10-6: wildcard

Anybody who thinks they are both athletically superior to Odomes must have been eight years old when Odomes was drafted !!(Sorry. looked at your bio). Odomes was terrific and made great plays and was just as fast as either one of those guys. He also showed up every game. Clements is a great athlete but Odomes was a great football player. As for being surprised at the improvement in the O-line ...It can't help but be better. But that still leaves room for a word to describe them  HORRIBLE. Peters may turn out wonderful but you still have four other spots manned by, let's face it, guys that other teams didn't want to keep around.

To be satisfied with mediocrity is to have already lost.

If this doesn't translate to better play on the field then what's the point. A lot of teams are implementing new systems year after year.

I actually hope you are100% right but I just don't see it.

761119[/snapback]

Odomes was a good corner no doubt. But Terrance Mcgee is a gamebreaker. As a kick returner, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have. Dante Hall has nothing on Mcgee. As a corner, he is an up and comer and hasn't reached his prime yet. He'll be booking many flights to Honolulu in the future. For evidence of this all you need look at is the Cinci game last year. Mcgee practically won the game by himself. There are very few players in the league that have that kind of gamebreaking ability. Oh, and Nate is good, but he's not one of them (well in his own mind hes is)

Odomes was a good corner no doubt.  But Terrance Mcgee is a gamebreaker.  As a kick returner, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have.  Dante Hall has nothing on Mcgee.  As a corner, he is an up and comer and hasn't reached his prime yet.  He'll be booking many flights to Honolulu in the future.  For evidence of this all you need look at is the Cinci game last year.  Mcgee practically won the game by himself.  There are very few players in the league that have that kind of gamebreaking ability.  Oh, and Nate is good, but he's not one of them (well in his own mind hes is)

761135[/snapback]

Don't disagree with you about Clements or McGee. I was only considering CB play when comparing them. McGee is terrific and a valuable commodity. He just isn't the corner (yet) that Odomes was.

Anybody who thinks they are both athletically superior to Odomes must have been eight years old when Odomes was drafted !!(Sorry. looked at your bio). Odomes was terrific and made great plays and was just as fast as either one of those guys. He also showed up every game. Clements is a great athlete but Odomes was a great football player.

761119[/snapback]

In 9 seasons Nate Odomes had 26 INTs for 224 yards (1 td return), 3 FR and 3 Sacks.

In FIVE seasons, Clements has 20 INT for 264 Yds (4 returned for TD, 11 Fumbles fourced, 4 recovered Fumbles, 1.5 sacks...not to mention 2 PR for TDs.

Not to mention Nate is a much better tackler and far more physical than Nate Odomes ever was.

But don't let the facts stand in your way when you're making an argument or anything. :w00t: Odomes did great things for the Bills and was a memeber of the super bowl teams with far greater talent around him. Clements has been one of the best players on some miserable Bills teams, but if I had to chose between them, I'd tkae Clements any day of the week.

Oh, and McGee in just 3 seasons already has 9 picks, 1TD return (4 ST TDs)...if his numbers continue to improve each season as they have been, he's going to surpass Odomes sooner than you think.

In 9 seasons Nate Odomes had 26 INTs for 224 yards (1 td return), 3 FR and 3 Sacks.

In FIVE seasons, Clements has 20 INT for 264 Yds (4 returned for TD, 11 Fumbles fourced, 4 recovered Fumbles, 1.5 sacks...not to mention 2 PR for TDs.

Not to mention Nate is a much better tackler and far more physical than Nate Odomes ever was. 

But don't let the facts stand in your way when you're making an argument or anything.  :w00t: Odomes did great things for the Bills and was a memeber of the super bowl teams with far greater talent around him. Clements has been one of the best players on some miserable Bills teams, but if I had to chose between them, I'd tkae Clements any day of the week.

Oh, and McGee in just 3 seasons already has 9 picks, 1TD return (4 ST TDs)...if his numbers continue to improve each season as they have been, he's going to surpass Odomes sooner than you think.

761208[/snapback]

Odoms also had some pressure put on the QB by a guy that went by the name of bruce smith

761208[/snapback]

Not to mention those of us who are old enough to remember the Bills from before 1990, in my case 1983, know that Odomes's nickname was "toast". He was burned a ton - because he took chances on jumping routes - hence the high int stats. The part that's missing here is how many times he got burned for big scores/yds. Please tell me you remember his nickname before you start talking about Odomes being better than Clements, or McGee for that matter.

What is the betting line on the Bills reaching the playoffs? I want in!

How about the line on them winning it all?

(I want the last laugh!)

My main reason for optimism is that Losman is sooooo much better than the national--or local--media are giving him credit for. He will be our quaterback for a decade if he stays healthy. And how nice is it NOT to have an old, worn out loserl like Bledsoe now, who looks oh so good against crap defenses--and ALWAYS falls apart against good one?

Okay, can someone please tell me what 'CW' stands for?

764766[/snapback]

For the longest time I had wondered just what " Country and Western " had against the Buffalo Bills.

In a private communique from the special commitee that assembles Mister Defence's posts, I have been assured that CW refers to COMMON WISDOM or in some jurisdictions, COLLECTIVE WISDOM.

I'm thinking 8-8. I'll be happy with that, too...IF it is the right kind of 8-8. You know, showing progress, looking better in the second half of the year, beating the teams in our Division at least once, etc.

But, when I do the game-by-game picks, I come up with 10-6, too. These glasses didn't seem that rose-colored.