Will the Bills catch Pats off guard?

OK  i will preface this post by admitting that im probably wearing red white and blue tinted glasses.

But I'm starting to get a really good vibe from this group. No matter what the record, I am very impressed that the Bills seemingly improved every time they took the field for each preseason game. Whether it be turnovers, penalties, defense, or offense. The key to winning in the NFL is to recognize and eliminate the mistakes you made the week before. This is something that we NEVER saw from MM or GW in the preseason or the regular season. The Bills first units are in such good rhythms right now that I really think they can carry it over into foxboro on Sunday.

If the Bills come out firing, all the pressure will shift over to NE if they fall behind early and the fans get restless.

Maybe its foolish optimism, but I think the Bills have a strong chance at knocking off NE in week 1 and making a strong early season statement to the rest of the league.

Flame away ;=)

758521[/snapback]

Dude i love the optimism and ive been say9ng this since the carolina game. We look like a TEAM for the first time in years. Its so refreshing, and i think the bills have a legtimate shot at beating the pats week one. They gotta play mistake free and not turn the ball over but i think they can do it GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ever there was a need for a simple game plan and strong running game, this game is it. Bellichek is going to throw all sorts of stuff at JP that he hasn't even thought of yet. This can be neutralized with a good running game. The Pats run D is not stellar and should be exploitable. I'm more worried about our pass D than run D in this game. Even without good receivers, Brady will chew us up if he's not harrassed at all.

RTB

758992[/snapback]

Yes the keys to the game is to pressure Brady. With even a little pressure his accuracy tanks really fast.

what scares me is their pass rush, if they penetrate our line, it will be a long game. What a great test for losman! The key will be running outside, and short passes.

This would be a great game to start off in a no huddle, Why? Their DL is the reason the defense is good, their front 3 is the best in the NFL, of the teams that run a 3-4.

The key is Wilfork, make him tired! I like how fowler played against Washington, I thought that was a good test.

If we come out firing, and running down field their line won't get any push, and by the 3rd quarter we could settle down and start really doing some special things.

the other thing is get to the line fast when we do huddle. Give us plenty of time to go into motion. Even if it's just to run up the middle, confuse them.

Challenge their 2ndaries depth, after Evens, I don't feel we have another REALLY good WR, but we have lots of JUST good WR. Take advantage of that. Run a 5 man crew wide,

make their LBs cover. 3-4 LBs are typically not strong in coverage.

If Mcgahee stops moving in the back field he is a sitting duck, he needs to continue moving forward. (seems simple)

move JP, role him out, make Colvin and the other LBs uncomfortable.

QB sneak!

No flee flickers, fake kneel downs, fake QB sneaks to pitch out, MM is gone.

beat them up! Welterweight style, jab to set up. it's not a sprint.

My concern is when the pats run 4 wide reciever sets with one running back, forcing 2 of our linbackers to the sideline, leaving our D line against there oline and our nickel and dime backs who struggled against detroit to assist against the run and stop tom brady paases

I hope so, but I think the Pats Oline matches up too well vs. our Dline. They probably will be able to run all over us. We will need to win the turnover battle to win this first game. Go Bills!!!!!

758526[/snapback]

That's what it will come down to, how well do we stop the run. You know Brady will make his plays, so if we don't stop the run the Pats might put up 31 points or more. Can't win that way

If ever there was a need for a simple game plan and strong running game, this game is it. Bellichek is going to throw all sorts of stuff at JP that he hasn't even thought of yet. This can be neutralized with a good running game. The Pats run D is not stellar and should be exploitable. I'm more worried about our pass D than run D in this game. Even without good receivers, Brady will chew us up if he's not harrassed at all.

RTB

758992[/snapback]

Yes, if we win, and that's a long shot I think but not impossible--Willis will have to hit at least 100 yds running, probably more. On the other side of the ball I really don't have any idea how good/bad the defense will be. Who knows, maybe the new system is taylored to the players we have and it will create havoc for Old Tom Brady. I'm getting kinda of excited about the game, though

How's that supposed to do us any good since he regularly does that to himself anyway? 

Frankly, Nanker, I am a little disappointed in you.  I expected better  :)

759118[/snapback]

Sorry, I've been away for awhile, so I'm off my game. But believe me, when the question came up, no one was more dissappointed than myself to know that I had already taken my daily stanky dump. ;)

Jason, it certainly appears that the Pats will have to run all day and will be able run all day, but Bellychick is known for doing exactly the opposite of what is expected. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Pats come out throwing.

758534[/snapback]

I actually see the same thing...with our defense not equipped to stop Brady just yet. We are not up to snuff with the Cover 2. It will take six to seven games before our D starts to get comfortable with the new D and new players. If the O doesn't turn the ball over, they will be the better half at this juncture. JMO.