The More I hear Some Bills Want Holcomb

I dont see how anyone who actually has been following the bills this offseason can believe that. Last year sure he was the best option to win, which in case we didnt really have an option to win. We have speedy recievers who can go deep how why would those recievers want holcomb, aslong as we have a guy who can throw the ball down town once in awhile it forces the D to play honest, so they cant stack the line, Why would Willis want Holcomb in becuase it means he will see more 8 man fronts. If you want the most accurate scoop on the bills you gotta go with Chris Berman. Peter Kings a smuck.

751230[/snapback]

I just watched the Bills-Jets game from last year today. I had TIVO'ed it, but could not bring myself to watch it untill today. Holcomb looked like CRAP in that game. I don't know why he was not cut before training camp started based on that game alone.

I just watched the Bills-Jets game from last year today. I had TIVO'ed it, but could not bring myself to watch it untill today. Holcomb looked like CRAP in that game. I don't know why he was not cut before training camp started based on that game alone.

751269[/snapback]

I was at that game, and let me tell you...he looked worse in person. I kept waiting for dumbo Malarkey to pull him and put in Losman. I'm so glad we won't have to see that moron calling the shots for the Bills this year.

He could be making it up.  Nobody on GR would question it.

751143[/snapback]

Pat Kirwan told King that Holcomb came to his interview with McGahee in tow....Hence all veteran players must be behind Holcomb :doh:

Maybe they should ask Lee Evans (and the other receivers) their opinions on JP and Kelly. Pretty sure they would say JP gives them a better chance. On the flip, the rbs probably want Kelly so they can get a 100 receptions this year. It may be a matter of which qb will get them the best stats/fatter contract by the end of the year...if Peter Kings vomit is true at all.

Peter King is a douchebag. What veterans are even left on this team? Vincent & Fletcher? They are the next to go. Marv & DJ will not allow crap like last season to happen again. I have not heard one player in any TV, radio or newspaper interview state that Holcomb is their choice to start this season. Last year is last year. Find some new information. Doug Flutie is not coming back either.

751182[/snapback]

There were reports of it earlier in camp. But you're probably right that Marv and DJ aren't letting it happen again and taking charge of the team instead of letting Milloy and Moulds run it.

Tim Ryan and his co-host on Sirius stated the same thing on their show yesterday morning. They said the guys they spoke with in Buffalo just wanted a QB who could manage a game hinting they preferred Holcomb. The veterans probably do want an experienced QB who can manage a game better. The best way to change those attitudes is to win and play well. If JP wins then everyone is happy. If he turns the ball over three times a half the Bills are in trouble and he should be pulled. I, unfortunately have a feeling we are in for a season of musical QBs. I know everyone wants to give JP his opportunity (which is the right thing), but if he is terrible he should be pulled. It's that simple.

I dont know where this stuff about Holcomb being able "to manage a game" and "gives them the best chance to win" stuff is coming from anymore. Maybe cause I dont get to see them at camp or what not but from what I've seen of Fairchilds system, Holcomb has a poor grasp of it. He continuously stares down the receiver from snap to throw, and is highly prone to turnovers by db's jumping routes. Yeah long sustaining drives are nice, but like Jauron and Fairchild have stated to win in this league you need chunkability, and holcomb has shown he doesnt have the field awareness of a 10 year vet or the arm to stretch the field. He may be what vet players want with short throws and low chance of int's but it's been proven in this league countless times if you play to keep it safe you play to lose. JP or Nall might not be headed for canton or even hawaii but their upside far exceeds holcomb who's shown over the course of his career he isn't starter material, and has shown he's not good at this so called "managing a game" with a 63.4 qb rating in games he was winning last season.

Unfortunately, these veterans who wanted Holcomb as the starter forgot that THEY had to play their part in the game too......Moulds, Adams, Milloy, Fletcher, Vincent all had poor outings....the reason why the 1st 3 are not here today....Fletcher and Vincent should shut up and let the coaches decide who should be leading the offense....Their job should be to stop the opponents on THIRD AND LONG and get off the field and/or get a turnover and keep the field short for the offense....

Unfortunately, these veterans who wanted Holcomb as the starter forgot that THEY had to play their part in the game too......Moulds, Adams, Milloy, Fletcher, Vincent all had poor outings....the reason why the 1st 3 are not here today....Fletcher and Vincent should shut up and let the coaches decide who should be leading the offense....Their job should be to stop the opponents on THIRD AND LONG and get off the field and/or get a turnover and keep the field short for the offense....

