Time Warner Cable is DOWN right now in Buffalo

elcrusho

TW sucks , i have no chance with all the trees in my back yard for the dish .

776462[/snapback]

That's exactly what Nervous Guy kept saying, but I convinced him to have an installer come out, and guess what? He's enjoying DirecTV now.

Chances are you can get it - people get scared off by the tree thing, but the dish usually points up above them -- it doesn't look like it when you see one, but it does. There's several houses in my neighborhood that have the dish pointing right at the side of their house, but it works.

CW

They told me a truck hit a utility pole and took them down.  Sounds like it will be a while before they can work around it...

776510[/snapback]

I love how cable companies say, "You don't want DirecTV, a rain storm can knock you out for a few minutes!" Whereas with cable, a truck can take you out for hours/days. :unsure:

CW

I love how cable companies say, "You don't want DirecTV, a rain storm can knock you out for a few minutes!"  Whereas with cable, a truck can take you out for hours/days. :lol:

CW

776524[/snapback]

Yeah, you're probably right. Although technically a truck could hit a utility pole knocking out power to your TV, but those are just details.

I love how cable companies say, "You don't want DirecTV, a rain storm can knock you out for a few minutes!"  Whereas with cable, a truck can take you out for hours/days. :lol:

CW

776524[/snapback]

I've had DirecTV off and on for 6 years total and I can count on one hand how many times cloud coverage or a strom has prevented me from watching TV.

Yeah, you're probably right. Although technically a truck could hit a utility pole knocking out power to your TV, but those are just details.

776546[/snapback]

Not if you have a generator :lol:

I've had DirecTV off and on for 6 years total and I can count on one hand how many times cloud coverage or a strom has prevented me from watching TV.

Same here. I find those commercials hilarious :)

That's exactly what Nervous Guy kept saying, but I convinced him to have an installer come out, and guess what?  He's enjoying DirecTV now.

Chances are you can get it - people get scared off by the tree thing, but the dish usually points up above them -- it doesn't look like it when you see one, but it does.  There's several houses in my neighborhood that have the dish pointing right at the side of their house, but it works.

CW

776496[/snapback]

My locals dish is pointing right at the next doors neighbors trees, yet my signal strentgh is still about 90% normally.

CW

776524[/snapback]

The only problem I had was the kid they sent out for my install only used 2 bolts to secure my main dish down, and one of them was only in 1/2 way. So the slightest bit of wind would flex the bracket just enough to knock it out of alignment. The tech they sent out put in the other two bolts, tightened everything down, and now I have no problems.