Iraq war stategy...

I responded to another(humorous) Bills thread by saying :

"We can act like the Democrats: make lots of nonsense stories up, post them, and see what sticks."

But I didn't want to address the 2 whole bs comments our of 15 I got in that thread - discipline is important. :)

We all know that the both parties use the internet. But - the Libs seem to fall victim to: "Because I have a blog - everything I say is true" mentality a lot more than they should. This is why they continue to lose elections:

wishing things would go your way and name calling those who don't agree(Donahoe)

vs.

presenting convincing arguments to others that things should go your way(Levy)

=

lose every time.

Moreover - I really think it's funny, but at the same time troubling, that people are still kidding themselves about this war. Make no mistake - it is a global war. But, it's as if they never took Regents History/Social Studies, Economics or were ever involved in a bar fight.

Let's try dealing with each, one at a time. Perhaps I should set the example of how to be convincing rather than simply calling people "Idiot".

History and Warfare:

Do you understand that the Japanse attacked us in WWII becuase we effectively cut off their OIL supply with our "sanctions"? They weren't called that back then but it's the same idea. Please understand, it was REFINED GASOLINE that we were giving them not OIL. They saw their strategic/national economic competitive position as being threatened. We saw them killing thousands of Chinese and said "enough", plus it was convienent for us to hit them in the wallet(this was back when we had balls(maybe too much) at the State Department). From the Japanese perspective - and this is key - we started the war because we gave them no way to continue to grow their economy as we had a significant competitive advantage in all the markets they wanted to get into - to them we essentially had an "unfair" head start. They thought that if they were able to effect a military solution in Southeast and East Asia, they would be able to catch up to us. Didn't work out - sorry dude.

Now, fast forward to today. The entire Arab world sees the same competitive advantage we have/had, but, since they do not posess the military that Japan thought they had, they CHOOSE to effect economic change by means of a phony "Jihad". Any real Muslim will tell you that "Jihad" is not an offensive concept but a defensive one. It's about protection of their right to practice their religion/spirituality not about economic aggression. However, when one country/group wants to attack another's way of life for the purpose of economic gain - offense, not defense, is what they are doing.

ONCE MORE: THE STATED OBJECTIVE OF AL QUEDA IS TO ESTABLISH A CALIPHATE(KINGDOM) FROM SPAIN TO INDONESIA LIKE THEY HAD FROM 750-1600 AD. THIS CALIPHATE WOULD BE RULED BY A CALIPH WHOSE LAWS WOULD BE DICTATED BY THE KORAN. ALL NON-BELIEVERS WOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BUT WOULD BE PERSECUTED ECONOMICALLY AND SOCIALLY. This is a fact - look it up!

This is exactly what Hitler did - use a person's ethnic or religious identity, rather than their choices, as a way to divide and, of course, conquer.

Religion, just like the crusades, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. Religion simply gives these murderers cover. They kill an American and justify it with religion. We kill an Arab an

"We can act like the Democrats: make lots of nonsense stories up, post them, and see what sticks."

But I didn't want to address the 2 whole bs comments our of 15 I got in that thread - discipline is important.  :doh:

We all know that the both parties use the internet. But - the Libs seem to fall victim to: "Because I have a blog - everything I say is true" mentality a lot more than they should. This is why they continue to lose elections:

Moreover - I really think it's funny, but at the same time troubling, that people are still kidding themselves about this war. Make no mistake - it is a global war. But, it's as if they never took Regents History/Social Studies, Economics or were ever involved in a bar fight.

Let's try dealing with each, one at a time. Perhaps I should set the example of how to be convincing rather than simply calling people "Idiot".

History and Warfare:

Do you understand that the Japanse attacked us in WWII becuase we effectively cut off their OIL supply with our "sanctions"? They weren't called that back then but it's the same idea. Please understand, it was REFINED GASOLINE that we were giving them not OIL. They saw their strategic/national economic competitive position as being threatened. We saw them killing thousands of Chinese and said "enough", plus it was convienent for us to hit them in the wallet(this was back when we had balls(maybe too much) at the State Department). From the Japanese perspective - and this is key - we started the war because we gave them no way to continue to grow their economy as we had a significant competitive advantage in all the markets they wanted to get into - to them we essentially had an "unfair" head start. They thought that if they were able to effect a military solution in Southeast and East Asia, they would be able to catch up to us. Didn't work out - sorry dude.

Now, fast forward to today. The entire Arab world sees the same competitive advantage we have/had, but, since they do not posess the military that Japan thought they had, they CHOOSE to effect economic change by means of a phony "Jihad". Any real Muslim will tell you that "Jihad" is not an offensive concept but a defensive one. It's about protection of their right to practice their religion/spirituality not about economic aggression. However, when one country/group wants to attack another's way of life for the purpose of economic gain - offense, not defense, is what they are doing.

ONCE MORE: THE STATED OBJECTIVE OF AL QUEDA IS TO ESTABLISH A CALIPHATE(KINGDOM) FROM SPAIN TO INDONESIA LIKE THEY HAD FROM 750-1600 AD. THIS CALIPHATE WOULD BE RULED BY A CALIPH WHOSE LAWS WOULD BE DICTATED BY THE KORAN. ALL NON-BELIEVERS WOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE BUT WOULD BE PERSECUTED ECONOMICALLY AND SOCIALLY. This is a fact - look it up!