751673[/snapback]

That is EXACTLY what Ps me off so badly!! These guys need to do their job and let the coaches do theirs. Right on Ganesh!!

Yeah long sustaining drives are nice, but like Jauron and Fairchild have stated to win in this league you need  chunkability, and holcomb has shown he doesnt have the field awareness of a 10 year vet or the arm to stretch the field.  "managing a game"  with a 63.4 qb rating in games he was winning last season.

751613[/snapback]

Holcomb has a lot of chunkability. His play makes me want to chunk everytime I watch him.

I dont know where this stuff about Holcomb being able "to manage a game" and "gives them the best chance to win" stuff is coming from anymore. Maybe cause I dont get to see them at camp or what not but from what I've seen of Fairchilds system, Holcomb has a poor grasp of it. He continuously stares down the receiver from snap to throw, and is highly prone to turnovers by db's jumping routes.  Yeah long sustaining drives are nice, but like Jauron and Fairchild have stated to win in this league you need  chunkability, and holcomb has shown he doesnt have the field awareness of a 10 year vet or the arm to stretch the field.  He may be what vet players want with short throws and low chance of int's but it's been proven in this league countless times if you play to keep it safe you play to lose.  JP or Nall might not be headed for canton or even hawaii but their upside far exceeds holcomb who's shown over the course of his career he isn't starter material, and has shown he's not good at this so called "managing a game"  with a 63.4 qb rating in games he was winning last season.

751613[/snapback]

GREAT post! I could not have expressed my feelings about Holcomb any better.

It will be interesting to see what "the word" is if Nall plays well at all against the Browns second and third team on Saturday,

Its hard to see how anyone could be in the start Holcomb camp after his INT against Carolina and poor results against the Bengals second string. On paper, a St. Louis east offense is built for him in that rather than this pass-happy offense emphasizing a lot of long passes, it actually emphasizes short passes to speedy receivers whose patterms give them a good shot to bet big yards running after the catch.

A St. L type O emphasizes an ability to read plays to pick which receiver is going to be isolated for a deep arcing pass he can run under rather than needing a strong arm to throw him a rope and to read that the coverage is tight so a dump-off to the RB (if WM can pull off the Marshall Faulk role or to the TE since i think greater TE use than happems in St. L will be a wrinkle Fairchild can add to make his version different.

Concerns voiced by some that the winter weather and the winds of the Ralph make it impossible for us to truly run a pass-happy O ignore the sense that the key to the St. L O is not throwing the ball vertically a bunch, but using the vertical pass as a threat and change-up for the dimp-off with RAC.

On paper, Holvomb's 10 years of experience and tendency to dump off anyway makes this O a good one for him. However, his antics in the first two games once again shows that the game is played on the field and not on paper.

If there is any truth to musings/nleatings of King I think they likely stem not from a pro-Holcomb movement but an anti-JP feeling which may exist among some vets. JP initially came across to many as a brash idiot and there was a strong sense that YV went out of his way to discipline the little punk when he bailed on a pass and ran to quixjly for a player wearing the practice QB tu-tu and gave him a good shove that ended up with his injury,

I think Nall's performance may tell us alot in that if he does well, those who are driven by an anti-JP sentiment will quickly abandon KH (as the caoching staff has already done by stripping him of reps and moving him down the depth chart) and a new QB controversy will be created with calls for Nall to get a fair chance in the final game.

I doubt this will happen as though Nall appears poised to take over the #2 QB role form KH, not only would Nall have to play well but JP would really need to stink against the Browns (and this means a game worse than the good/bad he showed against the Bengals and Panthers) in order to make the Bills willing to allow another QB controversy to consume this team and its fans.

Maybe they should ask Lee Evans (and the other receivers) their opinions on JP and Kelly.  Pretty sure they would say JP gives them a better chance.  On the flip, the rbs probably want Kelly so they can get a 100 receptions this year.  It may be a matter of which qb will get them the best stats/fatter contract by the end of the year...if Peter Kings vomit is true at all.

751538[/snapback]

If the running backs are more interested in catching balls they may want holcomb, however since they are running backs they most likely would like the QB that would help them in the run game better, JP or Nall can throw the ball Down field which the defense would less likely be able to slide more people towards the line