Jets game

Time to post it once again...

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/Woof.html

777894[/snapback]

Seems like we go thru this every year.

Legend holds about something called the MUT that was once and many times proven effective in predicting outcomes based on fan obnoxiousness.

Well games definitely are not won on paper.

I will not apologize for posting what i think no matter

how superstitious some board members may be.

And I was really talking about the game from

and x's and o's standpoint. Obviously if the bills

start getting a big head (which i dont think will happen with jauron)

then they certainly leave themselves vulnerable to get beat.

I think a big part of coaching is preparing for a team

you are favored to beat. Jauron has passed all

the coaching tests so far. I don't mean to make this thread to

be an all-out bills lovefest. I'm just very confident heading into this weekend, thats all.

I'm quite worried about this game actually.  Plenty of arm out of Pennington (just kidding) but the recievers are doing a fantastic job.  The run game may be a joke, but T. McGee and the safety rookies will be having their hands full (hopefully of the ball) this week.

777985[/snapback]

We have speedy corners and they can dare Pennington to beat them long with his suspect arm.

Personally, I will be a little surprised if Pennington finishes the game.

His OL is young, and the Bills front 4 has been providing a huge amount of pressure. We are playing at home, and will probably just tee off on him.

If we can run the football, we can destroy the jests.

Jmo.

Sorry to crush the wet dream some of you are having, but the Jets are a dangerous team. 

777997[/snapback]

They are dangerous. The pose a strong threat to get a top 5 pick in 07. 0:)

Seriously, they have huge holes and can be exploited. We are in no position to take any team for granted, but I am not so worried about the jests at home.

PS: My views might be clouded because I simply don't like the jests.

Sorry to crush the wet dream some of you are having, but the Jets are a dangerous team.  Buffalo needs to put them away early to have a shot at winning.  You don't want this team to be around in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

777997[/snapback]

What? We're gonna kill those bums. Kill.

Jets have two rooks starting on the OLine. Two very talented high picks, but rooks nonetheless. I assume, after the win in Miami and it being the home opener, it's going to be VERY LOUD in the Ralph. I'd look for a few false starts and some nervousness out of their OLine, which could result in another long afternoon in OP for Pennington. They played one away game in Tennessee and took the crowd out of the game early. I'm not sure they know what they're walking into this week.

On the flip side, I'm very excited to see how our rooks on defense respond to the home crowd for the first time. They should be gassed up....

By the way, did anyone see Pennington heave the last pass of the game yesterday? He was standing on his own 38 when he threw, and launched what seemed like his full-strength hail mary, to have it fall into the arms of three Patriots on the 20-yd line. I know all about his arm to begin with, and the two shoulder surgeries, but that is not good....

My thoughts on the Bills Jets game this weekend.

1) The jets supposedly have a poor running game which bodes very well for us. Obviously they could not run a ton against NE because they were down so much but regardless I think our small D Line should do OK against their run

2) The Jets passing game does look solid (Coles esp. I have him on my fantasy team) but one game was @ Ten who is ATROCIOUS, and the other was a home game. I think we match up well against a weak armed pennington in potentially windy conditions at home. I'd say the Jets receiving corp may even be weaker than the fins so I think if we can contain Coles we should be alright

3) Jets O-Line has not had great reviews. Our quick pass rush should be effective assuming our secondary can play the way they did against Miami.

4) It appears NE gouged the Jets running defense just like they did ours. I think McGahee should be able to run better on the Jets than he did on Miami.

5) Our passing game should open up now that we're at home. Losman should be a bit more comfortable. The occasional bomb down the field to Evans definitely helps keep defenses honest.

In closing, obviously I'm biased because I'm a bills fan (like most of us here) but our home opener, there's no excuse to lose to the jets. None at all. The jets are better than I expected. But I'd say Ten is real bad and the Pats are weaker than I thought as well. It'd also be nice to have Spikes return. Ellison has played well but Spikes is a playmaker that wreaks havoc in the turnover battle. Either way I will do my best as a 12th man to make sure we beat the jets.

Go bills