Rodney Harrison

OGTEleven

This is not some claim that the Bills would have won yesterday if....... or anything like that.

It isn't really about the Bills at all.

I watched with disgust yesterday as three separate times (I'm sure I missed a few) Rodney Harrison appeared to me to try to hurt people.

There was one head shot (I thin Bledsoe but I'm unsure at this point and I don't remember as well as the other two which were):

1. Neufeld over the middle. Bledsoe badly overthrows him while he is open (no big surprise). Harrison started on a path to hit him low and try to break up the pass. He clearly saw the pass go (way) long. Does he pull up ? No (he shouldn't have). Does he continue aling the same path? No. (He should have). What does he do? He decides to take the opportunity to go head hunting. He probably missed seriously injuring Neufeld by a couple of inches. I happened to be watching him on that play and his intent was very clear.

2. Garbage time. Moulds catches a 7 or 8 yard pass in the middle of the field and ends up laying on his stomach. One Pats players starts to touch him down. Another comes flying full speed helmet first into Moulds' wide open back. Anyone catch a number? 37.

On the botched punt I thought Moorman took a late and cheap hit. I didn't see who it was but I wouldn't be surprised (although I would be a bit surprised if Harrison was in on ST). This was not as bad as the others.

It is very clear that nobody on the Bills offense has the guts to stand up to Harrison. They play gutless during the play, why not after? Shouldn't the league do something about this loser. If not, shouldn't some offensive player (on a team that shows some guts) do something to stop him or at least let him know turnabout is on the way?

That hit on Neufeld should have been a penalty according to NFL rules you can't hit a defenseless player...the rule was put in for the EXACT reason you saw yesterday, WRs going for a high ball and who have no means of protecting themselves from a headhunting safety. I'm not a big fan of the rule, but I understand why its there...and if the refs are going to call a fair game they have to make that call...why else is it in the rulebook? It should have been a 15 yard personal foul.

That hit on Neufeld should have been a penalty according to NFL rules you can't hit a defenseless player...the rule was put in for the EXACT reason you saw yesterday, WRs going for a high ball and who have no means of protecting themselves from a headhunting safety.  I'm not a big fan of the rule, but I understand why its there...and if the refs are going to call a fair game they have to make that call...why else is it in the rulebook?  It should have been a 15 yard personal foul.

55432[/snapback]

That hit was nasty too. Neufeld's head really snapped on that one. Of course the refs aren't going to call stevestojan on the Patsies... We'll get another apology from the league today.... :lol:

The NFL is a hard hitting violent game.   If you dont like it you should follow the NBA or something where contact is frowned upon.

55447[/snapback]

Don't be a mass hole. If someone on the Bills did that crap to a Pat, I wouldn't like nor would most of the people here. It is a hard hitting game. There is no reson to try to hurt people. If it happens it happens, but intent is another thing.

The NFL is a hard hitting violent game.  If you dont like it you should follow the NBA or something where contact is frowned upon.

55447[/snapback]

Sure is. And someone on the Bills should have had the sack to make some contact at Harrison's knees.

Sure is.  And someone on the Bills should have had the sack to make some contact at Harrison's knees.

55459[/snapback]

Yep. Another thread talked about DB getting slammed by a Pat's LB. There are times when suffering an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is necessary.

I have fond memories of when then-Dallas Safety George Teague flattened TO when he did his little dance in the middle of Texas Stadium...

Don't be a mass hole.  If someone on the Bills did that crap to a Pat, I wouldn't like nor would most of the people here.  It is a hard hitting game.  There is no reson to try to hurt people.  If it happens it happens, but intent is another thing.

55454[/snapback]

Tiger's stripes never change, OGT. He will always feel that everything he sees is right and everything we see is wrong. It's his nature. He's a Pat's fan. On a Bills board. All the time. You're right...if it were reversed, he'd be pissed. That's what Pats fans do. Show up, blabber, and then run away until it's there time to blabber again.

This is not some claim that the Bills would have won yesterday if....... or anything like that.

It isn't really about the Bills at all.

I watched with disgust yesterday as three separate times (I'm sure I missed a few) Rodney Harrison appeared to me to try to hurt people.

There was one head shot (I thin Bledsoe but I'm unsure at this point and I don't remember as well as the other two which were):

1. Neufeld over the middle.  Bledsoe badly overthrows him while he is open (no big surprise).  Harrison started on a path to hit him low and try to break up the pass.  He clearly saw the pass go (way) long.  Does he pull up ? No (he shouldn't have).  Does he continue aling the same path? No. (He should have).  What does he do?  He decides to take the opportunity to go head hunting.  He probably missed seriously injuring Neufeld by a couple of inches.  I happened to be watching him on that play and his intent was very clear.

2. Garbage time.  Moulds catches a 7 or 8 yard pass in the middle of the field and ends up laying on his stomach.  One Pats players starts to touch him down.  Another comes flying full speed helmet first into Moulds' wide open back.  Anyone catch a number?  37.

On the botched punt I thought Moorman took a late and cheap hit.  I didn't see who it was but I wouldn't be surprised (although I would be a bit surprised if Harrison was in on ST).  This was not as bad as the others.

It is very clear that nobody on the Bills offense has the guts to stand up to Harrison.  They play gutless during the play, why not after?  Shouldn't the league do something about this loser.  If not, shouldn't some offensive player (on a team that shows some guts) do something to stop him or at least let him know turnabout is on the way?

55409[/snapback]

I'm not sure because I just had it on in the background, but I think ESPN's pregame show had some kind of piece yesterday that more or less glorified his style of play.

I'm not sure because I just had it on in the background, but I think ESPN's pregame show had some kind of piece yesterday that more or less glorified his style of play.

55652[/snapback]

They did, and Im sorry, but it was HILARIOUS...

Basically, every time a player gets fine, the money goes to charity. He has been fined $350,000 in his career, easily an NFL record.

But they interviewed other players for the bit, and it was too funny: "Rodney almost blew out both of my knees on a cheap shot, but if that means a bigger classroom can be built in some school, I'll happily take that chance"..

They all played along, and it was funny.

Man, what ever happened to this being a violent sport?

They did, and Im sorry, but it was HILARIOUS...

Basically, every time a player gets fine, the money goes to charity. He has been fined $350,000 in his career, easily an NFL record.

But they interviewed other players for the bit, and it was too funny: "Rodney almost blew out both of my knees on a cheap shot, but if that means a bigger classroom can be built in some school, I'll happily take that chance"..

They all played along, and it was funny.

Man, what ever happened to this being a violent sport?

55654[/snapback]

Like I said, I wasn't really paying attention. I heard Kenny Mayne, so I should have known it wasn't serious.

I believe the guy that took the cheapshot at Moorman after he was down was #48, Banta-Cain. (Yep, he got nailed for a different 15-yarder, but not for that one.) Looks like Harrison is teaching him well.