Anyone planning to pick up Madden '07?

Buftex

Has everyone soured on the Madden franchise, or is anyone planning on picking up Madden 2007 tomorrow? Just curious...

This may be the first year, in a long, long time, where I have no plan to pick it up on release day...it used to be an event, I used to take a day off from work for it!

Even though I liked 2006 fine, I found myself playing it less and less...EA Sports NHL game became my favorite...maybe it is because the Bills kind of suck (I don't get into making major changes on the teams!), and the Sabres were a gas this year...

My only real complaint about Madden over the last few years, the playbooks go virtually unchanged from year to year, no matter who the coach is...

I"m going to go pick it up. If course, it helps that i'll get it free becuse of trade in credit. I still love the series, its the best there is, but i hate the fact that EA doesnt fix some obvious glitches that seem like they should be easy to program.

Has everyone soured on the Madden franchise, or is anyone planning on picking up Madden 2007 tomorrow?  Just curious...

This may be the first year, in a long, long time, where I have no plan to pick it up on release day...it used to be an event, I used to take a day off from work for it!

Even though I liked 2006 fine, I found myself playing it less and less...EA Sports NHL game became my favorite...maybe it is because the Bills kind of suck (I don't get into making major changes on the teams!), and the Sabres were a gas this year...

My only real complaint about Madden over the last few years, the playbooks go virtually unchanged from year to year, no matter who the coach is...

748662[/snapback]

For me. I guess. My question is, How many hours a day/week some of you gamers do. The question is not a shot, I'm just curious how much time you lads spend on video games. Take the question as a study of Bill's football fans.

You spend time here, and on the games. Just wondering. :flirt:

Has everyone soured on the Madden franchise, or is anyone planning on picking up Madden 2007 tomorrow?  Just curious...

748662[/snapback]

Not planning on picking it up right away for the first time in a long time myself.

For me. I guess. My question is, How many hours a day/week some of you gamers do. The question is not a shot, I'm just curious how much time you lads spend on video games. Take the question as a study of Bill's football fans.

You spend time here, and on the games. Just wondering.  :flirt:

748671[/snapback]

I used to fit in at least one 3 hours Madden session a week, and maybe a game or two hear and there before I went to bed, during the week...not lately though...I kind of miss playing Madden, but there never seems to be enough time....

As for my time here, most of it is on company time! :P

Normally I buy the game every other year, but I got burned pretty bad on that POS NFL Head Coach game, so I'm not likely to pull the trigger.

If at all possible ALWAYS rent the game first if you're not sure.

I had to stop playing video games altogheter. My Step-son came home from school one day with a project about his family. He had a page for each family member stating what that relative was good at. My page read, "My step-Dad is really good at video games". It was like I was kicked, slapped, punched and fired all at once. Never played again after that.

I had to stop playing video games altogheter.  My Step-son came home from school one day with a project about his family.  He had a page for each family member stating what that relative was good at.  My page read, "My step-Dad is really good at video games".  It was like I was kicked, slapped, punched and fired all at once.  Never played again after that.

749050[/snapback]

:devil:0:)

That's pretty funny. I had a similar story of my nephew who was in 1st grade last fall. He had to draw a picture of something fun he did over the summer, and he chose the time his Uncle Smokin took him to the track to bet the horses. His mom (my sister) was thrilled...

748662[/snapback]

I'm going to stick with 2006 for another year. They don't do enough from year to year to warrant buying the game annually. Hopefully by 2008 they'll have some idea how to make a salary cap work or how to do player progression in their Franchise mode. In my franchise now, I have the best team in the NFL every season and I'm always 20 million dollars UNDER the cap. Managing the salary cap should be THE challenge in franchise mode.

It would also help if the other teams in the franchise mode did things that made sense. Teams will literally spend their first round pick on a QB every year. A few years into my franchise, I noticed the Texans had 5 QBs on the roster.

I'll get Madden next year for PS3 or the Nintendo Wii (when, ideally, I will own one of those systems).

For the first year since 1991 I think I'm going to skip Madden this year. First of all I am playing NCAA football like a maniac that past two years. It has surpassed Madden as my favorite football game. My 2006 Madden was hardly used. Just too much of the same old same old for me.

Why aren't you guys using Gamefly? My copy should be here by Thursday. If you buy more than 4 games a year, gamefly is a great option. I pay 22 bucks a month and can have any two games out at a time for as long as I want.

In fact, just today I upgraded to the 3 game plan which is only 28/month. I have Madden and Dead Rising on the way to my house as I type!

I used to buy about 2 or 3 games a month, which at the current rate of 50-60 bucks each, gets costly in a hurry. Then after playing it for a month, I hardly ever play them again, but the trade in value is sh*t. So I went with gamefly and have been happy ever since. Plus I can get 360, Xbox, PS1/2, and GC games. I highly recommend it if you are a serious gamer.

Why aren't you guys using Gamefly? My copy should be here by Thursday. If you buy more than 4 games a year, gamefly is a great option. I pay 22 bucks a month and can have any two games out at a time for as long as I want.

In fact, just today I upgraded to the 3 game plan which is only 28/month. I have Madden and Dead Rising on the way to my house as I type!

I used to buy about 2 or 3 games a month, which at the current rate of 50-60 bucks each, gets costly in a hurry. Then after playing it for a month, I hardly ever play them again, but the trade in value is sh*t. So I went with gamefly and have been happy ever since. Plus I can get 360, Xbox, PS1/2, and GC games. I highly recommend it if you are a serious gamer.

749301[/snapback]

Nothing against you, there are certainly worse things you could be doing with your time, but you need to get yourself a lady friend.

Nothing against you, there are certainly worse things you could be doing with your time, but you need to get yourself a lady friend.

749307[/snapback]

You mean like rack up 500+ posts on a message board? :devil:

My fiancee is pretty tolerant of my hobby. A few hours a week (more in the winter) in front of the 360 is fine with her, so long as it doesn't interfere with football or reality TV.

If you guys want a REAL sports game, pick up "Winning Eleven" by Konami. It's the most realistc approximation of actual game play EVER. :devil: