Sabres Jerseys Coming Next Saturday

PTS

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the unveiling - the white jerseys are completely terrible.  A big yellow logo on a white jersey DOES NOT WORK.  And having nothing along the bottom and top of the uniform makes the players look like big white rectangles with arms.  What the !@#$ were they thinking?

The home jerseys are OK, I guess, but they're so busy.

All the dumbasses who said we needed to see these things in context to "get" them need to apologize.  I actually think the banana slug is worse now that I've seen it on a uniform.

774919[/snapback]

They actually let you out of Texas?

:pirate:

Just got back from the unveiling - the white jerseys are completely terrible.  A big yellow logo on a white jersey DOES NOT WORK.  And having nothing along the bottom and top of the uniform makes the players look like big white rectangles with arms.  What the !@#$ were they thinking?

The home jerseys are OK, I guess, but they're so busy.

All the dumbasses who said we needed to see these things in context to "get" them need to apologize.  I actually think the banana slug is worse now that I've seen it on a uniform.

774919[/snapback]

Were people buying the new junk? When Channel 2 panned the crowd I only saw 1 lady wearing a tee shirt that may have been new. (1 out of 2,000 isn't bad in my book.)

My fear is that people will say "I want to support the team and buy this stuff even though it has a horrible snot smear across it". If the cash registers in the store were mobbed, we'll be stuck with this abomination for a long time.

Were people buying the new junk?  When Channel 2 panned the crowd I only saw 1 lady wearing a tee shirt that may have been new.  (1 out of 2,000 isn't bad in my book.)

My fear is that people will say "I want to support the team and buy this stuff even though it has a horrible snot smear across it".  If the cash registers in the store were mobbed, we'll be stuck with this abomination for a long time.

774935[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw a few guys buy and immediately put on the new blue jerseys. (Something tells me the new uniforms could have been purple and periwinkle with Richard Simmons as the logo and these dorks would have bought them.) I saw people buying kids white jerseys too. The Sabres Store really didn't have many jerseys.

People were buying blue and gold Briere t-shirts before the unveiling. I was thinking I'd buy a puck and a pennant on my way out but after seeing the abomination that was the white jersey, I lost all interest in buying anything.

If it helps, even the kids around me in the crowd thought the white jerseys were ugly. If teenagers didn't like it, I don't see how anyone else could. And the kids 12 and under were mainly there to jump around so I didn't gauge their opinions.

For those who need some proof, here's Briere in the road jersey.

Briere is embarassed

Yeah, I saw a few guys buy and immediately put on the new blue jerseys.  (Something tells me the new uniforms could have been purple and periwinkle with Richard Simmons as the logo and these dorks would have bought them.)  I saw people buying kids white jerseys too.  The Sabres Store really didn't have many jerseys.

People were buying blue and gold Briere t-shirts before the unveiling.  I was thinking I'd buy a puck and a pennant on my way out but after seeing the abomination that was the white jersey, I lost all interest in buying anything.

If it helps, even the kids around me in the crowd thought the white jerseys were ugly.  If teenagers didn't like it, I don't see how anyone else could.  And the kids 12 and under were mainly there to jump around so I didn't gauge their opinions.

For those who need some proof, here's Briere in the road jersey.

Briere is embarassed

774938[/snapback]

That is good news. Hopefully this will just be a short lived excursion like the Gorton's fisherman was.

I didn't see any new jerseys for sale at all. Place was packed. People were buying anything & everything with the new logo on it but no jerseys. There was a huge wait to go into the team store when I left.

I'd guess there were about 10,000 people there. Everyone stood up and cheered very loudlywhen the Sabres came out. Players gathered at Center Ice and raised their sticks in a salute to the fans.

The white jerseys are the worse of the two. I really like the blue jerseys- logo and all. I didn't hear one person boo the new unis and there were no chants to get rid of the "slug" and the merchandise was selling like crazy.

I didn't see any new jerseys for sale at all. Place was packed. People were buying anything & everything with the new logo on it but no jerseys. There was a huge wait to go into the team store when I left.

I'd guess there were about 10,000 people there. Everyone stood up and cheered very loudlywhen the Sabres came out. Players gathered at Center Ice and raised their sticks in a salute to the fans.

