Watson released?

Great trade!?

The Bills acquired Watson from a 3-13 team last year that was desperately trying to dump him on anyone.

Why would a 3-13 team be so anxious to unload this guy? Because he can't play?

I wish somebody on the Bills would have wondered about this.

Watson's problem is that he came over late, well after the time when he could have gotten into proper shape for the defense the Bills are running. It wasn't his talent so much as it was his conditioning.

Now this is no big deal by itself, but a lot of the little miscalculations like this have a cumulative negative effect over the long term.

Quality GM's win most of these type trades.

Tell that to the Patriots, who traded WR Bethel Johnson for DT Jonathan Sullivan. Sullivan will likely be released before the season starts, while the Pats are hurting for WR's.

Watson's problem is that he came over late, well after the time when he could have gotten into proper shape for the defense the Bills are running.  It wasn't his talent so much as it was his conditioning.

749416[/snapback]

This is horseshit. A player needs to be in condition no matter what team he is on. It's not like you run marathons when you become a Buffalo Bill. :devil:

This is horseshit.  A player needs to be in condition no matter what team he is on.  It's not like you run marathons when you become a Buffalo Bill.  :devil:

749556[/snapback]

I dont think it's so much watson isn't "in shape" but more due to Watson not fitting the ideal shape for a cover 2 lb, with an emphasis on speed is a must, at watsons current level of fitness he just doesn't fit the mold. Too bad cause I was hoping he'd be groomed to replace fletcher, and we wouldnt have to draft a lb.

Agree. The guy wasn't willing to put forth the effort. He didn't back in NO and the change of scenery didn't help him. He had talant but didn't know/want to apply it.

I don't miss Euhus, he was uninspiring in a crowded position. Not to mention injury prone.

It was a good gamble... a LOW risk gamble to boot, alas didn't pay off. Shrug. Hope we keep making solid gambles in the future.

This is horseshit.  A player needs to be in condition no matter what team he is on.  It's not like you run marathons when you become a Buffalo Bill.  :devil:

749556[/snapback]

Exactly! I was going to make this point myself. If he's not in shape when OTA start, he won't be making any NFL team. It was a surprise to trade for this guy and have him show up like he did.