:fyou: Travis Henry

On third-and-2 from the Patriots 16, running back Travis Henry was untouched when he fell face-first at the line of scrimmage for a 1-yard loss.

On fourth-down, the Bills called for Bledsoe to run a naked bootleg. But the play was blown up before it had a chance to even develop when Bruschi got to Bledsoe and forced the fumble.

Now look - these two plays right here cost us the game. F-uck the other 19 points that the refs screwed us out of. F-uck the fact that our alleged world class DB's can't cover even the area of a postage stamp. F-uck that we have drafted badly lately and we have no #1 next year. F-uck all of that.

Travis Henry - supposed all star running back. Play me or trade me Travis. The f-ucking man needs a lesson in staying on his feet and how to block.

Take the Iggles game on Sunday. Brian Westbrook - the man they all doubted could be a #1 RB. He runs hard and block harder - he was putting LB's on their ass consitently... Good technique too. He was gettign the chip blocks done, the stand 'em up blocks done, the run fake and blocks done.

Travis Henry has been my biggest disappointment this year and for the last part of last year. There are more Travis apologists here that Drew apologists - and while Drew looks like the goat - just one tiny look at the flim tells you he played a decent game given the tools at his disposal.

The first thing we need to do to kick start our offence is bench Travis Henry. McGahee may not get the real deal yet - but I for one am sick of Travis and his inability to do anything other than run the ball and whine.

Great Post!

MM is setting a bad example to allow Travis Gump to be a starter. He is proving to other players that you do not have to block, catch the football, study the playbook nor concentrate.

We probably could have got a second round pick for his stupid ass before the season. Now, I hope we can trick another team out of a 5th or 6th.

Great Post!

MM is setting a bad example to allow Travis Gump to be a starter. He is proving to other players that you do not have to block, catch the football, study the playbook nor concentrate.

We probably could have got a second round pick for his stupid ass before the season. Now, I hope we can trick another team out of a 5th or 6th.

55209[/snapback]

I told Cindy that I didn't realize he was so little when he was walking to the tunnel before the game.

:lol:

While Henry's face plant into the turf certainly was his fault,  I can't blame him for the fourth down play.  Calling a play where the QB must turn his back to the LOS is a recipe for disaster in that situation.

55208[/snapback]

Granted. The play call was not the greatest - but it woulda been slightly better if Travis got even a little bit of Bruschi...

I want to bump my Travis irritation

55345[/snapback]

At one point he was averaging over 6 yards a carry. You guys are amazing.

The stumble was all on him, but so was that entire drive.

I can't wait unitl Willis plays so we will have a new whipping boy. Jesus this team has nothing but complainers for fans.

How about looking the D who has failed to stop anyone when it really counted. Talk to me about what you see on the defensive side of the ball that gives you any confidence.

The reality is if we go in and score on that drive, the D would have given up points following anyway. No doubt in my mind. Brady had all day to throw the ball whenever he needed time.

Look - Travis CANNOT block. He consistenly screws it up. And don't we have a right to complain after losing 3 ugly games???

55413[/snapback]

Let it rip Nick. Nobody said anything when Henry was complaining with his little "play me or trade me" rant. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk.

Let it rip Nick. Nobody said anything when Henry was complaining with his little "play me or trade me" rant. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk.

55426[/snapback]

Exactly. That boy wanted the world. So we gave it to him and he decides that maybe he'll get 45% of the playbook executed - and leave out the bits he doesn't like - like blocking.

You can't demand to be a #1 and play 95% of the game when in reality you'll come out and play 65% of the game or less. Being a running back is not about blazing past defenders and scoring 60 yards TDs. Someone wants to remind Travis that he's only a great back because he's had guys in front of him doing some blocking. He needs to return the favour.

As TMQ says: 'It's pretty fun to run when every gentleman in front of you has been knocked down."

