Branch allowed to seek trade

It just goes to show you how good a QB Tom Brady really is!! He makes all of these receivers look great and an OL look great. If this OL was in front of JP we'd be criticizing them worse than last year's OL. Having a great QB makes a team better at every position. Ever wonder how the same "awful" OL that gave up sack after sack with Bledsoe at QB ended up winning the Super Bowl with Brady as QB? It was b/c Brady is so good. Too bad he's in our division.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2561309

As per the clowns at ESPN. Seems they are at a major in pass and it does not look like things are going to perk up. This is great for my fantasy pick of Chad Jackson. Also lets hope they work something out to get him in another division or maybe make him a Bill. Wishful thinking. :P

Wishful thinking on BOTH getting him in Buffalo and Chad Jackson being a good fantasy pick. He hasn't practiced in weeks because of a hamstring injury.

Good one! :w00t:

Friggin' TD, what a bonehead trade. :D

751733[/snapback]

What were the Bills other options at QB? Hmmm :P

If TD was still here Branch would be an option. ;)

I'm sure Marv is right on it. By tomorrow he'll have all the info

he needs on Cliff Branch :D:D;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2561309

As per the clowns at ESPN. Seems they are at a major in pass and it does not look like things are going to perk up. This is great for my fantasy pick of Chad Jackson. Also lets hope they work something out to get him in another division or maybe make him a Bill. Wishful thinking. :P

It's "impasse," for future reference.

Anyway, I think it's a shrewd tactic by the New England camp, if only because it could very well allow Branch to see that no one is going to be willing to pay him what he wants, in turn causing him to accept the Pats' offer. Alternatively, Branch could find a team that will pay him what he wants, and the Patriots might be able to work out a trade and get rid of a headache. The worst case scenario (if a team is willing to meet Branch's contract demands, but is unwilling to give new England anything of value) leaves the Pats exactly where are now - with a disgruntled holdout who they can franchise after the season.

It's a no-lose decision.

It's "impasse," for future reference.

Anyway, I think it's a shrewd tactic by the New England camp, if only because it could very well allow Branch to see that no one is going to be willing to pay him what he wants, in turn causing him to accept the Pats' offer.  Alternatively, Branch could find a team that will pay him what he wants, and the Patriots might be able to work out a trade and get rid of a headache.  The worst case scenario (if a team is willing to meet Branch's contract demands, but is unwilling to give new England anything of value) leaves the Pats exactly where are now - with a disgruntled holdout who they can franchise after the season.

It's a no-lose decision.

751992[/snapback]

The Bills should offer him a 50 mil contract and then offer the Pats Coy Wire for him.