I've got a good feeling about J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

I honestly think we have a diamond in the rough with J.P Losman guys. :D

In this day and age it is rough out there, J.P. has the athletic ability, The arm strength , the smarts , and the right work ethic to truly be something special.

Put all the speed and weapons at his disposal on the Bill's Offensive side of the

ball, and the Bill's could be awful nasty to opposing defenses this year. :doh:

Can we beat New England this weekend? I think it's possible and the game will be much closer than the point spread indicates. :P

Bufallo 31 New England 24 :lol:

If nothing else, J.P. deserves one more year to prove himself. His two major issues were getting the ball on target and avoding sacks. I think he has improve on both fronts this offseason. I think he has faith in his skills without being cocky, an issue you will remember he had coming out of college.

If they use his running skills the right way, the Pats will have major issues.

If nothing else, J.P. deserves one more year to prove himself. His two major issues were getting the ball on target and avoding sacks. I think he has improve on both fronts this offseason. I think he has faith in his skills without being cocky, an issue you will remember he had coming out of college.

If they use his running skills the right way, the Pats will have major issues.

764996[/snapback]

I think it should be more along the lines of he needs to play this full year. AND THEN prove himself in 2007. Then the jury will be out on JPL.

He still needs help from his OL, the comitment by the coaches to the running-game and for the Defense to play solid.....

With these comes confidence and with that the ability to complete a play.

765182[/snapback]

JP needs to be able to put touch on his some of his passes, instead of always hurling fastballs. Also, he needs to act like a professional in the huddle AND on the sidelines.

As much as I agree with your list of needs, I think mine are just as important.

We are on the same page. I say give him the rest of his life if need be to prove that he can lead us to victory.

Hey, we have some cap space....why not extend him now to a 7 or 8 year deal for Manning money?

765619[/snapback]

Nice insight.

In 2004 the kid threw 5 passes. Last year he played in 8 games (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't see how any qb, other than Rothlesberger could be considered a true franchise savior with out the time under his belt. Last year regardless, IF Mularkey and Donahoe wanted to save face by playing noodle arm they should've stuck with JPL (for developmental reasons). But, yeah you're right he should be paid "Manning money" for 10 years or whatever.

Nice insight.

765621[/snapback]

My real point is simple. Neither of us can set a time table on how long a leash JP should be given.

So far, when it counts, he has been nothing short of a complete flop. Paint it any way you want; blame whomever you choose, but it is true. An utter flop who cost us a 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks.

That said, he finally won the job, and this is a not good, but a great thing!!!

As the season plays on, I will not totally judge JP by the wins/losses. To do so would be unfair. I want to see some composure, maturity, and professionalism. We both already know that he has the God given tools.

Otoh, I am not, as a Bills Fan, willing to hand him a blank check, nor a pass of sorts. JP needs to come out NOW and do his job. He needs to prove himself to the fans and most of all, his fellow Bills players.

I really am as excited as you to see how well he can play, but I do feel entitled as a Bills Fan to the things that I listed above. :doh:

My real point is simple. Neither of us can set a time table on how long a leash JP should be given.

So far, when it counts, he has been nothing short of a complete flop. Paint it any way you want; blame whomever you choose, but it is true. An utter flop who cost us a 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks.

That said, he finally won the job, and this is a not good, but a great thing!!!

As the season plays on, I will not totally judge JP by the wins/losses. To do so would be unfair. I want to see some composure, maturity, and professionalism. We both already know that he has the God given tools.

Otoh, I am not, as a Bills Fan, willing to hand him a blank check, nor a pass of sorts. JP needs to come out NOW and do his job. He needs to prove himself to the fans and most of all, his fellow Bills players.

I really am as excited as you to see how well he can play, but I do feel entitled as a Bills Fan to the things that I listed above.  :P

765629[/snapback]

Alright then... :doh:

JP needs to be able to put touch on his some of his passes, instead of always hurling fastballs. Also, he needs to act like a professional in the huddle AND on the sidelines.

As much as I agree with your list of needs, I think mine are just as important.

765609[/snapback]

Yeah, your list is important. I've heard that JP likes to tell fart jokes in the huddle. How unprofessional can you get?

All indications are he's preparing well, taking to coaching well, and responding to every challenge. I've not seen anything from any of the other QBs that would indicate we're in better hands with anyone other than JP.

And the vital, vital component here seems to be something we FINALLY have after years of dreadful play-calling: an offensive coordinator who calls smart plays and will maximize the potential of his personnel -- not someone with a system that calls for no adjustments whatsoever.

I honestly think we have a diamond in the rough with J.P Losman guys.  :P

In this day and age it is rough out there,  J.P. has the athletic ability, The arm strength ,  the smarts , and the right work ethic to truly be something special.

Put all the speed  and weapons at his disposal  on the Bill's Offensive side of the

ball, and the Bill's could be awful nasty to opposing defenses this year. :doh:

Can we beat New England this weekend? I think it's possible and the game will be much closer than the point spread indicates.  :P

Bufallo  31  New England 24  :P

764986[/snapback]

Definately

Guest dog14787
Yeah, your list is important.  I've heard that JP likes to tell fart jokes in the huddle.  How unprofessional can you get?

765648[/snapback]

Heard of it done alot before going into battle, ( joking a bit ) relax your men, put them in the right frame of mind. After all, it is a game isn't it , to have fun. :P

I'm sure he's seriuos when he put's his blood and guts are on the line, like when he takes off with the ball, i'm sure the men around him are to. :doh:

An utter flop who cost us a 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks.

Ok, maybe it's just me but it drives me nuts when people say JP cost us a 1st, 2nd and 5th round pick. Let's do the math...

We gave up the next years 1st round for a later round 1st round that year. Kind of a wash. We really only gave up 2 picks, because we got a pick with J.P.

Ok, rant over:)