(OT) Visa Check Card

Rico

We use credit but pay it off every month. My wife and I are flying to jamaica in November with all the airline miles we've earned. In addition, when I travel to LA for work, I'm able to upgrade to first class with miles I earn with the card. Totally worth it for long, busy trips and flights.

We put everything on it, then pay it off. Of course, you need self-control and the ability to budget, but most adults should be able to do that. I also get paid for booking my work trips, but get reimbursed. More miles for free!

For us, at least, using credit with benefits is great.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check again. Wal Mart DOES NOT ALLOW the purchase. They have a sign right on the keypad that says they will accept a debit card purchase only with PIN. Plus I knew it was going to happen as I read it in USA today. Most stores you CAN override the PIN request. It does come up to the PIN request automatically. But in a highly publicized move, WAL MART was unable to reach a good deal with the Card companies for Debit card transactions enetered as credits, so they decided to discontinue making them. I imagine some other chains have followed suit. 

I was at wal mart today and did the cancel thing and selected credit. I used my visa check card too.

You go to the grocery store?  How quaint... :)

http://www.simondelivers.com

CW

59736[/snapback]

That's pretty cool!

I don't know if that would work for me though,

cause I'm an impulsive grocery shopper,

A lot of the time I don't really know what I want till I'm in the store...

of course it was much worse back-in-the-day when I was a pothead. :rolleyes:

That's pretty cool!

I don't know if that would work for me though,

cause I'm an impulsive grocery shopper,

A lot of the time I don't really know what I want till I'm in the store...

of course it was much worse back-in-the-day when I was a pothead.  :rolleyes:

59749[/snapback]

That's actually why my wife and I love the service -- we don't buy as much stuff that we don't need (chips, candy, etc) and instead stick with the stuff we really need.

There was a company, WebVan, that offered a similar service back in the .com bubble days. Unfortunately, they were a bit too aggressivei n their growth and went bankrupt :)

CW