98 yards...4.1 carry.  Geez...I can think of 21 OTHER players who are more to blame for this record.  And most significantly the COACH and GENERAL MANAGER.  Trade Henry...we don't know what to do with a playoff caliber running back.

55451[/snapback]

His running is NOT the problem and I don't contend that he is a poor player based on is rushing skills. But more critically, he has blown important blocks that have landed Drew in dire trouble.

It's his attitude to blocking that stinks - he'll do it when he can be arsed, not when it is needed. He wanted to be #1 - so play like a #1. Like my example with Westbrook - he was give the chance to shine in the absence of the other RBs in Philly, and he brings his A-game with the rushing, and the catching and the blocking. Can you honestly say Travis is doing the same?

I hear both sides of the argument but I can't help but think that Travis is a big-time player who comes up small when it REALLY counts. I have the same opinion of Bledsoe and Moulds.

I can't wait til the Losman-McGahee-Evans era starts, because at least with them there's the potential for future improvement. The three guys we have now ... what you see is what you get.

I hear both sides of the argument but I can't help but think that Travis is a big-time player who comes up small when it REALLY counts.  I have the same opinion of Bledsoe and Moulds.

I can't wait til the Losman-McGahee-Evans era starts, because at least with them there's the potential for future improvement.  The three guys we have now ... what you see is what you get.

55473[/snapback]

So true - Moulds needs to go come the end of the season. he is in decline - i just hope he goes to the NFC and rekindles his career.

Jennings and Pat Williams are gone at the end of the year and The Keg will be retired soon enough.

We are on the verge of a completely new era in Buffalo Bills football...

I want to interject a little.

Did anyone see that great play by Dillon where he knocked a blitzing Posey on his butt, then slid out and caught the swing pass for a 10 yard gain. That is what we miss. That was a pro level running back showing what is required.

Honestly someone, point to a time in TH career where he ever did that. Most other "playoff" caliber running backs can do that. Look at Dillon, James, Smith, Mccallister, Holmes, even Barber, etc... these guys do this type of play weekin and weekout.

I want to interject a little. 

Did anyone see that great play by Dillon where he knocked a blitzing Posey on his butt, then slid out and caught the swing pass for a 10 yard gain.  That is what we miss.  That was a pro level running back showing what is required. 

Honestly someone, point to a time in TH career where he ever did that.  Most other "playoff" caliber running backs can do that.  Look at Dillon, James, Smith, Mccallister, Holmes, even Barber,  etc...  these guys do this type of play weekin and weekout.

55487[/snapback]

You see - our problem is with the Travis apologists... They need to be enlightened. Maybe we could all take turns to do a 7 step drop back facing a blitz and have travis in to block. That would shut the apologists up - they'd be unable to speak for weeks as the picked themselves and their teeth up off the turf.

His running is NOT the problem and I don't contend that he is a poor player based on is rushing skills. But more critically, he has blown important blocks that have landed Drew in dire trouble.

It's his attitude to blocking that stinks - he'll do it when he can be arsed, not when it is needed. He wanted to be #1 - so play like a #1. Like my example with Westbrook - he was give the chance to shine in the absence of the other RBs in Philly, and he brings his A-game with the rushing, and the catching and the blocking. Can you honestly say Travis is doing the same?

55467[/snapback]

Henry is not a bad blocker, is a great runner, and is not bad at pass catching. We could have had a much better day if we had given him the ball more. We have a line that cannot pass block. We have a qb who cannot scramble and get a pass off. We have receivers who cannot hold onto the ball. We can run block. What should we do? How about RUN the BALL? If you can't do anything else...do what you CAN do. Actually benching him and saving him for next year might not be a bad idea.

Henry is not a bad blocker, is a great runner, and is not bad at pass catching. We could have had a much better day if we had given him the ball more.  We have a line that cannot pass block.  We have a qb who cannot scramble and get a pass off.  We have receivers who cannot hold onto the ball.  We can run block.  What should we do?  How about RUN the BALL?  If you can't do anything else...do what you CAN do. Actually benching him and saving him for next year might not be a bad idea.

