Here's my Camp Report from last night 8/23/06

Mike32282

Tonight was the final night practice of the year for the Buffalo Bills. It was also the last hard hitting practice too. The players donned full pads and made quite a bit of contact, which they most likely won't do tomorrow. As usual, the team worked on the individual drills, special teams, 7-on-7, and the 11-on-11 drill.

To start the evening off, the Buffalo Bills came out of the locker room and warmed up a bit. Some of the players tossed the football around, and others just did their own thing. Next, Bobby April had the special teams do a fake field goals. He had Kelly Holcomb behind center, while Brian Moorman was in the backfield. Moorman took the pitch and ran it in for the touchdown. They also had Moorman catch a pass from Kelly Holcomb in the end zone for the touchdown. And lastly, they practiced a field goal blocking drill with the lines. It wasn't supposed to be a full contact drill, as none of the players were wearing helmets. They were just having Brian Moorman do some fake swings as the guys would try to get in there and block it. However Moorman decided to kick it on the last play, which wasn't a good idea as the guys didn't expect it. The ball was blocked, but it was stopped by Chris Kelsay's bare head. You could hear the sound of the ball hitting his skull and the whole crowd went "OOOHHH" as it happened. Kelsay took a knee for bit and was a little woozy but he got up and was fine for the rest of the day.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ort_8232006.php

Tonight was the final night practice of the year for the Buffalo Bills. It was also the last hard hitting practice too. The players donned full pads and made quite a bit of contact, which they most likely won't do tomorrow. As usual, the team worked on the individual drills, special teams, 7-on-7, and the 11-on-11 drill.

To start the evening off, the Buffalo Bills came out of the locker room and warmed up a bit.  Some of the players tossed the football around, and others just did their own thing.  Next, Bobby April had the special teams do a fake field goals.  He had Kelly Holcomb behind center, while Brian Moorman was in the backfield.  Moorman took the pitch and ran it in for the touchdown.  They also had Moorman catch a pass from Kelly Holcomb in the end zone for the touchdown.  And lastly, they practiced a field goal blocking drill with the lines.  It wasn't supposed to be a full contact drill, as none of the players were wearing helmets.  They were just having Brian Moorman do some fake swings as the guys would try to get in there and block it.  However Moorman decided to kick it on the last play, which wasn't a good idea as the guys didn't expect it.  The ball was blocked, but it was stopped by Chris Kelsay's bare head.  You could hear the sound of the ball hitting his skull and the whole crowd went "OOOHHH" as it happened.  Kelsay took a knee for bit and was a little woozy but he got up and was fine for the rest of the day. 

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ort_8232006.php

751048[/snapback]

I blocked a field goal, the bruise on the inside of my left forearm was there for ages... Poor Kelsay's head.

Okay, the pics are up too....

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=401

I know they aren't anything near macnmotion's, but my camera is a piece of sh-- compared to his.  :lol:

751239[/snapback]

How do you set your camera for optical zoom night pics? I have been having FITS with that!

Great job, as expected. :doh:

How do you set your camera for optical zoom  night pics? I have been having FITS with that!

Great job, as expected.  :lol:

751285[/snapback]

That's the problem...I don't do anything different. I still use the sports mode. I have a shaky hand, so thats the only one I can really use. :D

BTW, these Kodak cameras really SUCK in the night. :doh:

That's the problem...I don't do anything different.  I still use the sports mode.  I have a shaky hand, so thats the only one I can really use.  :lol:

BTW, these Kodak cameras really SUCK in the night.  :doh:

751303[/snapback]

Any camera is going to suck if you try to take pictures in sport mode at night with it. Sport mode decreases the "exposure" time so as not to blur a subject in action. Night mode does the exact opposite.

That's the problem...I don't do anything different.  I still use the sports mode.  I have a shaky hand, so thats the only one I can really use.  :P

BTW, these Kodak cameras really SUCK in the night.  :lol:

751303[/snapback]

I would not say they suck, but they are inconsistent at night. :D

Using a 10X optical zoom does not help.

You need to close the flash, and the angle and intensity of the artificial lighting means a lot. The closer you can get the better.

I would imagine upper deck seats at the Ralph are better than low end zone for that reason.

Shaky hands are good for one thing and it is not photographty! :doh:

I would not say they suck, but they are inconsistent at night.  :D

Using a 10X optical zoom does not help.

You need to close the flash, and the angle and intensity of the artificial lighting means a lot. The closer you can get the better.

I would imagine upper deck seats at the Ralph are better than low end zone for that reason.

Shaky hands are good for one thing and it is not photographty!  :P

751372[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips! That explains why I have problems during the preseason games at the Ralph.