The white jerseys are the worse of the two. I really like the blue jerseys- logo and all. I didn't hear one person boo the new unis and there were no chants to get rid of the "slug" and the merchandise was selling like crazy.

774945[/snapback]

774950[/snapback]

Like I said, the people buying this crap would have literally bought anything. I own every Sabres uniform ever made and I lost all interest in buying anything once I saw the white jerseys.

They had two years to put this all together. The logo sucks. The uniforms are a jumbled mess of angled stripes all up and down the sleeves. The season starts in less than a month and they didn't have much to sell. Oh, and they accidentally leaked parts of the uniform out constantly all summer (logo, pants and gloves, then home jersey). And when fans hated the logo, they had that goofy thrown-together press conference to announce that the old uniforms would be the alternates. I have no idea if there was a more sloppy way to handle this whole thing.

Larry Quinn said yesterday that they had originally designed the jerseys to be tucked in (the new NHL template) and therefore there were no horizontal lines across the bottom. But the NHL scrapped that template. The result? The Sabres are wearing football jerseys that basically mirror the Denver Broncos. And it's not like the team didn't have time to adjust to the template. The Ducks new uniforms have different colors along the bottom of the jersey (bronze). The Sabres just !@#$ed up.

What's sad is that they'd be ugly even without a logo.....wow.

774956[/snapback]

I was a little worried that I would really like the uniforms (and still hate the logo) and therefore have to consider buying a jersey with an ugly logo. Not worried anymore.

Corey Griswold on WGR is fawning over them and talking about how everyone there loves them. 70% of the people there were less than 20. I didn't hear one person in the crowd say how much they liked them. People were happy to see the team. The uniforms suck. I refuse to believe that every single WGR person came to the same conclusion about how great the uniforms are on their own. Not even one guy there doesn't like them? Hmmmmm.... :pirate:

Larry Quinn said yesterday that they had originally designed the jerseys to be tucked in (the new NHL template) and therefore there were no horizontal lines across the bottom.  But the NHL scrapped that template.  The result?  The Sabres are wearing football jerseys that basically mirror the Denver Broncos.  And it's not like the team didn't have time to adjust to the template.  The Ducks new uniforms have different colors along the bottom of the jersey (bronze).  The Sabres just !@#$ed up.

774955[/snapback]

This actually makes perfect sense to me now. Those jerseys do look like they would go along with some of the tighter fitting crap pictures I saw in the past season. I guess Quinn was just too lazy to bother correcting things once the new style was pushed back.

edit: The more I think about it, I think the blame falls on the shoulders of Reebok. The new style jersey was originally supposed to be out this season. The Sabres and Ducks both have new jerseys this year, and neither has a traditional crest like you'd find on any other jersey. Sure, you may not like some other jerseys around the league, but each one has a logo that fits what you would consider to be a crest. This can't be a coincidence. Reebok was calling the shots on these new jerseys. I fear for the future of the NHL.

I was a little worried that I would really like the uniforms (and still hate the logo) and therefore have to consider buying a jersey with an ugly logo.  Not worried anymore.

Corey Griswold on WGR is fawning over them and talking about how everyone there loves them.  70% of the people there were less than 20.  I didn't hear one person in the crowd say how much they liked them.  People were happy to see the team.  The uniforms suck.  I refuse to believe that every single WGR person came to the same conclusion about how great the uniforms are on their own.  Not even one guy there doesn't like them?  Hmmmmm.... :o

774963[/snapback]

You'd probably be baffled by the video on sabres.com which shows two guys in their late 20s/early 30s buying some new navy blue jerseys and saying how much they like them. Probably Sabres or WGR employees right?

I am 25. I think the jerseys are very cool. I will be buying one navy blue one, and one third one. Sorry everyone.

Believe it or not, 100% of Sabres fans don't hate the new look. I posted yesterday about how it's getting to the point where the logo-b!tching is getting more obnoxious than the actual logo. My friend (a Leafs fan who lives in Kingston) gave me a call earlier today. He has caught wind of all the griping and was happy to report that Leafs fans couldn't give a rip about the new jerseys (he happened to think they weren't bad) but rather he and his Leaf buddies are far more amused at the fact that the fans are so worked up over them.

I don't remember Flyers fans acting this ridiculous when their team ditched the vintage orange look and adopted the black/3rd jerseys full-time...a legitimate reason to gripe IMO.

