Holcomb wins the #2 Qb spot!

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#090706

Holcomb No. 2: Dick Jauron announced today that Kelly Holcomb will be the number two quarterback this week when the Bills take on the Patriots. It is not immediately known if Jauron will make his decisions week by week or if Holcomb has won the number two job for the foreseeable future.

I'm surprised. I thought Nall would be #2.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#090706

Holcomb No. 2: Dick Jauron announced today that Kelly Holcomb will be the number two quarterback this week when the Bills take on the Patriots. It is not immediately known if Jauron will make his decisions week by week or if Holcomb has won the number two job for the foreseeable future.

I'm surprised.  I thought Nall would be #2.

764056[/snapback]

Nice!

I love paying upwards of a million dollars in bonuses alone for someone who won't sniff the field :P

do you think that, by making him #2, that it increases his trade value to Indy?

764097[/snapback]

That would be about the only reason to have him at #2 IMO. Nall has the hunger right now and limiting his snaps/participation in practice isn't going to help anyone. Holcomb just doesn't seem to have it anymore and he's also nearing retirement age (nothing against the man but it's near the same situation as Troy Vincent, it's just getting to be time to move on)

Nall was given a very decent amount of money to be #3?

Was Jauron quoted as saying that Holcomb played well in the last 2 preseason games? If I'm not mistaken Holcomb didn't take 1 snap in the 3rd game.

That would be about the only reason to have him at #2 IMO. .

764248[/snapback]

Another would be that he is more ready and able to do the immediate backup job.

It would be interesting to see who they would turn to should J. P. be injured for a long stretch.

HORRIFYING but interesting.

Another would be that he is more ready and able to do the immediate backup job.

It would be interesting to see who they would turn to should J. P. be injured for a long stretch.

HORRIFYING but interesting.

764270[/snapback]

I'll go with that, maybe Holcomb is more ready now. I didn't think Nall looked that awful during the PS however.