Practice Squad?

DeLuca1967

We can start with Jason Peters....

And the answer has to be yes.  Look at all the UDFAs who have made a name for themselves.

753533[/snapback]

I was looking for a player with a bit more to his resume. Has any player made a Pro-Bowl? Led the league in anything? I'll even take a 'Player of the Week' :devil:

There are tons of guys who were UDFAs who went on to excellent careers. It only stands to reason there are some practice squad guys who did the same.

Quick Google Search:

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

Samkon Gado

Matt Hasselbeck

I am sure there is more.

When did this thread morph from Practice squad players to UDFA?

753741[/snapback]

I guess that means that there aren't any practice squad players who have done anything.

The only reason I asked is that a lot of posters have mentioned the practice squad when predicting the Bills roster. I couldn't care less about the practice squad.

For that matter.

I would like to see the Bills do all their final cuts today and spend the next two weeks getting ready for the Pats. Since it doesn't seem to matter who's at the bottom of the roster anyway. :devil:

They were all on the PS?

753759[/snapback]

As far as I could tell, yes.....it's difficult to research when the players have changed teams.

Bulgers Rams site profile says he was.

I believe Jake Delhomme was also on PS....I think there would be a higher percent of QBs than other positions.

Honestly, there must be heaps of UDFAs who have become quality NFL players who spent some time on PS.

Truth be told, I couldn't really figure why the question was being asked in the first place.

Hasn't the PS rules changed over the years? Is it not a fairly recent situation?

Post #4.  Matt Hasselback was a PS player.  Perhaps the other 3 were as well.  Why don't you try googling their names and "Practice Squad"?

754105[/snapback]

I did. Too much work. That's why I'm in here instead, making baseless acusations, you know the fundamental principal of internet message boards.

Keenan McCardell was another. And Tom Nalen.

There are a lot of pretty good players that spent time on practice squads but I'm having a hard time finding any stars other than the ones mentioned like Hasselbeck.