I'm beginning to fear

Albany,n.y.

Unlike his predecessor who was declared a future head coach the day Gregg named him DC, this guy could be a hot assistant in no time.  I hope we get a Super Bowl out of him before he leaves.

776495[/snapback]

Easy, now. We're 1-1. Our D got run over in the second half and couldn't hold the lead in our loss. They just beat a team that is clearly without identity (and horribly overrated) on offense.

I think he might turn out to be a great coordinator, but let's hold off on the he's-leaving-to-be-a-head-coach talk for a season or two...

He will be here only a couple of years. The guy can flat out coach, that was a great hire. The Bills defense, when in attack mode, is scary. When the sit in the base defense they look vulerable to teams that line it up and smash them. However, you can only do that for a short stretch otherwise teams figure you out.

Plus, Fewell has the ends playing like demonds. Denney, Schobel and Kelsay are making all sorts of plays and that frees up lanes for blitzes. Anyone notice the ends dropping in pass coverage? Bills running zone bilitzes, something we have seen little of in the past.

I like Fewell as a coordinator, but I'm wondering if we've just set the bar REALLY low here in Buffalo.

I mean, we're amazed when a guy like Fewell does half-time adjustments since we havent seen that very much in the last six years. Could just be a case of a coordinator doing what he's expected to do.

Still though, very happy with what I've seen from Fewell so far.

He will be here only a couple of years.  The guy can flat out coach, that was a great hire.  The Bills defense, when in attack mode, is scary.  When the sit in the base defense they look vulerable to teams that line it up and smash them.  However, you can only do that for a short stretch otherwise teams figure you out.

Plus, Fewell has the ends playing like demonds.  Denney, Schobel and Kelsay are making all sorts of plays and that frees up lanes for blitzes.  Anyone notice the ends dropping in pass coverage?  Bills running zone bilitzes, something we have seen little of in the past.

776509[/snapback]

When he puts together a D that can consistently stop the run, then I'll start talking the unit up as "scary." Until then, we're only halfway there as a defense. Thank god Mularkey still doesn't know what "being physical" and "pounding the ball" means, or this could have been a vastly different game...

earlier this week someone compared fairchild to ted marchibroda before this new staff even got an nfl victory and now perry fewell is already being given a head coaching job after two solid games. at least there is optimism in buffalo again. :unsure:0:):angry:

I like Fewell as a coordinator, but I'm wondering if we've just set the bar REALLY low here in Buffalo.

I mean, we're amazed when a guy like Fewell does half-time adjustments since we havent seen that very much in the last six years.  Could just be a case of a coordinator doing what he's expected to do.

Still though, very happy with what I've seen from Fewell so far.

776512[/snapback]

Very good point. The O seemed to make good adjustments as well today.

Not terribly surprising that Meathead's squad didn't do much after the half.

When he puts together a D that can consistently stop the run, then I'll start talking the unit up as "scary."  Until then, we're only halfway there as a defense.  Thank god Mularkey still doesn't know what "being physical" and "pounding the ball" means, or this could have been a vastly different game...

776523[/snapback]

I agree we need the ability to stop a team that wants to play smash mounth but the Bills get after the ball now. It is not easy to move the ball on the team right now and much of what Miami got was late in the game!