Can we put the McGahee Bad posts to rest?

Thurman Thomas was also not a downhill runner. Neither is Curtis Martin. Nor is Tomlinson, or Alexander, or Marshall Faulk

747247[/snapback]

Correct but none of those back waste time in the backfield. They find a hole and hit it. Was Barry a product of a bad OL? Thurman kept him on the bench in college for a reason.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most over-used, illogical, critique ever used in football. By your account, Barry Sanders was a garbage runningback.  :(

747186[/snapback]

What did he ever win? He is the Dominique Wilkins of the NFL. He's flashy but he wouldn't be in my top 20 runningbacks. I prefer backs that win. <_<

What did he ever win? He is the Dominique Wilkins of the NFL. He's flashy but he wouldn't be in my top 20 runningbacks. I prefer backs that win. <_<

747251[/snapback]

I need to get my head checked. I'm starting to agree with you.

I think we can all assume Willis knows what is at stake (he did come into camp extremely cut).  I think he will have a breakout season and run for 1700 yards or so.  Would you pay him then?

747246[/snapback]

It would depend on the money.

I don't think he is a franchise back that will lead a team to the SuperBowl. He may have some nice numbers when his days are over but I doubt he will have any rings. And that is what's all about. <_<

747251[/snapback]

There is no back that "wins".

Teams win.

I don't think he is a franchise back that will lead a team to the SuperBowl. He may have some nice numbers when his days are over but I doubt he will have any rings. And that is what's all about. <_<

747253[/snapback]

To many RB's to pick from in the draft. Unless Willis displays some type of greatness this year I'd say we part ways with him at the years end. I really don't think Willis enjoys Buffalo to start with. I can see him going to play for a warm weather team next year.

747253[/snapback]

He does come off rather flippant (that Orlando Press article was too much), but he hasn't completely sold me on just being a numbers guy. He genuinley seems like he wants to win. Guys like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith had their quirks but they got to :( the SB.

I'm sorry. I'll change my opinion. :)

Barry Sanders is a god. If I were in prision I would want him to be my cellmate. :(

Is that better <_<

747257[/snapback]

I heard Barry was in favor of following the tight end rather than chase a wide receiver. :)

He does come off rather flippant (that Orlando Press article was too much), but he hasn't completely sold me on just being a numbers guy.  He genuinley seems like he wants to win.  Guys like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith had their quirks but they got to :(  the SB.

747259[/snapback]

Thurman played with a chip on his shoulder. Something to prove.

Willis gives me the impression he feels entitled to his accolades. <_<

There is no back that "wins".

Teams win.

747256[/snapback]

Ah yes, the old Jerry Kraus comment after MJ just won his 3rd championship. Actually it was "organizations win, not individuals" but who is keeping track.

He does come off rather flippant (that Orlando Press article was too much), but he hasn't completely sold me on just being a numbers guy.  He genuinley seems like he wants to win.  Guys like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith had their quirks but they got to <_<  the SB.

747259[/snapback]

I'll be waiting to see how many times Willis comes up limping this year after a play holding his knee. How many times did he do that last year? I want to see a new and improved Willis with a lot more toughness to him.

I'll be waiting to see how many times Willis comes up limping this year after a play holding his knee. How many times did he do that last year? I want to see a new and improved Willis with a lot more toughness to him.

747265[/snapback]

Homeboy is looking for some big time jack. He want a new grill.

Thurman Thomas was also not a downhill runner

747247[/snapback]

Disagree. Thurman had a knack, given his size, of picking up the tough yards. Given 3rd & 2, I'd take TT over say OJ any time. OJ for his time was not really small. LOL the only thing that bugged me aobut TT was he was always caught from behind. Didn't have that GREAT speed

You mean Walter with the SuperBowl ring?  <_<

747266[/snapback]

No, Walter with the career .400 "winning" percentage :(

That reminds me... I always have wished that the bears that year would have given Walter a chance to shine in that Superbowl. Instead of the "fridge" play, don't you think they would have tried to get the ball to the best running back of all time (IMO :) ) after a faithful career on a losing team?

Disagree.  Thurman had a knack, given his size, of picking up the tough yards.  Given 3rd & 2, I'd take TT over say OJ any time.  OJ for his time was not really small.  LOL the only thing that bugged me aobut TT was he was always caught from behind.  Didn't have that GREAT speed

747274[/snapback]

Thurman squirted through holes sideways, backwards, or any way he could. That defines a very determined runner, but not a "downhill" runner.