Heh. Let's see...

crazyDingo

Did you see the Oakland/ San Diego game? The Raiders scored 0 points at home and were sacked 9 times.

Docsports.com Power Ranking for Week 2:

"...#30) Oakland (0-1) - Coming off a MNF game, flying across the country, playing against a top defense, with all the lingering bad karma from Porter, Moss and the disaster that is the Oakland organization. They will score this weekend, but they may lose by 50"

AND COMING IN AT #32, THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL:

(Drumroll, as if you needed one)

"...#32) Buffalo (0-1) - Troy Vincent was placed on IR and TKO is going to be slowed - if he plays at all - with a "mild" hamstring pull. That means they may be starting two rookie safeties and their porous run defense would've lost its leader."

Well, I'm speechless. But, maybe you're not:

"Questions or comments for Robert? E-mail him at robert@docsports.com"

Not sure what you're looking for but we weren't good before the injuries and now Spikes' is in question and there's a lockerroom disturbance involving one of the classiest vets in the league and president of the NFLPA.

I'd have to say that until we earn something else besides where we are it's difficult to complain.

Not sure what you're looking for but we weren't good before the injuries and now Spikes' is in question and there's a lockerroom disturbance involving one of the classiest vets in the league and president of the NFLPA. 

I'd have to say that until we earn something else besides where we are it's difficult to complain.

774824[/snapback]

We need to win a few games for some respect I guess. It would be nice to chop the Dolphins head off this week and hand it to the media!

Not sure what you're looking for but we weren't good before the injuries.

We weren't? Funny, I thought we had a lead in the fourth quarter on the road in New England and Tom Brady had one of his worst statistical days ever. Damn, we must be the worst team in football.

and now Spikes' is in question and there's a lockerroom disturbance involving one of the classiest vets in the league and president of the NFLPA. 

That would be the same Spikes and Vincent who played all of 2 series each in the last game? Against the PATRIOTS? And they only beat us by TWO? In THEIR stadium?

774824[/snapback]

We lost. By TWO points. On the road. To the Patriots. We played most of the game with 4 rookies on defense (ie without Spikes and Vincent).

The Raiders lost at home. To the Chargers. Who started a rookie QB who threw a grand total of ELEVEN passes. The Raiders had FORTY TWO yards PASSING in a game they lost by TWENTY SEVEN. AT HOME.

And we wonder why stupid people work in the media.

I don't understand why some of us get offended by ratings & predictions of pea-brained journalists who haven't seen 1% of the Bills games we've seen. I just think that the person writing the article is a moron who doesn't have the professionalism to do his job correctly. If a guy is going to be paid to write about the NFL, unless he's viewing tapes of every game before making his ratings, I believe he is as bad as a theif because his is not properly doing his job, while getting paid for an inferior product. If his employer is OK with that, then the best thing to do is blame the employer because in the end, the employer is responsible for the rubbish. So, the conclusion is don't do anything that would aid Docsports,com financially. If this is the guy's hobby & he just is posting like us, with no compensation, then it really doesn't matter what he thinks. Just another doofus with a computer (like the rest of us)

774831[/snapback]

I'm with you. I"m the first person to say the Bills haven't earned any respect, so really don't deserve any yet. But I've been saying all off-season that anyone who thinks we are worse than Oakland is insane.

We weren't?  Funny, I thought we had a lead in the fourth quarter on the road in New England and Tom Brady had one of his worst statistical days ever.  Damn, we must be the worst team in football.

That would be the same Spikes and Vincent who played all of 2 series each in the last game?  Against the PATRIOTS?  And they only beat us by TWO?  In THEIR stadium?

We lost.  By TWO points. On the road.  To the Patriots.  We played most of the game with 4 rookies on defense (ie without Spikes and Vincent). 

The Raiders lost at home.  To the Chargers.  Who started a rookie QB who threw a grand total of ELEVEN passes.  The Raiders had FORTY TWO yards PASSING in a game they lost by TWENTY SEVEN.  AT HOME.

774831[/snapback]

So then in essence you're defining how good we are based on a single game.

There's not much sense in going any further with this with such shortsightedness.

