My experience from the game

stevewin

Every year for the last 5 or six years my brother and I have both flown up to Buffalo (my brother from Florida) for the home game closest to the 1st week of October to take my Dad to the game for his birthday (he is 70 today). In this period we have met disappointment more often than not as the Bills lose, and tried not to let it ruin the day - but I think this was the worst.

We were in section 330 in the upper deck - and there were Pats fans everywhere. Vocal ones. Pretty much my whole life I've sat in the end zone - and I've never seen such displays of vocal arrogance from opposing fans throughout a game go so unchallenged. Anyway, near the start of the second half this arrogant !@#$ Pats fan is walking up the aisle taunting Bills fans screaming Pats are champs and Bills suck - when he gets to me I just looked him in the eye and said calmly "You sure you want to be doing that?" adn he kind of just looked at me and walked on.

Fast forward to just after the funble return for TD. I was in that place of despair just after a crushing defeat so familiar to most of us where you're sitting there crushed that that blew it again, realizing maybe you drank a little to much, and questioning what is it that makes it all worth it. I also had to witness hundreds of classless opposing fans screaming and swearing at Bills fans (in our house!) to an extent which was unprecedented in my experience, and just wondering when (if?) some good old fashioned Bills stadium justice would get done and put and end to it. Just at that moment the same Pats fan comes down the aisle crowing about the Pats and screaming stevestojan at the Bills fans and then makes a point to stop at me and start screaming stevestojan.

Normally in these situations I'm pretty much in control of myself. I'm 40 yrs old and haven't been in a fight in 20 years. I dropped a couple F-bombs back at him which felt good and I figured that woud be it. He wouldn't stop though - and then I pretty much lost it. I'm 6' and go an 'athletic' 180 (if I say so myself :lol:) ) - and this guy easily had 20-30 pounds on me but I didn't care - I jumped up and went after him down the aisle which he definitely wasn't expecting. He was retreating while we exchanged expletives - and he got down in the tunnel while I was hanging over iwhile we swore at each other. I figured again that was it - but then he spit at me and starting walking off. At this point I chased him down the tunnel and things got more interesting when two other Pats fans stepped in front of me when I reached the guy. Of course then this guy got a lot more courageous - and luckily at that moment my brother came from the stands to back me up. My brother goes a good 220 so then this guy wasn't so courageous anymore - so my brother went off with that guy and I was left with these other two Pats fans as more started gathering. I'm thinking "Where the hell are all the Bills fans?". It got to that point where you think, well I might get my ass kicked but let me at least figure out how to infict some damage before I go down. Finally a Bills fan came over and extracted me from the situation with no blood shed.

On our way out after the game we were walking under the stands amidst the throngs of taunting screaming Pats fans. It was like a bad dream - like some invading horde of classless arrogant !@#$s had overtaken RWS.

My brother looked at me on the way out , surveying the scene, and shook his head and said "What's happenned to the Bills Nation?". I can only guess they were in their cars on the way home.

That sucks man. I'm driving up from Jacksonville NC and bringing my son to the St Louis game. His first game ever and my first one in many years. I only hope for him to have a good experience and a lot of fun. Fortunately we will be sitting in R. Rich's seats in the endzone, so I'm sure we'll be surrounded with motivated Bills fans. I'm not sure I would've had the patience you did and I probably would've been swinging pretty quickly with that going on. Trust me, if I'd have been there I would've been right beside you (providing my son wasn't with me :lol: ) Sorry you had a bad experience like that.

Steve,

Sorry you had a day like that. It's no surprise. The moment you said you were surrounded by Pats fans, I knew your day was gonna suck. Hell...we could've WON the freakin' game, and your day would have still sucked. I hope your kids weren't around. It's a shame if they had to be subjected to yet another moronic Patriots fan who's all talk and no balls.

(Oh...wait...I hear the obligatory "All Patriots fans aren't like that..." Yeah, I'm sure. You're only like that when your team is winning because you sure as hell aren't around when they're losing.)

There sure were tons on PATHETIC patriot fabs. They are rude and crude. Kind of like the Miami Fans. At least you know they were crapping their pants during the first half.

hey, i took that sort of abuse when i showed up to Bills game with a Rob Johnson jersey on and took the abuse from OUR OWN FANS

Johnson was starting too and people cheered when he got hurt...it's been ugly at the ralph for some time

I dunno if this kind of stuff happens at GB or KC

I've been to one winning game in my entire life and that was the snow bowl against Miami in Dec. 2002 where ricky williams ran for 200 yards against us...near the end, it was snowing so hard that we could hardly see...everyone was just happy...i don't remember any taunting of dolphins fans going on since we were too busy celebrating (dean martin's let it snow was playing during the huge blizzard was a nice touch)...man, it was almost as good as sex :lol:

but when we lose, it's really ugly...especially since we've been losing for so long...last year at the dolphins game when we got our butts spanked, it was like steve's experience...dolphins fans would openly taunt you and curse alot (we were in the family section)...guy would move around alot push people and no one would say anything...parents would occasionally give dirty looks when the guy cursed because their kids were sitting there but no one would do anything...to add insult to injury, the guy was sitting in my seat, but since there were plenty of open seats there, i just took another one in front of him...finally, after he kicked me in the head (by accident while doing his drunken jeering...you're not supposed to drink in the family section, but apparently it's not enforced), i got up and laid into him...apparently he didn't think anyone was going to stand up to him so he left

i didn't need anyone to back me up since the guy was a huge turkey, but it still pisses me off that i was the only one to stand up and do something