Evans and Price = Holt and Bruce

Evans and Price hopefully will be as effective as Holt and Bruce were in Steve Fairchild's offense. All four guys are about the same size, about 5'11-6'0 and 190-200 lbs. Obviously, Evans will play the Holt role in this offense. It makes me wonder less about the releasing of Moulds, who was bigger and slower, and not as good a fit for Fairchild's offense.

Can JP imitate Warner and Bulger somewhat? He has already had two long TDs in the preseason.

I am a pessimist by nature, but something tells me this offense won't be as gross as the national media is making it sound. In fact, Evans is going to be a nice little fantasy pick, I think.

... no since Fairchild was the QB coach and all - he had full control of the offense.

754078[/snapback]

Fairchild has already said not to expect the same offense as the Rams, that is not what he intends to run.

Evans and Price hopefully will be as effective as Holt and Bruce were in Steve Fairchild's offense. All four guys are about the same size, about 5'11-6'0 and 190-200 lbs. Obviously, Evans will play the Holt role in this offense. It makes me wonder less about the releasing of Moulds, who was bigger and slower, and not as good a fit for Fairchild's offense.

Can JP imitate Warner and Bulger somewhat? He has already had two long TDs in the preseason.

I am a pessimist by nature, but something tells me this offense won't be as gross as the national media is making it sound. In fact, Evans is going to be a nice little fantasy pick, I think.

753944[/snapback]

Did you get the stuff you're taking from a doctor or a guy behind a building? :devil:

They won't pass as much as the Rams I'm sure, but the when they do pass the principles will likely resemble what Fairchild learned in St. Louis. It certainly won't come from his Colorado St. days! The receivers are similar, and I can't say I haven't thought the exact same thing as what you wrote.

And Roscoe Parrish can probably do a pretty good Az Hakim impersonation. And Josh Reed isn't far from Ricky Proehl.

That said, if Evans and Price become a poor mans Holt and Bruce, Bills fans will be very happy.

uhmm for the 70th time...

The Bills wanted to keep Moulds and he wanted to leave. Stop telling yourself we booted him out of here.

754027[/snapback]

I think it was more of a mutual separation. If Buffalo really wanted him to stay then they could have payed him the money that they agreed to pay him from his last extension. If EMO really wanted to stay then he probably would have been willing to play for less since his last two seasons certainly indicated he was not a 10 million dollar receiver. To me it seems like both sides were right while both sides were wrong.

Did you get the stuff you're taking from a doctor or a guy behind a building? :P

754520[/snapback]

Are you even a Bills fan?

There seems to be absolutely nothing about the Bills that you don't aggressively knock. Is there anything about us you like? Owner/GM/HC/Coaches/Players/Offense/Defense????

I'd bet you even think we are stuffing up the ST.

Josh Reed is not fit to shine Ricky Proehl's cleats at this point.Even though it was not "his" offense,i'm sure Fairchild knows it well.I'm sure the Bills are going to try to run the ball a lot more than the Rams ever did...but its not crazy to see the Price/Bruce Reed/Holt comparisons.

I think the a lot will be determined as to whether Evans/Price = Holt/Bruce by how close WM comes to moving toward what Faulk accomplished as a receiver for St. L.

If WM is a credible receiving threat (I doubt he will provide near the level of a balanced threat Faulk provided) then this will do at least two things:

1. Allow the WRs to be used only when they reads show them isolated because JP will be able to check down and dump off to WM when they are dt'ed or there is a deep cover guy, when the DBs cheat up to stop RAC by WM then our WRs will be isolated with single comverage and we will see bombs like the one last game to PP and the game before to Evans.

2. WM will be a much more effective rusher as DCs work to stop our pass-happy O.

I also think that this O under Fairchild will look significantly different that the Rams O, but this likely will not be because of fewer passes but because I think we will make more use of the TE as receivers than the Rams. I think the most experienced Ram TE on their roster this year is a 3nd year guy with little production and the rest are rooks.

I suspect Fairchild will make more use of theTE in the checkdown role as WM will not be at Faulk level for at least a couple of years as a receiver. I think that we will also see the Bills look to replicate the success which TE Butch Rolle had here in the redzone and we will see greater use there.

I think folks make a mistake in assuming that the winter weather and winds of the Ralph will stop us from replicating S. L as I understand their offense was predicated more on short passes and RAC than long bombs. The Bills demonstrated that a pass-happy O which relies on short passes can work even the winter here.