Genny Cream

nick in* england

Nah.

A real college student like myself drinks Natty Ice.  More alcohol!

Or Steel Reserve!

764227[/snapback]

Don't discourage another fellow's cheap drinking. Even if the choice is not the top amount of ethanol for the buck, it's only a few cans behind, and the satisfying belch still is there.

I feel that a cheap beer jag is one of life's great pleasures.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should point out that PBR and Stroh's are actually very good beers. They just don't advertise the crap out of them. Consumer Reports had a panel of beer experts do a tasting of American beers and it was Stroh's - #1, Michelob - #2, and Pabst Blue Ribbon #3!

Genny Cream Ale was rated just ahead of battery acid, but behind Listerine.

PTR

I should point out that PBR and Stroh's are actually very good beers.  They just don't advertise the crap out of them.  Consumer Reports had a panel of beer experts do a tasting of American beers and it was Stroh's - #1, Michelob - #2, and Pabst Blue Ribbon #3!

Genny Cream Ale was rated just ahead of battery acid, but behind Listerine.

PTR

764342[/snapback]

We had a keg of PBR last Friday night at my buddy's house for his house warming party. I didn't think it was too bad. At least not for the beer bong or a couple games of beer pong.

Nah.

A real college student like myself drinks Natty Ice.  More alcohol!

Or Steel Reserve!

764227[/snapback]

I have had plenty of both. And i will tell you a little thing that i noted to myself. "Do not buy or drink Natural Ice, no matter what the trade off".

The truth be told, the best beer for quality and price is probably Busch. Goes down easy in a beer funnel, and doesn't lose its flavor, so you can drink your open one from the night before to get over your hangover. Minimal Shitting as well.

Straight Beer: Busch or High Life. (If there is something else, !@#$ it, I'LL DRINK IT)

Malt Liquor: Big Bear, Olde English, Steel Reserve. (St. Ides comes in close)

Liquor: Jack Daniels (No kitty mixing), Irish Mist, or Cuddy Shark. (Any Whiskey)

Wine: Just kidding, what college male drinks wine? Almost as queer as Wine Coolers.

Speaking of alcohol, does anyone know where to get one of those personal breathalizers? Any information that would reveal where i could get one would be great.

You have to remember that with books like those, they rate the beer to style, not an overall impression compared to beers from other styles. Genny Cream is considered prototypical for the style.

764119[/snapback]

In my experience, Cream Ale (when done right) is actually pretty good. Sam Choy's (Honolulu) does a pretty good one and Terrapin (very good...Atlanta) has rebranded their's as a Golden Ale. I've never had Genny outside of Cazenovia Park and that was years ago, so I can't speak to its ranking among Cream Ales.

My Dad gave up Scream Ale for Coors Light. That in a nutshell, tells you all you need to know.

Oh come on. Everybody knows that OE is what the homies drink.

764164[/snapback]

St. Ides Malt Liquor - that's where it's at.

I remember Diane Sawyer once doing a story on how certan products were marketed in inner cities and she's sitting with some old uptight white exec from the company that makes St. Ides. She shows him a commercial with Easy-E (RIP) busting out of the back of a van doing a gangsta rap that says, "St. Ides malt Liquor, gets your woman in the mood quicker, Gets your Jimmy thicker". She then proceeds to ask the exec what message the commercial is trying to send and asks him, "What does get your Jimmy thicker mean"? Dude turns white as a ghost, stars sweating, starts tripping over his words and tries to say that he doesn't know what that means but the folks in marketing told him it was street slang and would help sell the product. Damn that was funny.

I have had plenty of both. And i will tell you a little thing that i noted to myself. "Do not buy or drink Natural Ice, no matter what the trade off".

The truth be told, the best beer for quality and price is probably Busch. Goes down easy in a beer funnel, and doesn't lose its flavor, so you can drink your open one from the night before to get over your hangover. Minimal Shitting as well.

Straight Beer: Busch or High Life. (If there is something else, !@#$ it, I'LL DRINK IT)

Malt Liquor: Big Bear, Olde English, Steel Reserve. (St. Ides comes in close)

Liquor: Jack Daniels (No kitty mixing), Irish Mist, or Cuddy Shark. (Any Whiskey)

Wine: Just kidding, what college male drinks wine? Almost as queer as Wine Coolers.

Speaking of alcohol, does anyone know where to get one of those personal breathalizers? Any information that would reveal where i could get one would be great.

764805[/snapback]

The best cheap liquor is Kentucky Deluxe. Seriously.

Its 14 bucks for a handle of it, plastic bottle and all.

My one friend who only drank dickel was out of whiskey and was forced to try it once. After he did, he always drank KD, because he actually liked the taste better.

KD rocks.

The best cheap liquor is Kentucky Deluxe.  Seriously.

Its 14 bucks for a handle of it, plastic bottle and all.

My one friend who only drank dickel was out of whiskey and was forced to try it once.  After he did, he always drank KD, because he actually liked the taste better.

KD rocks.

765149[/snapback]

Don't know if they have KD here, but Evan Williams works just fine. If you squint your eyes the bottle even looks like Jack Daniels.

No. I recommend regular Genesee beer.  I am a bottom dweller who drinks Milwaukee Best Ice (5.9% alcohol content, $8.99 US for 24 cans).

763997[/snapback]

That was one of my staples when I was close to homeless and flat-broke. A good buzz value (I think it was $7 for a case where I was). Steel Reserve was another favorite (8% or so). 22 ozs for 99 cents.

By the way, Nick, Genny (Cream or otherwise) sucks.