I don't remember Flyers fans acting this ridiculous when their team ditched the vintage orange look and adopted the black/3rd jerseys full-time...a legitimate reason to gripe IMO.

775041[/snapback]

Did they ditch the claasic Flyers P in favor of a skid mark? No fuggin comparison man.

You'd probably be baffled by the video on sabres.com which shows two guys in their late 20s/early 30s buying some new navy blue jerseys and saying how much they like them.  Probably Sabres or WGR employees right? 

775041[/snapback]

Right? I don't see how you could draw that conclusion from what I wrote. I was at the unveiling and saw a few people buy the things. I have no doubt they were going to buy the new stuff no matter what it looked like.

I poked around the Sabres Store and most of the stuff being sold was pucks, t-shirts, and pennants. I wanted another look at the uniform close up but (just like every other part of this process) they screwed up and had none in stock to sell after a few minutes.

I am 25.  I think the jerseys are very cool.  I will be buying one navy blue one, and one third one.  Sorry everyone. 

775041[/snapback]

I am also 25 and the new uniforms are a mess. The logo looks terrible on white and the sleeves are basically just jumbles of color. Any uniform this trendy will have a shelf life of less than 10 years. So I guess the Sabres weren't that interested in attempting to design a classic uniform. This way, they can keep redesigning and selling crap to people who will buy anything new.

And not that I care what Flyers or Leafs fans think, but at least their teams weren't dumb enough to toss away classic logos when redesigning uniforms. We're stuck with an abstract banana slug until the next even more abstract design comes along (in less than 10 years).

So nobody saw the alternate? Is it identical to the 70's version? That's what I'll be buying when they're available. Fug that slug jersey. HIDEOUS!

775059[/snapback]

Even the players only wore the alternate for the first couple minutes on ice. Having the original that close to the slug only made the new uniforms only look worse. As if to say "Here's what a hockey jersey looks like and here is what a Reebok, football-inspired fashion jersey for teenagers looks like." Players wearing the original were quickly off the ice.

775041[/snapback]

If we needed anymore proof that your username is on par with the quality of your posts, here it is.

If we needed anymore proof that your username is on par with the quality of your posts, here it is.

775072[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Fortunately for Leafs' fans, Reebok hasn't figured out a way to change a Maple Leaf into a flagellate. I wonder what dude's buddies would say then.

That uniform is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. An absolute embarrassment. Congratulations to those who'll actually buy it. You're the reason Pet Rocks, Disco, and Leisure Suits EVER got any play. Retards.

You'd probably be baffled by the video on sabres.com which shows two guys in their late 20s/early 30s buying some new navy blue jerseys and saying how much they like them.  Probably Sabres or WGR employees right?

You mean those two douche bags that looked like they just finished pumping their neighbor's cat before heading down to the arena? I'm really not all that baffled, those are the type of people I figured would buy them. Guys who don't own any underwear with elastic left in them from all the atomic wedges they have endured over their lifetime.

Y My friend (a Leafs fan who lives in Kingston) gave me a call earlier today.  He has caught wind of all the griping and was happy to report that Leafs fans couldn't give a rip about the new jerseys (he happened to think they weren't bad) but rather he and his Leaf buddies are far more amused at the fact that the fans are so worked up over them.

775041[/snapback]

Ummmm...of course a Leafs fan wouldn't be upset about the jersey. IT'S NOT THEIR TEAM THAT SWITCHED TO A SLUG LOGO! :o

Here is a really sexy hat featuring the Banana Slug.  :o

Sweet Jesus

765353[/snapback]

Wow - I'm not a hockey fan... but that thing is patently hideous in every way. What in God's name were they thinking?

I'm sure you guys have all seen THIS EXCELLENT WORK before. (My apologies if it's already been linked in this thread.)

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  Fortunately for Leafs' fans, Reebok hasn't figured out a way to change a Maple Leaf into a flagellate.  I wonder what dude's buddies would say then.

That uniform is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  An absolute embarrassment.  Congratulations to those who'll actually buy it.  You're the reason Pet Rocks, Disco, and Leisure Suits EVER got any play.  Retards.

