Hate to sound like a prick but

Buffalo Mike1

And let me say I am proud of our team today, really. But Willis stud that you are- do you think that when the game is on the line, for the knock out punch- do you think you can convert a 4th and 2 feet to secure your team a victory on the road and cast all NFL puke analyst wrong- NOT.

But the A-Train can bust an 18yd TD run up the middle when it counts. NOT A LOUSY FRIGGIN TWO YARDS. Jesus man , wake up.

And let me say I am proud of our team today, really. But Willis stud that you are- do you think that when the game is on the line, for the knock out punch- do you think you can convert a 4th and 2 feet to secure your team a victory on the road and cast all NFL puke analyst wrong- NOT.

But the A-Train can bust an 18yd TD run up the middle when it counts. NOT A LOUSY FRIGGIN TWO YARDS. Jesus man , wake up.

768712[/snapback]

Your post was wrong, but your title is right about the "prick" part.

768712[/snapback]

You might want to watch the replay of that play. The Pats busted that play up from the snap -- thanks to the line.

Compare that with the holes that the Pats line was opening up for their backs.

Your post was wrong, but your title is right about the "prick" part.

768714[/snapback]

Sorry- I respect you post but I think that our coaching staff showed that they also had faith that he could deliver the knock out punch. Until he does you can cll me a prick or worse.

768712[/snapback]

Not withstanding these retarded replies you are absolutely correct. Not a huge hole but not an inordinate amount of penetration either for a short yardage play. It's not too much to ask for your franchise back to get a yard there; he came up small, then blamed the OL and said he didn't know what down it was. Pretty disgraceful; I'd like to see A-train as the short yardage back if that's the best he's got.

You might want to watch the replay of that play.  The Pats busted that play up from the snap -- thanks to the line.

Compare that with the holes that the Pats line was opening up for their backs.

768717[/snapback]

holes or no holes, if you build up some speed and throw your muscular NFL runningback body (which is equivalent to a human battering ram) into a wall of flesh, that wall will give

detrimental to your health? well, don't worry, you've got millions in the bank

Not withstanding these retarded replies you are absolutely correct.  Not a huge hole but not an inordinate amount of penetration either for a short yardage play.  It's not too much to ask for your franchise back to get a yard there; he came up small, then blamed the OL and said he didn't know what down it was.  Pretty disgraceful; I'd like to see A-train as the short yardage back if that's the best he's got.

768743[/snapback]

You cannot just say a back should automatically get a yard on 4th and one. That's ridiculous. Each individual play needs to be analyzed for what it is. I saw no hole. I saw Willis looking for one, having to choose, and then driving pretty hard for it. It also looked like he got it solely on effort. It was only on replay that you saw his knee down that it appeared he didnt get it. He didn't loaf or lollygag or miss a hole at all on that run.

You cannot just say a back should automatically get a yard on 4th and one. That's ridiculous. Each individual play needs to be analyzed for what it is. I saw no hole. I saw Willis looking for one, having to choose, and then driving pretty hard for it. It also looked like he got it solely on effort. It was only on replay that you saw his knee down that it appeared he didnt get it. He didn't loaf or lollygag or miss a hole at all on that run.

768752[/snapback]

Well maybe he can get two yards with no hole availabe- because THAT IS HIS JOB- and maybe we will not need to have this conversation. Did you see anything that gives you the impression that he is our savior at running back today. Good god, we gave him a pass last year for piss poor coaching. Where is the stiff arm that he used to run Travis out of town??????

You cannot just say a back should automatically get a yard on 4th and one. That's ridiculous.

768752[/snapback]

Yeah, not even close to what I'm saying. I've seen much worse penetration in similar situations and to me it was a pretty average clusterf&k stalemate by short yardage NFL standards. IMO that should be good enough for a supposed franchise top 10 back. What's ridiculous is this implication that the OL failed because Maroney&Dillon happened to have huge holes in similar situations. The fact is our DL sucks and that was the exception to what is normal. I mean, if you needed a visible hole to move the chains the league success rate for 3rd/4th & 1's would be about 20%.

