out. Only an idiot would say otherwise and think they've made their point.

784919[/snapback]

Dont try and tell me that you thought the Bills had a chance to win the game after we recovered that onside kick. I want to have that feeling that we're never out of a game with the QB we have. Unfortunately, I dont feel that way w/ JP

No way.  You BUY as much of JP as you can get.  He's cheap now, tho not as cheap as 2 weeks ago.  IF you bought 2 weeks ago, you could prob lock in a little profit.

You BUY JP and Alex Smith and you SHORT Daunte.

781098[/snapback]

Waaaaay too late to short Dante. I did it two years ago and have made a killing.

As for JP, I'm putting out an 'Accumulate' rating. But don't 'buy all you can get' just yet -- still way too much risk. If things go further south with this franchaise. you could be looking at a less talented David Carr.

i didn't think we had a chance to win the game but it had more to do with the wind and the rain then it did with JP. throwing a wet ball into the wind is probably one of the hardest things for a quarterback at any level of the game to do. any time you have a wet ball, especially when you are trying to put some zip on the ball, you have a tendancy to press a little and throw it much harder then you normally would. this causes the ball to be thrown a little lower and wet balls thrown hard usually come off at an angle as well. i do not fault JP for that last drive at all. if its a clear, dry day, i think we very well may have been able to go down and score. probably not because of the lack of time, but still there would have been more of a chance. thats my two cents on it atleast........all is not lost, long season ahead boys. GO BILLS!!

Dont try and tell me that you thought the Bills had a chance to win the game after we recovered that onside kick.  I want to have that feeling that we're never out of a game with the QB we have.  Unfortunately, I dont feel that way w/ JP

784926[/snapback]

Don't try and tell you what I thought? Who the hell are you? Ya know what, I didn't think the Bills had a chance to win, I KNEW they were going to win until that downpour.

How are you going to argue against that? You're entire argument is setting ludicrously high standards based on what you "know" in your odd little mind, and then sitting back thinking you've proved your point when when he meets almost everyone one of your standards and falls just shy of the last one.

Fault Losman for some of the fumbles, or for the interception, or whatever, but trying to prove anything off the last drive is idiotic.

Don't try and tell you what I thought? Who the hell are you? Ya know what, I didn't think the Bills had a chance to win, I KNEW they were going to win until that downpour.

How are you going to argue against that? You're entire argument is setting ludicrously high standards based on what you "know" in your odd little mind, and then sitting back thinking you've proved your point when when he meets almost everyone one of your standards and falls just shy of the last one.

Fault Losman for some of the fumbles, or for the interception, or whatever, but trying to prove anything off the last drive is idiotic.

784944[/snapback]

Thank you.

This clown wants us to believe that a guy in his 12th start is an abject failure because he couldn't lead his team to TWO scores in under three minutes in sh------- conditions.

I think I know this guy. His name is John, and he called in to WGR after the game. Said EXACTLY the same thing.

Waaaaay too late to short Dante. I did it two years ago and have made a killing.

As for JP, I'm putting out an 'Accumulate' rating. But don't 'buy all you can get' just yet -- still way too much risk. If things go further south with this franchaise. you could be looking at a less talented David Carr.

Good point with Daunte. He had nowhere to go but down after losing Moss. Still, people were buying him like crazy this offseason, you could have made out pretty big by simply shorting him before the year..

As for JP, yesterday I saw a young John Elway. Yep. I really said that. Bold statement. He has the arm, the legs, buys time in the pocket and a biut of a gunslinger. Just give him a bit of experience and look out. Thats why I say STRONG BUY on JP. Buy all you can. Its only gonna get better as he learns more about the game.

Thank you.

This clown wants us to believe that a guy in his 12th start is an abject failure because he couldn't lead his team to TWO scores in under three minutes in sh------- conditions.

I think I know this guy. His name is John, and he called in to WGR after the game. Said EXACTLY the same thing.

785816[/snapback]

I love how everyone is still giving JP a pass. This is his third year. He played bad enough to LOSE us the game yesterday. NE, lost us the game. MIA he was a non-factor. He cost us the JETS game. Go make yourself feel better by attacking me and finding others on this board that think JP is getting better. Until JP wins us a game, we wont make the playoffs. Go enjoy our 5-11 season.

I love how everyone is still giving JP a pass.  This is his third year.  He played bad enough to LOSE us the game yesterday.  NE, lost us the game.  MIA he was a non-factor.  He cost us the JETS game.  Go make yourself feel better by attacking me and finding others on this board that think JP is getting better.  Until JP wins us a game, we wont make the playoffs.  Go enjoy our 5-11 season.

785875[/snapback]

His third year.

I love this sh--. He sat out his entire FIRST year with an injury (thanks, Troy) then got thrown into Mike Mularkey's flying circus his second. In all, he now has 11 starts. Smart football guys like LEVY can't make a determination on him, but YOU can?

His third year.

I love this sh--. He sat out his entire FIRST year with an injury (thanks, Troy) then got thrown into Mike Mularkey's flying circus his second. In all, he now has 11 starts. Smart football guys like LEVY can't make a determination on him, but YOU can?

785881[/snapback]

Pennington sat for two full years and started a whole season in his third. He threw for 300 yards for the first time in the fifth game and then went 24 games before his next.

His third year.

785881[/snapback]

Im not making a determination on him really. Im not saying yet that he will be a bust. Im saying that he hasn't proved that he can WIN games yet. Manage games, yes. Lose games, yes. Win games, not yet. Pennington has proved he can win games (as well as manage and lose). Until we get that QB, we aren't gonna make the playoffs. Im hoping as much as anyone that JP will turn into a QB that will win us games.

Dont try and tell me that you thought the Bills had a chance to win the game after we recovered that onside kick.  I want to have that feeling that we're never out of a game with the QB we have.  Unfortunately, I dont feel that way w/ JP

784926[/snapback]

Call me silly but I thought we had a chance until that 4th and 3rd was incomplete. It was fun though ! Wasn't it ?