775108[/snapback]

Well I give up. Seriously. Sabres fans calling other Sabres fans "retards" because some like the logo (a logo for god's sake) and some don't. Awesome. Hopefully we can all be friends again once they hoist the Cup this June.

So anyway, I placed an order for a navy blue Miller jersey a few hours ago. I will now resume drooling on myself and scribbling on the wall with crayons.

BTW, we do all know that the vintage look will be worn this season and is available for purchase right?

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  Fortunately for Leafs' fans, Reebok hasn't figured out a way to change a Maple Leaf into a flagellate.  I wonder what dude's buddies would say then.

That uniform is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  An absolute embarrassment.  Congratulations to those who'll actually buy it.  You're the reason Pet Rocks, Disco, and Leisure Suits EVER got any play.  Retards.

775108[/snapback]

Damn you agreeing with me, now I'll be forever labeled as part of your online mafia.

Well I give up.  Seriously.  Sabres fans calling other Sabres fans "retards" because some like the logo (a logo for god's sake) and some don't.  Awesome.  Hopefully we can all be friends again once they hoist the Cup this June.

Newsflash: There is no way the Hockey Gods will ever allow anyone wearing that ABOMINATION to raise Lord Stanley. Mark my words. Shoot, the only reason Carolina won is because Hurricanes screwed humanity slightly less than Big Oil.

I'm halfway convinced NOW that the reason we're not raising the banner opening night is because the Hockey Gods KNEW this steaming turdfest was coming and were saving the NHL the embarrassment.

That's right. Our new uniform is more embarrassing to the Hockey Gods than Cletus, Jethro, the single tooth they share between them, and their choice of sexual partners (sis, Sooey, and those who remain sheered).

So anyway, I placed an order for a navy blue Miller jersey a few hours ago.  I will now resume drooling on myself and scribbling on the wall with crayons. 

Good luck with that.

BTW, we do all know that the vintage look will be worn this season and is available for purchase right?

775163[/snapback]

Yep, because I'm NOT retarded.

Damn you agreeing with me, now I'll be forever labeled as part of your online mafia.

775178[/snapback]

Never go against the family.

AD's post got me thinking. Today was a reminder that there is a certain segment of the population that will literally buy anything if you tell them it's cool. So maybe the Sabres should do a little social experiment in a few years and attempt to design uniforms so ugly that they will alienate even the Pet Rock/Leisure Suit/New Sabres Crap crowd.

I really don't know if it could be done. On the one hand, there's no limit to how ugly you could make a uniform but, on the other hand, there's nothing these people won't buy. Kind like the unstoppable force versus the unmoveable object.

Never go against the family.

AD's post got me thinking.  Today was a reminder that there is a certain segment of the population that will literally buy anything if you tell them it's cool.  So maybe the Sabres should do a little social experiment in a few years and attempt to design uniforms so ugly that they will alienate even the Pet Rock/Leisure Suit/New Sabres Crap crowd.

I really don't know if it could be done.  On the one hand, there's no limit to how ugly you could make a uniform but, on the other hand, there's nothing these people won't buy.  Kind like the unstoppable force versus the unmoveable object.

775183[/snapback]

It can't. We had military appreciation jerseys one year that seriously resembled firing every cat fluid (hairball, piss, vomit, liquid feces) at a piece of cloth. They were snapped up quick. It was amazing. I still see them at the Arena.

Newsflash:  There is no way the Hockey Gods will ever allow anyone wearing that ABOMINATION to raise Lord Stanley.  Mark my words.  Shoot, the only reason Carolina won is because Hurricanes screwed humanity slightly less than Big Oil.

I'm halfway convinced NOW that the reason we're not raising the banner opening night is because the Hockey Gods KNEW this steaming turdfest was coming and were saving the NHL the embarrassment.

That's right.  Our new uniform is more embarrassing to the Hockey Gods than Cletus, Jethro, the single tooth they share between them, and their choice of sexual partners (sis, Sooey, and those who remain sheered).

775182[/snapback]

Nice. Enjoy the season.

My god that white jersey is so much more awful than I could have ever anticipated.  Brutal.  :o

775203[/snapback]

The great thing about the white jersey is that is what we will being seeing the boys wear the most. 20 home games will be in the new blue turd, 20 home games will be in the REAL jersey, and 40 away games all in the white abortion. Good times!