768752[/snapback]

Such as Losman not getting a smooth snap count and handoff yet?

With that being said, when Priest Holmes has (had) to get two feet, he took the handoff and ran full speed at the line (usually the goal line.) McGahee got stuffed because he danced and hesitated. Yuck.

JDG

Well maybe he can get two yards with no hole availabe- because THAT IS HIS JOB- and maybe we will not need to have this conversation. Did you see anything that gives you the impression that he is our savior at running back today. Good god, we gave him a pass last year for piss poor coaching. Where is the stiff arm that he used to run Travis out of town??????

768772[/snapback]

I thought he had a decent game. Not great, not lousy. I thought he showed some speed. he broke a few tackles. He had a couple holes and usually got very good yardage from them. When he was tackled for no gains or losses he had no room.

People don't like the way he runs but get used to it, that is the way he runs and he became a #1 pick and a 1200 yard rusher and a fabulous college player and very good pro RB running that way. Some guys just barrel into the hole on every play and those guys are usually named Justin Fargas or worse. Willis has not been one of the top five backs in the league yet, IMO, but he's pretty damn good and better than 3 out of every 4 or 4 out of every 5. On that particular play I think he could have made it if he was able to just keep his knee up. He tried hard, he drove hard, he got what he could out of no hole. If he got the holes most other backs do he would break a lot more. I watched every single play last year and I barely remember one that he had a huge hole and wasn't touched before being 7 yards into the defensive backfield. The good backs have those more than once and often several times a game.

The fact is our DL sucks and that was the exception to what is normal.  I mean, if you needed a visible hole to move the chains the league success rate for 3rd/4th & 1's would be about 20%.

768774[/snapback]

Actuallly, our DL may have a decent pass rush. But we do seem to be a bit undersized against teams that want to run it down our throat....

JDG

I thought he had a decent game. Not great, not lousy. I thought he showed some speed. he broke a few tackles. He had a couple holes and usually got very good yardage from them. When he was tackled for no gains or losses he had no room.

People don't like the way he runs but get used to it, that is the way he runs and he became a #1 pick and a 1200 yard rusher and a fabulous college player and very good pro RB running that way. Some guys just barrel into the hole on every play and those guys are usually named Justin Fargas or worse. Willis has not been one of the top five backs in the league yet, IMO, but he's pretty damn good and better than 3 out of every 4 or 4 out of every 5. On that particular play I think he could have made it if he was able to just keep his knee up. He tried hard, he drove hard, he got what he could out of no hole. if he got the holes most other backs do he would break a lot more. I watched every single play last year and I barely remember one that he had a huge hole and wasn't touched before being 7 yards into the defensive backfield. the good backs have those more than once and often several times a game.

768793[/snapback]

And you bring up some good points. But I distinctly remember him not being able to convert several short yard downs last year. I'm sorry, and I will put this to rest- but he ran like a man on a mission when Henry was #1. And our line sucked, just answer me one question- have you seen a stiff-arm since??????????????????????

768772[/snapback]

What's your job? Are you perfect? If you are being paid to be perfect, you are working for a bunch of idiots.

768712[/snapback]

How come you get to say you are a prick on two threads?

And you bring up some good points. But I distinctly remember him not being able to convert several short yard downs last year. I'm sorry, and I will put this to rest- but he ran like a man on a mission when Henry was #1. And our line sucked, just answer me one question- have you seen a stiff-arm since??????????????????????

768805[/snapback]

Stiff arms work on sweeps and he barely ran them last year. Another one of Lunkhead's ridiculous ideas of avoiding things he does well. He ran between the tackles 95% of the time. You cannot stiff arm unless you are in the open.

Edgerrin James 26-73

Fred Taylor 21-74

LArry Johnson 17-68

Thomas Jones 21-63

Shaun Alexander 19-51

Deshaun Foster 15-54

Kevan Barlow 11-35

Travis Henry 9-22

A lot of good running backs produced the same or worse than McGahee today, mostly against defenses that aren't as stacked up the middle as the Patriots.

You people make me sick with your bull sh--. Buffalo has to have some better fans than this.