I need an attention 'diverter' tonight

Beerball

iced? with like icing or something? explain

774675[/snapback]

Kind of like the icing you find on cinnamon rolls. Not like frosting, which is usually what people at the grocery store think I mean. If you went to cinnabon or some place like that, it's pretty much the same stuff. It takes the oatmeal raisin cookie to a whole new level :pirate:

Lately. 

Wegmans makes a great oatmeal raisin cookie.  From the bakery not the prepacked stuff.

774678[/snapback]

I miss Wegmans so much.... :pirate:

We have a chain in the south called Publix, which is good, but still falls short of Wegmans by a pretty large margin. Hell, it falls short of the Wegmans of fifteen years ago!

Kind of like the icing you find on cinnamon rolls. Not like frosting, which is usually what people at the grocery store think I mean. If you went to cinnabon or some place like that, it's pretty much the same stuff. It takes the oatmeal raisin cookie to a whole new level  :pirate:

774680[/snapback]

ya sounds awesome. ill have to try it some day.

ya sounds awesome. ill have to try it some day.

774685[/snapback]

If you find a chain that actually carries a product like that, please let me know. Seems like I only find it at grocery stores with bored and creative employees. There was this one store near me that would bake cinnamon raisin bread and then put that icing all over the top of it.....hot damn that was good.

My grandmother used to make sugar cookies with this sort of icing, and I remember her saying that the icing was ridiculously easy to make....I just never got around to asking her what to do, but I'm sure I could easily find some recipes online for it. I'm just afraid of what the results would be if left up to me to actually try and make them, lol.

If you find a chain that actually carries a product like that, please let me know. Seems like I only find it at grocery stores with bored and creative employees. There was this one store near me that would bake cinnamon raisin bread and then put that icing all over the top of it.....hot damn that was good.

My grandmother used to make sugar cookies with this sort of icing, and I remember her saying that the icing was ridiculously easy to make....I just never got around to asking her what to do, but I'm sure I could easily find some recipes online for it. I'm just afraid of what the results would be if left up to me to actually try and make them, lol.

774687[/snapback]

will do, but publix is the local grocery down here in FL too. ill keep my eye out though.

Cucidati

It's an Italian cookie with figs. They're like crack at Christmas

774677[/snapback]

That's a good one. Did your family (I'm assuming Italian) make the chocolate cookies as well? They had walnuts & cherries. iced after baking. My Grandmother, aunts & mother used to gather and they made a huge batch every Christmas. yummy

my wife makes the best oatmeal raisin cookies . i could never eat raisins before she started making them .

774691[/snapback]

That makes sense, cause there is like this synergy between the ingredients....I know that sounds stupid ( :pirate: ) but my brother was the same way. He won't touch raisins, but he loves oatmeal raisin cookies.

That's a good one.  Did your family (I'm assuming Italian) make the chocolate cookies as well?  They had walnuts & cherries. iced after baking.  My Grandmother, aunts & mother used to gather and they made a huge batch every Christmas.  yummy

774690[/snapback]

My grandmother makes chocolate cookies (sometimes with walnuts, never with cherries). Yum...

She also makes "bowties" which are basically deep fried cookies with powdered sugar on them. Very fragile, but very good. :pirate:

CW

That's a good one.  Did your family (I'm assuming Italian) make the chocolate cookies as well?  They had walnuts & cherries. iced after baking.  My Grandmother, aunts & mother used to gather and they made a huge batch every Christmas.  yummy

774690[/snapback]

Oooh how I wish I had both right now! We make them with raisins and Walnuts, and I think the kicker is ground cloves or nutmeg. There is also a simple cookie with sesame seeds called Gigaleni? that we make. Those are the big 3.

Another good Italian dessert is Sfinge. It is basically the dough to a creampuff, but is deep fried, then you put powder sugar on it. We make those for St Joseph's day in March. These too are addictive.