Levy's Quick Reflexes

Pass the Pipe

I have to hand it to Marv, he saw an opportunity and quickly removed a guy that should have been cut two weeks ago. I wish TV well he has been a good solider, but his time has certainly come. This organization can't afford to take reps away from a guy like Ko Simpson, he has too much upside to waste a year on the bench. For a good reference check out Eugene Wilson and S. Samuels, both played huge as rookies. Experience means nothing if one can't get to the ball carrier and then take him down once he arrives, which is exactly TV's problem. A tweak of the hamstring and the guy is on IR? TV's real injury was the tape showing Ko's nine tackles, speed, and instincts.

I have news for TKO, stop your crying over TV and tend to business otherwise you will be holding a clipboard next to TV, luckily for you we didn't draft AJ Hawk or that kid from FS in Cleveland because you might be on IR today as well.

I have to hand it to Marv, he saw an opportunity and quickly removed a guy that should have been cut two weeks ago. I wish TV well he has been a good solider, but his time has certainly come. This organization can't afford to take reps away from a guy like Ko Simpson, he has too much upside to waste a year on the bench. For a good reference check out Eugene Wilson and S. Samuels, both played huge as rookies. Experience means nothing if one can't get to the ball carrier and then take him down once he arrives, which is exactly TV's problem. A tweak of the hamstring and the guy is on IR? TV's real injury was the tape showing Ko's nine tackles, speed, and instincts.

I have news for TKO, stop your crying over TV and tend to business otherwise you will be holding a clipboard next to TV, luckily for you we didn't draft AJ Hawk or that kid from FS in Cleveland because you might be on IR today as well.

772380[/snapback]

Good post. I like the fact that Marv and co. are approaching the older players like TV..... What have you really done for us lately?

772380[/snapback]

Thats the 2nd odd (for lack of a more offensive word) statement you have made in the past hour. Your telling Takeo Spikes, our best linebacker and one of the higher quality linebackers in the league to stop his whining or we are going to bench or deactivate him? You must be kidding. I guess you forgot what happened on the first play of last game.

btw: i have news for you. AJ Hawk and that "kid from FS in Cleveland" are no where near the caliber that Takeo is.

Thats the 2nd odd (for lack of a more offensive word)  statement you have made in the past hour.  Your telling Takeo Spikes, our best linebacker and one of the higher quality linebackers in the league to stop his whining or we are going to bench or deactivate him? You must be kidding. I guess you forgot what happened on the first play of last game.

btw: i have news for you. AJ Hawk and that "kid from FS in Cleveland" are no where near the caliber that Takeo is.

772402[/snapback]

I agree Spikes is a good player, but we haven't won much with him and the liklihood of a full recovery from his injury is not likely. This team needs to go in another direction and putting TV on the IR is a step in that direction, thus I didn't agree with Spike's comments about experience etc.

I agree Spikes is a good player, but we haven't won much with him and the liklihood of a full recovery from his injury is not likely. This team needs to go in another direction and putting TV on the IR is a step in that direction, thus I didn't agree with Spike's comments about experience etc.

772404[/snapback]

...and because you didn't agree with him you call for his benching?

What has Spikes done for this team?

The two seasons he was healthy(2003-2004) our Defence was #2 in the league.

Your comments were waaaaay to harsh & judgemental against one of the premiere players in the league. TKO is a true warrior for the Bills.

772404[/snapback]

Well if Spikes pounding Brady on the first play of the game wasnt him at 100% then I dont mind having him at whatever percent he was then. And if winning makes a player good then we should have shipped Jim Kelly off before he reached the 3rd Super Bowl in favor of a younger QB. After all by that time he was 0-2 in SB's. Right?

Spikes is the only legitimate superstar on this team, and we all witnessed what happened to this defense when he went down last year. In fact, we got to see once again how much the D changes when he goes down just this past Sunday. The thought of benching him makes me queasy.

772411[/snapback]

If the Bills were to lose Spikes then 2-14 or 1-15 looks more and more possible. :(

Thats the 2nd odd (for lack of a more offensive word)  statement you have made in the past hour.  Your telling Takeo Spikes, our best linebacker and one of the higher quality linebackers in the league to stop his whining or we are going to bench or deactivate him? You must be kidding. I guess you forgot what happened on the first play of last game.

772402[/snapback]

Actually London is our best LB, He's healthy and in the lineup week after week......

He should stop his whining over TV,,Didn't we already go through this crap last year???

The first play was great but what about the rest of the game or season for that matter??

When you blow out the achelles tendon one tends to put more pressure on the other leg, thus resulting in injuries....I love TKO but am prepared for the whole recuring injury thing to become common place in his case......

...and because you didn't agree with him you call for his benching?

What has Spikes done for this team?

The two seasons he was healthy(2003-2004) our Defence was #2 in the league.

Your comments were waaaaay to harsh & judgemental against one of the premiere players in the league.  TKO is a true warrior for the Bills.

772407[/snapback]

Agreed.. He is not only a warrior on the field but in the locker room as well. TV will bounce back and with his experience will probably become a DB coach some where maybe even for the Bills this season. Just because he has slowed down in his latter years doesn't meen he has nothing to offer. It sounds as though he will be sticking around Buffalo for a while any way.

Benching Spikes now = A slow and painful death for the Bills season. With him in at least we have a chance. He forces the other LB's mainly Fletcher to play to their fullest potential. He does this by being a dominating force both on and off the field and providing them with words of encouragement.

If you want to call for someone to be benched I will ask a question asked many times here in the last couple of weeks, Why is Coy Wire still here?

I think TKO is upset because he knows that he is starting the downside of his career.

he knows that as a player gets older, those nagging injuries start to happen. He also knows that if we are in another rebuilding year, his chance of being in a SB are fading.

In this salary cap league, you can no longer keep a vet around for as long as he wants anymore. He is a great player when healthy, but if he can not stay on the field, he can not help us.