Notre Dame stock is dropping ... fast

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.  You had alot more faith than I did.  I loved the call at the end to go on 4th and one.  Much rather win it with my strength than take the chance on losing it with my weakness.

760296[/snapback]

It was the smart call to make.

They got just what they wanted: they put the MLB on the spot. He couldn't "sell out" against the run, just in case Quinn threw it, which is why the sneak was so easy for them. Good call by Weis.

Hope ND's ready for a loss next week. You heard it here first. They dont' scare me one bit.

760297[/snapback]

I missed the PSU game to see how they looked offensively. Also, I'm wondering how a green secondary will do against "that school" and their passing game. If they hold up, we're in business.

I missed the PSU game to see how they looked offensively.  Also, I'm wondering how a green secondary will do against "that school" and their passing game.  If they hold up, we're in business.

760300[/snapback]

They looked polished. Penn State, unlike "them", is under-rated.

760302[/snapback]

Yeah. It wasn't on the ESPN Game Plan for this week. Dammit.

I also missed the WVU game (which was on the Game Plan, but my lazy a** forgot to tivo it), as I really wanted to get a good look @ them. Apparently, they're off to a great start.

I missed the PSU game to see how they looked offensively.  Also, I'm wondering how a green secondary will do against "that school" and their passing game.  If they hold up, we're in business.

760300[/snapback]

I'll be keepin' an eye on Paul Posluszny - love to see him in a Bills' uniform.

760302[/snapback]

They looked polished? They beat freakin' AKRON. At home. In a game they LOST the time of possession battle by FIFTEEN minutes and didn't even have 300 yards of offense.

Nice to see optimism from you, though. Akron. Polished. Next you'll be telling me their non-conference schedule is the toughest in the nation. :wub:

Everybody said ND's weak spot was on defense. After last night, that should be put to rest. On offense, GT D blitzed on just about every play, ND will get their offense in gear at home. Penn State beat Akron and didn't look that good doing it. ND in their home opener will play much better on offense. Should be a great game. I don't see Penn State pulling the upset.

On another note, is it just me or did the College Football schedule makers load up with some seriously great games early? Tommorrow is Miami-Florida-State, next week is Penn State-ND and Ohio State-Texas and then on September 16th the matchups are insane. Michigan-ND, LSU-Auburn, Clemson-Florida State, USC-Nebraska and Florida-Tennessee. I just love football weekends.

760300[/snapback]

Rich, from what i saw of the game as we were flipping channels, PSU looked like a team that lost some players and was playing their first game of the season in bad weather. They werent bad, but not great either. Watching the holder fall flat on his face during the fake FG attempt was hilarious tho.

And are we going to have to deal with the weis-quinn ball washing all season? it got old already when they were blowing him for simply completing a pass.

Although ND didnt look like the #2 team in the nation last night- to leave with a win is all that matters. When you lose in week one in college ball you can almost kiss the national championship goodbye. So a road win in front of a nationally televised game and charges up Yellow Jacket crowd is great. Learn from that game and move on to week two. It could have been much different today for the Irish had they not come back with those two important TD drives.

Undefeated and Penn State next.

I suppose it would have been better if they set up some cupcake at home and run up the score on them. Then they'd truly prove what a great team they have. I like the fact that they started the season against a decent highly motivated team on the road.