55499[/snapback]

Our OL held up quite well... But this is not the 1950's and you cannot run 90% of a game. I believe (somebody find the stats to prove it) that we run more often than we pass anyway - and that's what you are advocating, right? If my instinct is correct, then we are already playing to Travis' skill.

Henry IS a bad blocker. He is an AVERAGE pass catcher. He is a good runner. Drew can't get a pass off on many occasions because Travis is frequently allowing gentlement past him like he's a revolving door not 200+lbs of muscle and football equipment.

While Henry's face plant into the turf certainly was his fault,  I can't blame him for the fourth down play.  Calling a play where the QB must turn his back to the LOS is a recipe for disaster in that situation.

55208[/snapback]

Agreed.

Our OL held up quite well... But this is not the 1950's and you cannot run 90% of a game. I believe (somebody find the stats to prove it) that we run more often than we pass anyway - and that's what you are advocating, right? If my instinct is correct, then we are already playing to Travis' skill.

Henry IS a bad blocker. He is an AVERAGE pass catcher. He is a good runner. Drew can't get a pass off on many occasions because Travis is frequently allowing gentlement past him like he's a revolving door not 200+lbs of muscle and football equipment.

55510[/snapback]

We actually passed more than we ran (about 30 to 24). The OL did not hold up well against the pass. Drew doesn't have what it takes. Go ahead and put McGahee in. He isn't Nick Buoniconti, he's a runner coming off a bad injury. That should solve all our problems and get us into the super bowl.

Henry is not a bad blocker, is a great runner, and is not bad at pass catching. We could have had a much better day if we had given him the ball more.  We have a line that cannot pass block.  We have a qb who cannot scramble and get a pass off.  We have receivers who cannot hold onto the ball.  We can run block.  What should we do?  How about RUN the BALL?  If you can't do anything else...do what you CAN do. Actually benching him and saving him for next year might not be a bad idea.

55499[/snapback]

Tenny, you're right, Travis is not a bad blocker. He is a horrendous blocker, and always has been. I think he is a fine runner, but blocking is part of his job too, and he fails consistanlty in that area. I don't necessarily blame him for the the 4th down play, but I do question the wisdom of calling that play, when you have a running back that is an ineffective blocker, and a quarterback who is mobility challanged. I agree, maybe they should have run the ball a little more, but it wasn't like they had Drew dropping back to pass every play either. They had a decent balance yesterday. In general, I thought the play calling was pretty good, but the execution of the plays was not. It seems like Bills coaching/management have lowered the bar on the character/smarts issue with their players. Marv's teams may not have been the best natural athletes, but aside from the occaisional Bruce Smith offsides call, they rarely took the stupid quality of penalties that seem a given for this team. Anyone know if McGahee is supposed to be a good blocker?

We actually passed more than we ran (about 30 to 24).  The OL did not hold up well against the pass.  Drew doesn't have what it takes.  Go ahead and put McGahee in.  He isn't Nick Buoniconti, he's a runner coming off a bad injury.  That should solve all our problems and get us into the super bowl.

55536[/snapback]

The stats say 30 pass plays to 26, which means we were running more than passing until the game was out of reach.

The OL played pretty well, again until the game was out of reach. Drew played pretty well, until the game was out of reach.

The game was out of reach because Henry screwed up on 3rd AND 4th down. The 3rd down play is disturbing because it's the second week in a row he slipped on a key play. The 4th down play demonstrated that either he loses focus when he's not running the ball or he's simply a mental midget.

Either way, he's playing the Bills out a 1st round pick for him :lol:

Bad teams find ways to lose and that is EXACTLY what we are doing. We suck in those 5-6 key plays that define a game on offense AND defense.

55510[/snapback]

I agree completely, except.......Henry is a good runner on first and second downs, it's' the 3rd and short, where he is a sh## runner!!