10-6: wildcard

I know it goes against the CW, but I think their offensive line is underrated-a cohesive unit that is well coached, and they have three quality players at WR, RB, and QB. Losman looks good, will be good, better than Big Ben.

Their defense is well coached with a good secondary, very good linebackers, and young, hungry, well coached lineman who will get better with each game.

Great special teams--best punter in the league.

Marv Levy is making all of the right moves, molding a yonger, hungrier, more disciplined and well coached team.

10-6

I know it goes against the CW, but I think their offensive line is underrated-a cohesive unit that is well coached, and they have three quality players at WR, RB, and QB. Losman looks good, will be good, better than Big Ben.

Their defense is well coached with a good secondary, very good linebackers, and young, hungry, well coached lineman who will get better with each game.

Marv Levy is making all of the right moves, molding a yonger, hungrier, more disciplined and well coached team.

10-6

I know it goes against the CW, but I think their offensive line is underrated-a cohesive unit that is well coached, and they have three quality players at WR, RB, and QB.  Losman looks good, will be good, better than Big Ben.

10-6 

760985[/snapback]

It would be nice but......

Our offensive line is not very good

RB is still a question mark living off his college highlights

JP has tons to learn

WR's are very iffy - Evans is the only decent one and he's never been the #1

Our LB's are old and coming off a major injury (Spikes) ,No depth with our LB's

CB's are nothing more than average

DL is below average if you ask me, Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay?

I don't even know the name of our D cordinator?

Special teams were good last season, have to wait and see this year.

Punter will get lots of action on the 3 and outs this year.

3-13 :w00t:

I think 10-6 is very optimistic, but I appreciate the optimism. This team is young, has flaws, and has uncertainty in some places, but it has lots of talent, and overachieving by JP and the O-Line could go a long long way to causing this team to exceed the expectations. This team could finish 6-10 or 10-6. I think a more likely outcome is in the middle, and can be a good building year. But until we've lost our seventh game, I think 10-6 is a nice target for any Bills fan (please no 16-0 jokes here, I'm somewhat serious).

Let's go beat New England (Holcomb was one play away from it last year, and the Bills are better and the Pats weaker, so why not?), and then we can try to go 9-6 the rest of the way.

Bills)I completely understand the optimism. except that .....

1.) WE don't put much pressure on the QB

2.) We are five Offensive linemen away from being able to protect the QB.

3.) We don't give W. McGahee a fighting chance to break tackles without a hole to run through (See #2).

4.) When D. Jauron was with the Bears, the offense had no imagination and was very predictable.

5.) Our best player .. T. Spikes is coming off a bad injury.

6.) We cut G. Jerman... JK.

If we had one area of strength, other than special teams I would be much more excited about the coming season. I just don't see the outstanding talent that it takes to be a top-notch team. We have come to expect mediocrity in our lines. Leon Seals (1990 Bills DE) would be a star on this team. Where has Will Wolford and Howard Ballard and Jim Ritcher gone ? Our OL is pathetic !! T. McGee and N. Clements couldn't hold N. Odomes jockstrap.

The only real optimism is with Lee Evans who, IMHO, could be just as good as another #83, of years gone by. I know I'm just an old foggie (46) but the goal should be to win the Superbowl and I just don't get the feeling this team has what it takes to get it done now (obviously) or in the future. Our players, with some exceptions (T. McGee, A. Schobel) don't seem to develop. So we either are bringing in, consistently less than average players, or... the more likely choice, we consistently have less than average coaching.

I thin six wins would be about right and eight wins would be a pleasant surprise. Anything above that would be incredible.

Bills)

I thin six wins would be about right and eight wins would be a pleasant surprise. Anything above that would be incredible.

761075[/snapback]

You are CW. Death to CW. Long live 10 and 6.

T. McGee and N. Clements couldn't hold N. Odomes jockstrap.

761075[/snapback]

Athletically, both Nate and Terrance blow Odomes out of the water. Give McGee some time, he's going to be a good one. Clements is already better than Odomes.

As for lineman, I think you're going to be surprised this year by the line, Peters especially. He has the talent to become every bit the player Wolford was. Will he get there? Too early to tell. But the potential is certianly there.

The Bills are going to surprise some people this year. Both in the NFL and on this board. They are more talented than people seem to think. This team HAS improved from last year by leaps and bounds. How it will all translate on the field with a new system is still to be determined.

Bills)I completely understand the optimism. except that .....

1.)  WE don't put much pressure on the QB

2.)  We are five Offensive linemen away from being able to protect the QB.

3.)  We don't give W. McGahee a fighting chance to break tackles without a hole to run through (See #2).

4.) When D. Jauron was with the Bears, the offense had no imagination and was very predictable.

5.) Our best player .. T. Spikes is coming off a bad injury.

6.) We cut G. Jerman... JK.

If we had one area of strength, other than special teams I would be much more excited about the coming season. I just don't see the outstanding talent that it takes to be a top-notch team. We have come to expect mediocrity in our lines. Leon Seals (1990 Bills DE) would be a star on this team. Where has Will Wolford and Howard Ballard and Jim Ritcher gone ? Our OL is pathetic !! T. McGee and N. Clements couldn't hold N. Odomes jockstrap.

The only real optimism is with Lee Evans who, IMHO, could be just as good as another #83, of years gone by. I know I'm just an old foggie (46) but the goal should be to win the Superbowl and I just don't get the feeling this team has what it takes to get it done now (obviously) or in the future. Our players, with some exceptions (T. McGee, A. Schobel) don't seem to develop. So we either are bringing in, consistently less than average players, or... the more likely choice, we consistently have less than average coaching.

761075[/snapback]

Sorry to agree with you. I could add several more areas of deficiency, but what's the point.

As you know, only blind optimism is accepted here. Naysayers, however accurate they may be, are not appreciated.

The bar has been lowered for so many years some people have come to accept mediocrity as acceptable. I don't.

I am hoping for the best, but I can't let my heart make decisions for my brain.

Athletically, both Nate and Terrance blow Odomes out of the water. Give McGee some time, he's going to be a good one. Clements is already better than Odomes.

As for lineman, I think you're going to be surprised this year by the line, Peters especially. He has the talent to become every bit the player Wolford was. Will he get there? Too early to tell. But the potential is certianly there.

The Bills are going to surprise some people this year. Both in the NFL and on this board. They are more talented than people seem to think. This team HAS improved from last year by leaps and bounds. How it will all translate on the field with a new system is still to be determined.

761101[/snapback]

Anybody who thinks they are both athletically superior to Odomes must have been eight years old when Odomes was drafted !!(Sorry. looked at your bio). Odomes was terrific and made great plays and was just as fast as either one of those guys. He also showed up every game. Clements is a great athlete but Odomes was a great football player. As for being surprised at the improvement in the O-line ...It can't help but be better. But that still leaves room for a word to describe them HORRIBLE. Peters may turn out wonderful but you still have four other spots manned by, let's face it, guys that other teams didn't want to keep around.

To be satisfied with mediocrity is to have already lost.

If this doesn't translate to better play on the field then what's the point. A lot of teams are implementing new systems year after year.

I actually hope you are100% right but I just don't see it.