You guys are talented...

Dan Gross

Wow, of all the Bills I could imagine showing up on the TSW "tar and feather" list I would have expected Takeo to be among the last. But how fast folks turn.

Don't give him a benefit of a doubt because he happened to be told about TV just before his presser, not getting a chance to let his emotional reaction die down before talking to the press. Don't suggest how the press (let alone you numbskulls) would react to him taking the sage advice of "STFU" and saying "next question" when the press asks his reaction to TV being put on IR. Nope, TKO has instantly turned from emotional leader of the team to locker room cancer, from physical specimen to constantly injured, from team leader to next out the door.

I'd use the word pathetic here, but it simply doesn't seem to be strong enough a word.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, of all the Bills I could imagine showing up on the TSW "tar and feather" list I would have expected Takeo to be among the last.  But how fast folks turn. 

Don't give him a benefit of a doubt because he happened to be told about TV just before his presser, not getting a chance to let his emotional reaction die down before talking to the press.  Don't suggest how the press (let alone you numbskulls) would react to him taking the sage advice of "STFU" and saying "next question" when the press asks his reaction to TV being put on IR.  Nope, TKO has instantly turned from emotional leader of the team to locker room cancer, from physical specimen to constantly injured, from team leader to next out the door.

I'd use the word pathetic here, but it simply doesn't seem to be strong enough a word.

772581[/snapback]

I could not agree more - pathetic.

I hate to bring up the Belichick word around here, but NO player in the Pats' organization would have made the sort of statements made by TKO.

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut. The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest. We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up. Next question."

That really is not too much to ask of a professional.

Wow, of all the Bills I could imagine showing up on the TSW "tar and feather" list I would have expected Takeo to be among the last.  But how fast folks turn. 

Don't give him a benefit of a doubt because he happened to be told about TV just before his presser, not getting a chance to let his emotional reaction die down before talking to the press.  Don't suggest how the press (let alone you numbskulls) would react to him taking the sage advice of "STFU" and saying "next question" when the press asks his reaction to TV being put on IR.  Nope, TKO has instantly turned from emotional leader of the team to locker room cancer, from physical specimen to constantly injured, from team leader to next out the door.

772581[/snapback]

The wheels on the short bus go 'round and 'round...

772581[/snapback]

Beautiful, Daniel.

Finally, someone gets it. It's not about pointing the finger @ people, it's about remembering how we're all Bills fans and not putting any fan above another. It's these kind of posts that will bring us together and not keep us divided.

I hate to bring up the Belichick word around here, but NO player in the Pats' organization would have made the sort of statements made by TKO.

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut.  The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest.  We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up.  Next question."

772612[/snapback]

Wasn't Ty Law running his mouth quite a bit when Lawyer was let go?

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut.  The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest.  We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up.  Next question."

772612[/snapback]

Thank you eball, my thoughts exactly. Why would he even be thinking rebuild. Guess losing by two points on the road in the opener spells doom for this squad. I am not saying that TKO should be out the door, but the "vet leader" in him should have surfaced and said just waht eball suggested.

And if that means to me the Bills are better squad without TV(which I think they are, and i have been saying that training camp LAST year), but Spikes wants to give up on the season, yes i have a problem with that, so count me as a passanger on the retard rollercoaster.

Daniel,

Great post, I couldn't agree more. There is just a general contempt on this board, I don't know if it's jealousy or self-loathing or what, but it seems the moment something happens, it is interpreted that it could have happened differently - a better way. Too many chiefs on this board, and not one damn indian in the lot.

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that spikes' comments were unproductive.

Then we can all move on and hope he doesn't do it again.

That's my attitude anyways.

he should be held accountable for saying something dumb no matter what the excuse.

But we all survive and move on.

But criticizing the criticizers is not going to make this go away.

I'm not turning on him.

But im not going to blindly support him either if he says something i think

he shouldn't have said .. thats all

Wasn't Ty Law running his mouth quite a bit when Lawyer was let go?

772617[/snapback]

Yeah, and the Pats obviously had their heads on straight for the upcoming game. :(

What he said was stupid. He contradicted the coaching staff and doctors. They were dumb comments, and as a professional he should know better.

Bench him? No effin way. Cut him? Ha... he is one of our best players.

Settle him down and don't let his initial hysterics ruffle anyone in the lockerroom and everything will be just fine.

Yeah, and the Pats obviously had their heads on straight for the upcoming game.  :(

What he said was stupid. He contradicted the coaching staff and doctors. They were dumb comments, and as a professional he should know better.

Bench him? No effin way. Cut him? Ha... he is one of our best players.

Settle him down and don't let his initial hysterics ruffle anyone in the lockerroom and everything will be just fine.

772627[/snapback]

So they lost the game because Troy Vincent spoke out?

Or because Belichick cut one of their team leaders RIGHT BEFORE their first game?

No stretch there.

I must have missed that quote.

Good post, Dan. So true. We'll turn on anyone. Except ourselves, who begged for TKO in the first place.

772622[/snapback]

I never did want to look at it that way," Spikes said. "But you have to be a realist about every situation that happens. If you write it down on paper or even say it out loud, it spells rebuilding. As much as you don't want it to be that way, ultimately that's the way that it is."

Guess I'm not as smart as some of you, but I always thought "rebuilding" in sports was a synonym for "we ain't gunna be that good", and I just do not think a vet leader should be saying things like that. So, guess you all would have no problem with TKO pulling a Hasek and saying"im nine years in, no playoffs, we are rebuilding, i want out now"

I know he didn't say that, and im not suggesting he will, only as a vet he should have looked at what the Bills accomplished without himself and TV on the field on Sunday, and should think that if we can shore up things, we can get there"this year"

772612[/snapback]

So I guess "being professional, like the Patriots" includes waiting until after a bad performance, then blaming said performance on the departure of the player.

And being professional is pleading with management through the press (back in the Aug 1st SI issue) to settle the Branch issue.

...and that's only dealing with this year's issue, without going back to when Milloy was cut by the Pats...

Beautiful, Daniel. 

Finally, someone gets it.  It's not about pointing the finger @ people, it's about remembering how we're all Bills fans and not putting any fan above another.  It's these kind of posts that will bring us together and not keep us divided.

772615[/snapback]

Sorry, I'll shut up. Spikes is acting like a spoiled child and needs a spanking. Kumbaya and all that stuff. Peace out.