The thing that really bothers me

Is the fact that everybody thinks that either the Republicans or Democrats are telling the truth. So many people are willing to drink the Kool-Aid of their political parties, and why? Because someone told them to? Because their political party stands closest to their values as an individual?

So many people think that their political party tells the truth about a subject and the opposition lies. The fact of the matter is that both political parties spin the truth in an attempt to discredit the other party and gain more support for their cause. But what is it that keeps people from realizing this?

The reason i say this is because of a history teacher that i had at Hudson Valley Community College who firmly believes in everything the Democrats have to say, and drew parallels between Adolf Hitler and George W. Bush, because someone on NPR said something along those lines. He also mentioned that the Repiublicans were behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy, while Republicans say it was the Democrats.

It's all based on bull sh--. Both parties know what happened to JFK for example, but still both of them point fingers at the other. You get stupid third parties in the media who always side with Democrats and document what they have to say as the truth, and Republicans are defended by the conservitive citzens of the United States and neither side is willing to seek or tell truth in any matter.

Political parties are like people interviewing for a job against an old foe, and the initial idea is that they are going to "expose" their foe, and will stop at nothing, even if it includes spinning the truth, to do so.

When are the American people going to realize this lack in honesty in the political system and finally say that enough is enough?

When are the American people going to realize this lack in honesty in the political system and finally say that enough is enough?

755989[/snapback]

It is much easier to have people hand you your opinion on issues than it is to actually find the truth yourself. Until this attitude changes (and the unconstitutional election laws change), you will continue to get election choices like Bush vs. Kerry.

It is much easier to have people hand you your opinion on issues than it is to actually find the truth yourself. Until this attitude changes (and the unconstitutional election laws change), you will continue to get election choices like Bush vs. Kerry.

756024[/snapback]

No laws are going to change human behavior. People like a free lunch, and there will never be a shotrage of people offering a free lunch to get ahead in life.

756024[/snapback]

I beg to differ. Even if people thought for themselves, elections would still end up being between a Douche and a Turd, since they're the only ones who'll lower themselves enough to win an election

People like a free lunch, and there will never be a shotrage of people offering a free lunch to get ahead in life.

756053[/snapback]

Same goes for people who enjoy their gains in life off the amenities of a free and modern society yet, complain when it comes time to pay taxes for the amenities of a free and modern society.

I guess there will never be a shortage of those people who want to drive that tax liability down... People love them and the "free lunch" they offer!

:lol::lol: