donte whitners int

JAMIEBUF12

It was a block in the back on Nate Clements. The guy he blocked in the back, IIRC, was the guy that Whitner jumped over. I don't recall seeing a good replay of it but it looked to me to clearly be a penalty, and even if the refs didn't blow the play dead for Whitner being IN bounds, it would have been called back. i think it was a good or reasonable call. It looked to me like Clements pushed him in the back and he would have made the tackle without it.

I saw it several times.  It was a bullshiit call.

768583[/snapback]

I just watched it several times on tivo. If you go to 8:20 left in the 4th quarter and slow it down you can see Clements clearly use both hands to shove the guy down. It's not even a questionable call.

We saw different things, then. I saw the guy getting OLE'd by Clements as he was going down and diving for Whitner's legs, only to miss them because Whitner hurdled him. And for good measure, the zebras somehow see that Whitner steps out of bounds, so that even IF the block in the back isn't called, it's no TD since the whistle blew. Genius.

And I can name a laundry list of penalties the zebras missed that would have gone in favor of the Bills.

I just watched it several times on tivo.  If you go to 8:20 left in the 4th quarter and slow it down you can see Clements clearly use both hands to shove the guy down.  It's not even a questionable call.

768616[/snapback]

Agreed. It was a dumb play by Clements because he might have scored even without the block in the back.

Agreed. It was a dumb play by Clements because he might have scored even without the block in the back.

768644[/snapback]

Another thing that needs to be said, is that the refs blew the whistle at that point. A lot of players stopped at the 50 yard line. Whitner MAY have scored on the play if they didn't call it Ob AND if they didn't call the penalty but even that is very suspect. The Pats didn't try to run him down. Virtually ALL of the Bills ran with him toward the endzone.