Game thread...

udonkey

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Gamecenter is wrong, it says we were on the 7 with 3 to go for the 1st down.

752727[/snapback]

Nope, your right. I'm listening to the game, and I missed the penalty on the previous play that put us back to the 7.

Still, not a bad play to call in pre-season. Certainly not stupid. Stupid throw...not stupid call.

Nope, your right.  I'm listening to the game, and I missed the penalty on the previous play that put us back to the 7.

Still, not a bad play to call in pre-season.  Certainly not stupid.  Stupid throw...not stupid call.

752732[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm on the gamecenter too. And I was thinking the same thing.

Nope, your right.  I'm listening to the game, and I missed the penalty on the previous play that put us back to the 7.

Still, not a bad play to call in pre-season.  Certainly not stupid.  Stupid throw...not stupid call.

752732[/snapback]

Think about it, it really is a bad call. We're in the red zone very close to the goal line. We have 2 attempts to make the 1st down. If we can't run for 3 yards on 2 attempts, then this line is hopeless and we will be selecting first overall next Spring. Such a narrow window to complete a 7 yard pass when the DB's have the back of the EZ as a safety net. They're going to play man and jam the receivers and the timing of this play is critical.

I know it means nothing, but lets win one so that these guys are sure they know how to do it in 2 weeks

752738[/snapback]

We need a couple of wins to keep the morale up of this very young team. But if we lose all four narrowly and we played almost perfectly, then I could certainly live with that. Alas, we have made many blunders that cost us points and stalled drives and things are not looking good.

Did anyone catch that last play?  That was amazing.  When was the last time we got near 70 yards on a play.

752741[/snapback]

How did you see the play if you're on gamecenter? According to gamecenter it was a 56 yard play, not 72. The last time the Bills had a play around that length was...the first half (54 yards).