Coach Chuck Dickerson

Actually I didn't. Listened long enough to change the station.

:w00t:

760163[/snapback]

So in the few minutes you listened, you formed the opinion that you did not like the radio host, the listeners, and the callers and they all suck.

I sure hope you are not a judge, police officer, or anyone who can dictate someone's life with that short of a judgement period.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the few minutes you listened, you formed the opinion that you did not like the radio host, the listeners, and the callers and they all suck.

I sure hope you are not a judge, police officer, or anyone who can dictate someone's life with that short of a judgement period.

760164[/snapback]

Here we go down the rabbit hole! There is no way from my posts you can have 'judged' that I listened for mearly a few minutes of his show. So I hope you take your own advice about occupations.

And really, if it's my observation that Coach--oops, I mean fired in disgrace ex-Coach--Dickerson is a mean spirited, narrow minded Jack Ass, that really shouldn't be used to judge what job I should have. Hell, you are doing the same thing you accuse me of, only with a lot less information. :w00t:

And yet you continued to listen ...  :wub:

760162[/snapback]

:D

760163[/snapback]

Your right. I should have put a question mark (?) at the end of that last paragraph I wrote, because it was meant to be more of me asking you than accusing you ....

But none-the-less, me saying "and yet you continued to listen" and you saying "actually I didnt. listened long enough to change the station" makes it seem like you didnt listen very long ... I dont know about other people but it doesnt take me more than a few seconds to push a button and "change the station" ???

:wub:

760163[/snapback]

To what station ? For Bills talk ?

Nowadays TBD does Chuck's job of whipping up the rabble. And life is good.

Your right. I should have put a question mark (?) at the end of that last paragraph I wrote, because it was meant to be more of me asking you than accusing you ....

But none-the-less, me saying "and yet you continued to listen" and you saying "actually I didnt. listened long enough to change the station" makes it seem like you didnt listen very long ... I dont know about other people but it doesnt take me more than a few seconds to push a button and "change the station" ???

760220[/snapback]

Ah yes, but you didn't take into account the fact that annoyances take time to build up. For instance, you meet someone new and get to know them. Ok? They have a habit that at first bothers you, but after awhile you build up a deep hatred to the person, and while it might be a number of things that bothers you about the person, its that annoying habit you focus on and you try and avoid that person when you see them because when you see them, that annoying habit comes to mind. Now, with Dickerson, in the end, I'd turn him on after a game--I was delivering pizza at the time--and try and listen because it was about the game I was in, but after he said a few words I'd change the station. Ok? That make it clear? So while I did change the station, I had gotten to know him a bit beforehand. BLAH! :wub:

To what station ? For Bills talk ?

Nowadays TBD does Chuck's job of whipping up the rabble. And life is good.

760222[/snapback]

Back when he was on the air I think WBEN also did Bills talk, or am I just thinking of 97 Rock? And don't get me started on that moron Snortin Norton, or Larry Norton or whatever he is now

Yet another opinion of Dickerson and his "disciples" - this one excerpted from a 2002 article by ESPN's Jim Caple, as he listened to Pigface and 'Mensa Mike' Schopp on his car radio...

"As Scooter and I drove around the city and Niagara Falls on Friday, we listened to talk show hosts "Coach" Chuck Dickerson and Mike Schopp B word about Bills coach Gregg Williams' decision to play Bledsoe in that night's exhibition game with the Vikings. Hour after relentless hour, the co-hosts ranted about Williams and incited listeners to rant as well.

"He's a jerk!" one caller shouted. "That thin jerk is a jerk! I hate that jerk!"

"Wow," Schopp replied. "Great call."

We heard so many complaints from so many hosts and so many fans that when we crossed back into the United States and the customs agent asked whether we had anything to declare, I almost replied, "Yeah -- Williams is an idiot for playing Bledsoe tonight."

Nice image to impress upon our out-of-town visitors and national reporters, eh?

Way to go, Pigface. And particularly brilliant monosyllabic commentary by Mensa Mike, too!

Yet another opinion of Dickerson and his "disciples" - this one excerpted from a 2002 article by ESPN's Jim Caple, as he listened to Pigface and 'Mensa Mike' Schopp on his car radio...