This is exactly what Hitler did - use a person's ethnic or religious identity, rather than their choices, as a way to divide and, of course, conquer.

Religion, just like the crusades, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. Religion simply gives these murderers cover. They kill an American and justify it with religion. We kill an Arab an

751340[/snapback]

What thread are you refering to?

And you see no connection to the dwindling global oil supply and the numerous U.S. bases established in the mid-east and central asia and the abilty to protect and preserve our piece of the supply and maintain the U.S. petro dollar established with opec in the 70's using a dominant military force and at the same time conducting gwot and trying to establish a democracy in iraq and afghanistan with plans of that spreading across the mid east?

New U.S. military bases in cental asia and the caspian sea region.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/200...09-attack01.htm

Caspian oil.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/caspianoil1.html

Oil consumption analysis

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/ieo/oil.html

World and world war histories, I have read before where germany was constructing a rail-line to iraq with the intent of securing their oil fields before wwI was started, the stated reason for wwI is an austrian royal being assassinated?, I need to read the history again to refresh, I do remember that as well as churhill and britain in iraq for decades running their colony.

here's the link, about germany involved with the ottoman empire and a rail line being constructed for iraqi oil purposes among other needs, and the worlds opinion and eventual wwI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Railway

http://www.bartleby.com/67/toc6.html

There's 3 global terrorist links that I provided in the cnn:footsteps of bin laden thread.

But I didn't want to address the 2 whole bs comments our of 15 I got in that thread - discipline is important.  :doh:

wishing things would go your way and name calling those who don't agree(Donahoe)

vs.

presenting convincing arguments to others that things should go your way(Levy)

=

lose every time.

History and Warfare:

751340[/snapback]

What has all this got to do with Iraq?

I would change one thing in this: It is a WORLD WIDE caliphate they want to establish.

What has all this got to do with Iraq?

To quote Our Unitary Executive, "Nothing."

Perfect examples of what you are talking about a the beginnig of your post.

They just don't get it that this is the beginning of WW III.

I would change one thing in this: It is a WORLD WIDE caliphate they want to establish.

Perfect examples of what you are talking about a  the beginnig of your post.

They just don't get it that this is the beginning of WW III.

751404[/snapback]

Man, what about me? I feel like a pooch getting dropped off in the woods all by myself with no one to to correct my behavior or praise my behavior and no dang scoobie snacks :lol: Thats it ,I'm pissing on every human I stumble across, ruh roh :doh:

751340[/snapback]

Did you fall asleep or did you get caught up in Jihad?

Did you fall asleep or did you get caught up in Jihad?

751487[/snapback]

Its kinda nice that he gives us signs as to when to pay attention to him and when not to. You can tell when OCinPhilly is going to say something that he knows is wrong (or widely accepted as wrong), because he pulls out the insults.

if modern America had cajones equal to one half of the left testicle we had in the 1940s, the Iraqi War would be long over

751376[/snapback]

In 03 donald rumsfeld said the iraqi insurgency would not last 6 months.

In 06 V.P. dick cheney said the insurgency is in it's last throes.

When the iraqi insurgency steadly became more violent and deadly after his last throes comment, they spun the definition worse than what is is? :P

Now donald rumsfeld explains that insurgies typicaly last from 1 to 12 years..

Is rummys balls inside his cranium? and is that why he's so fubared with his explanations that change constantly due to a testosterone and estrogen radical fluctuations regulating his synaptic process and allowing him the ability to have wild thoughts that swing from one extreme to the next, depending on what chemical his nutz are producing on any given day?

The title of this thread should have been the strategy in tossing a grenade post and sitting back watching the results of that weapon on the posters:ph34r:

751933[/snapback]

Well, maybe instead of calling this board PPP, they should have called it "Therapy board" or "Stroke it Board" or "Self Fulfilling board" or " Self Serving Board" or

" Bull Shiit Board"

Cause its Politics. OCinPhilly will be back to try to wipe up his/her mess. Maybe. :P

Well, maybe instead of calling this board PPP, they should have called it "Therapy board" or "Stroke it Board" or "Self Fulfilling board" or  " Self Serving Board" or

" Bull Shiit Board"

Cause its Politics. OCinPhilly will be back to try to wipe up his/her mess. Maybe. :D

751944[/snapback]

I agree with your nickname tags :P

Today gg told me to search bibs post, now I only read bibs post from 05 till his passing. I knew he was very smart and funny just from that limited time I read his post...So I went to the archives which only go back 9 pages and read and read some more..How do I pull up his threads beyond those 9 pages in the archives? is that possible?

The reason being is there was some fascinating reading of his post and links and interaction with other posters..Remember I'm a novice to computers so the ppp search feature I have only used today...And tips from the pros are needed.

I agree with your nickname tags :devil:

Today gg told me to search bibs post, now I only read bibs post from 05 till his passing. I knew he was very smart and funny just from that limited time I read his post...So I went to the archives which only go back 9 pages and read and read some more..How do I  pull up his threads beyond those 9 pages in the archives? is that possible?

The reason being is there was some fascinating reading of his post and links and interaction with other posters..Remember I'm a novice to computers so the ppp search feature I have only used today...And  tips from the pros are needed.

751957[/snapback]

The archives only go back so far due to a database issue. What you found is all you are going to get, unfortunately.