If we can't beat a Patriots team trying to hand us the game then I'm not sure which teams you expect us to beat. Presumably ones that also fail to show up or suck worse than we do.

Interestingly and conspicuously your shortsighted analysis seems to fail to take into account how a team that couldn't pass seemed to mystically have logged almost 200 yards rushing against us. I suppose you have some way of spinning that to make it sound good too.

Whatever

I'm with you.  I"m the first person to say the Bills haven't earned any respect, so really don't deserve any yet.  But I've been saying all off-season that anyone who thinks we are worse than Oakland is insane.

774839[/snapback]

That's pretty much right. We need to win some games first and the respect will follow. But comparing ourselves to Oakland isn't a way to do that. So what, we're better than Oakland. What does that say? Not much IMO.

So then in essence you're defining how good we are based on a single game. 

So was that poll. Hence...

There's not much sense in going any further with this with such shortsightedness. 

So you actually think we're worse than about 6-7 other teams at this point? No way.

If we can't beat a Patriots team trying to hand us the game then I'm not sure which teams you expect us to beat.  Presumably ones that also fail to show up or suck worse than we do. 

Newsflash: The Patriots have made a living over the last few seasons making one more play than the other team. This week was no different.

Interestingly and conspicuously your shortsighted analysis seems to fail to take into account how a team that couldn't pass seemed to mystically have logged almost 200 yards rushing against us.   I suppose you have some way of spinning that to make it sound good too. 

How many rushing yards did the Raiders give up in the game they lost by 27? Yeah, whatever.

But comparing ourselves to Oakland isn't a way to do that.  So what, we're better than Oakland.  What does that say?  Not much IMO.

774855[/snapback]

Right. Saying we are better than Oakland isn't saying much, but saying we are worse than Oakland is saying a lot.

The point of this isn't that the Bills are a contender. There are people on this board that will argue this with you, but I'm not one of them. My point is that they are not the worste team in the league.

Who was number 31? you mean to tell me after last week that there was another team worse then Oakland and better then Buffalo???????

This isn't like anyone was complaining that Buffalo was 24th but should be higher. This is about a team, playing without 2 vets (who played less then half a quarter combined) and playing 4-5 rookies on defence, could hold a lead into the 4th and almost beat a team that is supposed to be so much better then them and be deemed the worst team in the league. All while a team could get shut out against a team that is good, but starting a rookie QB, and end getting embarrased and basically showing the world they are not working as a team and are the worst team, gets more respect.

For everyone saying Buffalo has to win to get respect, why doesn't Oakland, or Green bay? They both had worse games then buffalo last week and were worse then buffalo last year, hence they got to pick before Buffalo in the draft in April, yet they are getting more respect.

This isn't complaining because Buffalo should have been placed higher then Miami, or Dallas, or another team that is good but also lost last week, Buffalo played a very good game and almost beat a better team, but other teams played worse and they still get more respect.

Who was number 31? you mean to tell me after last week that there was another team worse then Oakland and better then Buffalo???????

This isn't like anyone was complaining that Buffalo was 24th but should be higher. This is about a team, playing without 2 vets (who played less then half a quarter combined) and playing 4-5 rookies on defence, could hold a lead into the 4th and almost beat a team that is supposed to be so much better then them and be deemed the worst team in the league. All while a team could get shut out against a team that is good, but starting a rookie QB, and end getting embarrased and basically showing the world they are not working as a team and are the worst team, gets more respect.

For everyone saying Buffalo has to win to get respect, why doesn't Oakland, or Green bay? They both had worse games then buffalo last week and were worse then buffalo last year, hence they got to pick before Buffalo in the draft in April, yet they are getting more respect.

This isn't complaining because Buffalo should have been placed higher then Miami, or Dallas, or another team that is good but also lost last week, Buffalo played a very good game and almost beat a better team, but other teams played worse and they still get more respect.

775219[/snapback]

http://www.docsports.com/2006/nfl-power-rankings-week-2.html

San Fransisco. :o

His reasoning:

Unlike too many folks in the Bobblehead Media, I refuse to have a knee-jerk reaction to Week One when it comes to my Power Rankings.

He had San Fransisco and Buffalo 31 and 32 to start the season.