Why, Willis Why

I 90

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that amazing?!?!?

When i read all of the post-game interviews, this was the one that REALLY jumped out at me, and put salt in my wounds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

768469[/snapback]

Astonishing.

O.K. He's a different cat, Wonderlic challenged and all. Maybe a play is a play to him and it doesn't matter AND it works for him.

Can someone not tell him that the team now comes under "attention to detail" scrutiny ? Or that we all have to hear more crap about the Patriots "superior preparation". More pressure for everyone.

travis looked pretty good today for the titans. lol

768534[/snapback]

Yeah, i saw that TD run where he took the corner and busted in for the score....I never had any problem with Travis as our back, but Willis was clearly an upgrade.....I think, lol.

You didn't know it was 4th and one ? You thought it was 3rd and one ?

Why say it out loud and ruin my day. I thought it was the little things that got the Bills beat. That is a pretty big one.

You had two hours to figure out something to say, but that dribbles out.

768368[/snapback]

I agree, that's information you keep to yourself.

I have a feeling Willis will be getting some schooling from Studeville this week. He really is an "engage mouth before brain" kind of guy. I can't wait until he begins negotiating a contract extension in the press!

Anyway, he is an upgrade to T. Henry. He hasn't smoked dope or picked up underage girls, yet!

Isn't that amazing?!?!?

When i read all of the post-game interviews, this was the one that REALLY jumped out at me, and put salt in my wounds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?

!@#$ING MORON!

I have no emotion left to give this team...especially with S%$T like this. They don't even know what freakin down it is. And that isn't coaching....I mean, the coaching staff can't be expected to wipe these guys for them...knowing what down it is????? OMG!

Jauron has to have some hilarious stories about the sh&t these guys must say, or do during film studies, and positional breakdown meetings....oh to be a fly on the wall of some of those meetings....

"Aw, snap coach, I thought that sh%t was 3rd mutha f&ckin down, so I didn't hit that hole like I normally do when I'm hittin up tha bitchez down on chippewas street....damn, othawize I woulda scored and sh&t!"

DJ: "Wait, Willis, I'm sorry, I did not quite understand you there, son, you say you didn't know what down it was, and because you didn't know the down and distance, you didn't run as hard as you normally do? Well that's not how we play football around here son, and that is unacceptable Buffalo Bills football son....what do you have to say for yourself?"

WM: "Shiiiiiit......I ain't got sh-- to say coach, damn. They used to scream the mutha f*ckin down out fo us at the U...."

UGH!

Marv, do something please. Your cerebral fans are dying over here.

768469[/snapback]

Like I've been saying all this time. The players quit on the team, it had nothing to do with the coaching.

link to postgame report with said quote?

768682[/snapback]

I had no luck finding one when I posted, figuring I was early. It might be up to WGR550 that has the quote on tape to make something of it.

Any chance they're burying it now that Jauron is selling it his way everywhere else ? They 4th and one talk elsewhere seems not to wonder about Willis hesitating in the hole, and where his head was at. Wish I could say the same.

You didn't know it was 4th and one ? You thought it was 3rd and one ?

Why say it out loud and ruin my day. I thought it was the little things that got the Bills beat. That is a pretty big one.

You had two hours to figure out something to say, but that dribbles out.

768368[/snapback]

The worst part of it is that it should not have mattered.

All that rhetoric he spouted this past week about playing hard ... hmmm :D

Maybe he meant that he was going into the play thinking of it as a third down, therefore not feeling any pressure and just running it like a normal play, it's pretty hard to believe that a running back couldn't remember the down, especially seeing as how the coach had to make the decision, and also all the 4s looming around the stadium.

For example, it was like after a Superbowl and asking the quarterback if he was too excited or something, and the quarterback says it was just a normal game, it doesn't mean he forgot it's the Superbowl, it just means he has that mentality, just using this as an example.

Maybe he meant that he was going into the play thinking of it as a third down, therefore not feeling any pressure and just running it like a normal play,

768801[/snapback]

Deciphering what Willis means when he talks is not a job I would wish on anyone. You are a brave, brave man.

But hey, Willis isn't stressed by the confusion, and it's turning out to be a small part of the 4th and 1 story, so I guess I'll relax as well.

It's alarming that Willis thought it was 3rd down (and I agree I-90, Willis needs to keep that sh-- to himself.) Had he known it was 4th, I agree with some other posters, he may not have necessarily ran harder. But he may have run differently. We'll never know.

Either way, nice penetration by the Pats, there was not much there. Might have been worth a challenge for a poor spot, but there probably wasn't anything conclusive there either.

The bottom line is the Bills possibly could've won the game on that play, but they definitely didn't lose the game on that play.