Does Jp still deserve the starting Qb job after

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no! He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!! He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something. Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do. 21 points to the other team off of his turnovers. And that's just a half.

I hope JP will be a good starting Qb but he still has a lot of things to learn.  I think he deserves the job after tonights game.

746838[/snapback]

I hope he does start another 1st half next week and then let Nall play the 3rd quarter.

I hope he does start another 1st half next week and then let Nall play the 3rd quarter.

746946[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing Nall play the entire 2nd half. I've seen enough of Holcomb.

Yeah - I heard the press conference. This guy is 100% more mature than last year. One interception based on a miscommunication means little. It's not like he was fooled by the defense. He won the competition, not by default, but by hitting our #1 receiver in stride for six. He would not have bounced back like that last year. However, for fairness Nall should start next week. For rightness JP should start next week. What's that Winston Churchill said? "I'd rather be right than consistent" <_<

746946[/snapback]

He will...and maybe a little longer. The 3rd game is historically the "tuneup" game for the regular season. This will be the dress rehearsal for JP and the rest of the starters and will be the one to critique as far as performances. The final game should see the starters playing less with players on the bubble getting the majority of the playing time. In essence, this game will determine who fills out the roster.

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no!  He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!!  He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something.  Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do.  21 points to the other team off of his turnovers.  And that's just a half.

746908[/snapback]

That's my biggest problem with JP. He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away. He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea. He better learn fast!

That's my biggest problem with JP.  He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away.  He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea.  He better learn fast!

747064[/snapback]

That is a crucial error for some young quarterbacks, but it is the kind of thing he can learn. He has shown a great job of analyzing his games and acknowledging his mistakes. I don't think this is just the case of 5-second Bledsoe not finding a receiver and still looking, but instead something JP can get with more experience. Especially since he can run, he can find the balance of looking for a receiver, scrambling, or getting rid of it. I'm interested in seeing how the two fumble-sacks developed and whether it was poor decision making or just a poor grip and bad protection.

That's my biggest problem with JP.  He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away.  He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea.  He better learn fast!

747064[/snapback]

It's one of the things that's most difficult for young QBs to learn. It only comes with playing. Drew Bledsoe, for the most part, still can't do it.