Some guy in league is HIGH on getting my Gore

Phlegm Alley

I offered him Gore and Donald Driver for TO and Cedric Benson.

I also offered him Gore and Roy Williams for TO straight up.

I have crazy depth at RB with LT, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor and Fred Taylor.

My WR are Holt, Roy Williams, Driver, Lee Evans, and E. Kennison.

Would you guys do this? I really want to shore up my WR position with top talent and I think now is the time to sell Gore HIGH because his value isn't going to get any higher.

I wouldn't give up too much for TO...you already know why....

Are there any other recievers you can trade for in your leauge? See who has Larry Fitzgerald, and see if you can come up with a deal for him, if you are that bent on upgrading your receivers.

Having LT, I agree, you could trade someone. However, after LT, I think Gore is your best RB. And, your receivers are not that bad...

In my leauge, we get points for TD's (6 pts), and yards (1 pt for every 10yrds, a 5 pt bonus for breaking 100 yard mark with a reciever or RB), and personally, I think WR's are the most unreliable of all of the positions to get points from, so I wouldn't chase after one too much....I would rather take my chances with a strong core of RB's, and second tier WR's, than the other way around.

Still, like you, I have a good group of RB's:

Willis McGahee, Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, Tatum Bell,

Samkon Gado, Dominc Rhodes & Cedric Benson

I have so-so WR's:

Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, Reggie Brown, Ernest Wilford, Kevin Curtis

I will look for a trade, or a breakout player as the season unfolds....

Would you guys do this?  I really want to shore up my WR position with top talent and I think now is the time to sell Gore HIGH because his value isn't going to get any higher.

772099[/snapback]

Why do you want T.O.? You know Drew is his QB, right?

Would you guys do this?  I really want to shore up my WR position with top talent and I think now is the time to sell Gore HIGH because his value isn't going to get any higher.

772099[/snapback]

I agree with what you're thinking, dump Gore and pick up TO. You don't have another WR whose a threat to score TD's regularly.

I get tired of the "you have to have two great rb's" all the time. There's only so many, and you're lucky to have one. It comes down to how different will your other rb's will be from gore vs the diff of To and one of your other wr's. TO could be a top receiver and you will not be able to say that about any of your secondary rb's. You are looking for more of a leg up anywhere on your roster, wr's included. You've got to believe TO will give you a bigger point differential over Driver/Williams than gore over brown/taylor.

772099[/snapback]

Hope you didnt do this

Gore, 74yds rushing 1TD (3rd Quarter)

Driver, 153 yds recieving

Benson, 25 yards rushing

TO....TBD

I am telling you, as long as he stays healthy, Gore is the real deal, the kind of running back that will have a great season, despite a crappy line, not a bad year because of a crappy line...don't trade him...with LT and Gore you should have a great chance of winning your leauge...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.