I just don't get it

PJBrown

I know this has been discussed in depth but the more rankings, etc. that I see has me to believe that many "experts" OUTSIDE buffalo have either a) No clue about this team in 2006...saw no games, etc. b) hate the Bills/WNY or c) are just bad at what they do...for what it's worth I am guessing a combo of all 3.......

-We have a 1200 yard back returning who is motivated and may even play on 3rd down

- Losman looks like a young gun who has learned the game in his 3rd year..yes, 3rd year....listening to many of these bozo's you'd think we drafted John Blutarski from Faber College

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

-experienced coaches...no more learning on the job

We have talent! Our line has been upgraded. The players actually seem to respect our coaches. We have a decent schedule.

The games start this week and anything can happen. Not saying we are going to the superbowl, but I suspect that the Bills will be news this year as a "surprise" team.

The players seem confident so why can't we? Hey media....F YOU!

I know this has been discussed in depth but the more rankings, etc. that I see has me to believe that many "experts" OUTSIDE buffalo have either a) No clue about this team in 2006...saw no games, etc. b) hate the Bills/WNY or c) are just bad at what they do...for what it's worth I am guessing a combo of all 3.......

-We have a 1200 yard back returning who is motivated and may even play on 3rd down

- Losman looks like a young gun who has learned the game in his 3rd year..yes, 3rd year....listening to many of these bozo's you'd think we drafted John Blutarski from Faber College

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

We have talent! Our line has been upgraded. The players actually seem to respect our coaches. We have a decent schedule.

The games start this week and anything can happen. Not saying we are going to the superbowl, but I suspect that the Bills will be news this year as a "surprise" team.

764144[/snapback]

Giving a damn about the words of every wanker who owns a typewriter between here and Idaho can be infuriating, which is why I don't pay much attention to it. We'll see what we have at 1 PM Sunday and so will everyone else. To make distant conclusions using insufficient data, and then publish it takes more fortitude than I have. I like our chances, don't much care if Ned Rogers for the Junction City Bugel thinks we're the worst team in football.

Giving a damn about the words of every wanker who owns a typewriter between here and Idaho can be infuriating, which is why I don't pay much attention to it.  We'll see what we have at 1 PM Sunday and so will everyone else.  To make distant conclusions using insufficient data, and then publish it takes more fortitude than I have.  I like our chances, don't much care if Ned Rogers for the Junction City Bugel thinks we're the worst team in football.

764178[/snapback]

Yes! I agree with you 1000%.

I do want to see these guys eat their words though. Not that I give a crap about their opinions, rather it will be free entertainment for me.

764144[/snapback]

Oh, I get it alright. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. It's because sports media in general is full of regurgitation. They latch on to what a few predict early (or they just take last year's end result) and that's what they spew.

Apparenetly that has infected a lot of folks here on this board.

The way I look at it? Want your team to do well, I think you ought to demand it of them and expect it from them. My expectations are a little higher for this team this year. In an arlier post I predicted 10-6. Here's my reply to those who laugh at that:

Why the F*** not?

who cares if I'm wrong....won't be the first time, nor the last.

If you expect mediocrity, how the hell do you think your team is going to feel?

If I were a Bill, I sure as heck would want more support than that from my fan base.

They are going up against our worst rival right now, and I hope they don't carry the same amount of confidence that the masses here have.

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

764144[/snapback]

I don't get it either. Each and every sportscaster/sportswriter should think that we are great. If they don't, they suck.

What strikes me as especially odd is how they can look at our offense and think that it has quite a few serious question marks. :P

Thank God the season is starting.

While I like all your positive points, there are a few unknowns that makes me nervous...

1. Will the OL come together and open holes for the running game. The running game sets up the tempo for the passing game.

2. Will the front 4 on the defense be able to stop the run.

Considering that these two are big question marks, I cannot judge what the bills skills players can achieve.

I can't believe that the media can't see with a defense (last in the league in third stops last year and horrible against the run) and an offense (pathetic in the redzone) isn't picking us to be a powerhouse! Not to mention an offensive line that must bring tears to opponents defensive coordinators (are those tears from laughing so hard ??).

What exactly has been done to ignite the media into picking them to be anything but subpar. I'm not saying the coaching isn't upgraded but Jauron's Bears had a very simplistic offense (Hopefully with better talent he won't be so vanilla).

The DT'S are unproven and the OL can't be a source of confidence for anyone. I'm just thankful the season is starting so we can see if we have a QB, a defense that can stop a third down and some toughness in the OL. But for anyone to expect the national media to get excited about the Bills due to their moves in the off season....(wow Tutan Reyes, and Melvin Fowler )is simply living in a state of unreality.

Let the games begin !!!!

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

764144[/snapback]

Yes, you have exposed the secret agenda of the nationa Media. The all hate the Bills and Western New York. Every day, instead of taking an objective look at the less than average talent on this team and writing informed articles, they instead spew forth lies about the Bills in their never-ending attempt to discredit our football team, fans and home. Each day, in meeting rooms throughout the country, the moguls of media meet to discuss what fresh batch of mis-information will be released each day.

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

764144[/snapback]

The ones that have nationwide audience are showmen. Most of them- not all - are not football analysts or writers. They are "personalities".

FWIW, the local beat writer here in cincy who has no axe to grind either way, has a wait-and-see opinion about the Bills. Which is correct, and likely the same with beat writers and local tv/radio media around the country.

-speed at wideout

-TKO back

764144[/snapback]

Maybe ... just maybe ..... we really do suck. Now as a Bills fan I'm not willing to concede that point just quite yet, but put yourself in the shoes of the three or four non-Bills fans in the country.

We Bills fans say ..... we have a 1200 yard back returning who is motivated, and may even play on 3rd down this year.

Non-Bills fans say .... we have a running back who's best days so far was in college ....... since his injury, he hasn't shown the edge rushing speed .... since he's been in the NFL his ability (or willingness) to hit the hole quickly has been spotty ...... who has a much better opinion of himself than his stats bear out.

We as Bills fans say ........ Losman looks like a young gun who has learned the game in his 3rd year..yes, 3rd year.

Non-Bills fans say ...... Losman is in his third year and still has not shown any consistancy with his accuracy ...... has yet to show team "generalship" during a real game ..... has yet to show a maturity level required to cope with the ups and downs of a season.

We as Bills fans say ....... we have speed at wide out

Non -Bills fans say ...... we've traded our experianced #1 reciever, and replaced him with someone who has not yet proven he can compete while being double covered, and our #2 reciever was a Bills cast off who has since bombed out in Atlanta and Dallas.

We Bills fans say ...... TKO is back

Non-Bills fans say ..... TKO is recovering from a bad BAD injury ...... many LBs never recover 100% ......... and bring up Sam Cowerts name

We Bills fans say ........ experienced coaches...no more learning on the job

Non-Bills fans say ......... the coaches are new ..... so is the system ..... and there is no guarantee that a "new coach" is a better coach ....... (wasn't he fired from his last job because he sucked?)

You get the picture ........... why would the national "experts" be expected to research each and every team in the NFL .......... when to some, the outcome is so darn obvious.

In reality, if an expert predicts a record of 5-10, and we go 7-9 .... or even 8-8, who in the heck (except us Bills fans will notice).