"As Scooter and I drove around the city and Niagara Falls on Friday, we listened to talk show hosts "Coach" Chuck Dickerson and Mike Schopp B word about Bills coach Gregg Williams' decision to play Bledsoe in that night's exhibition game with the Vikings. Hour after relentless hour, the co-hosts ranted about Williams and incited listeners to rant as well.

"He's a jerk!" one caller shouted. "That thin jerk is a jerk! I hate that jerk!"

"Wow," Schopp replied. "Great call."

We heard so many complaints from so many hosts and so many fans that when we crossed back into the United States and the customs agent asked whether we had anything to declare, I almost replied, "Yeah -- Williams is an idiot for playing Bledsoe tonight."

Nice image to impress upon our out-of-town visitors and national reporters, eh? 

Way to go, Pigface.  And particularly brilliant monosyllabic commentary by Mensa Mike, too!

760255[/snapback]

You keep posting these quotes as if one persons opinion (or quote) is more important than anyone elses.

You keep posting these quotes as if one persons opinion (or quote) is more important than anyone elses.

760261[/snapback]

How can it be "one persons [sic] opinion" if I've quoted a different person each time?

(BTW - I think two of the people I've quoted - Marv Levy and Wade Phillips - would be much more qualified to offer an opnion of Dickerson than any of us.)

How can it be "one persons [sic] opinion" if I've quoted a different person each time?

(BTW - I think two of the people I've quoted - Marv Levy and Wade Phillips - would be much more qualified to offer an opnion of Dickerson than any of us.)

760274[/snapback]

on football matters yes ... but I think that their opinions are a little bit biased due to the fact that Marv had personal matters with Chuck and Wade was constantly berated by Chuck ...

dont get me wrong ... I dont love Chuck Dickersons show ... I just think you guys are being a little "cry-babyish" about the whole thing ...

I talked to him before, and Chuck is a nice guy who knows a lot more than most of us about football. The coach however, is a ridiculous blowhard, who will profess that anything is his true opinion to get his disciples to listen to him- even if it really isn't his opinion.

Chuck Dickerson is worth listening to, the Coach is not

Fred LOVES his Pats---but if you were a commentator who had to report on a team that won 3 of the past 5 SBs it would be hard not to like them! Face it--they have been the best team in the NFL for the past 5 years. I wish the Bills were the Pats.

Chuck Dickerson is worth listening to, the Coach is not

760600[/snapback]

I gotta agree. I wonder how much the "Coach" persona (or Smerlas et al) is really some radio consultant's wet dream of how a sports talk "personality" is supposed to come off. All for the sake of a few shekels....

Fred LOVES his Pats---but if you were a commentator who had to report on a team that won 3 of the past 5 SBs it would be hard not to like them!  Face it--they have been the best team in the NFL for the past 5 years.  I wish the Bills were the Pats.

760637[/snapback]

I think Pittsburgh would have something to say about that ... considering they won the SB last year.

I was only able to listen to The Coach for two years due to where I lived.

(It was Wade's last and Greggo's first year I think.)

Sure, the guy (Dickerson) has football smarts and had real experience in the NFL, but anyone who doesn't think that he has an axe to grind is simply delusional. Although those were horrible years to be a Bills fan... this guy only made it worse.

B word

B word

whine like a baby

B word

cry

B word

although he's certainly capable for critiqueng some bad players, or boneheaded coaching, Mr Dickerson did it with anger and hatred.

He's a total wanker.

Sure, the guy (Dickerson) has football smarts and had real experience in the NFL, but anyone who doesn't think that he has an axe to grind is simply delusional.  Although those were horrible years to be a Bills fan... this guy only made it worse.

760859[/snapback]

A sinking ship still needs entertainment. I don't know what he had against " Porky " Parker or the Eric Flowers of the world but it was funny as hell to hear him try to run them out of town.

Was he more "kick a man when he's down" than ahead of the curve ? Maybe. Nobody could squeeze more airtime out of a coach not wearing a headset, that I know for sure.

760274[/snapback]

Then make it 2 Quotes from Marv:

"He's been fired more times than a civil war cannon".

Intellectual humor, but nasty too!