Does Jp still deserve the starting Qb job after

It's likely the coaches determine who gets snaps with the ones by the way they practice.  Call me crazy, but they may have a better handle on it than the average fan.  :blush:

747670[/snapback]

I know being a "Hall of Famer" has given you big stones, but put down the sarcasm pipe and think about this for a moment. Yes professor, it is given that the coaches know more than anyone on this board. May we progress please? Now, by reading all of Jauron's quotes the past couple days would give the impression that he's still unsure who will start this next game. So, number one, I doubt the question this thread is totally unreasonable - which is the impression I get from the throngs of "Dude, J.P. f@#*ing rules!...and if you don't think so, go root for the Browns" crap. Number two, it's very likely had Nall not missed some time w/ injury there's a very good chance he'd have A.) already started one of these past two games or B.) already clearly surpassed Holcomb - a status he may already have arrived at, as it is. I'd list C.) as fiercely challenging JP for the starters spot, but such a notion might cause mass hysteria amongst among JP Lovers.

Why is everyone so dead-set against giving Nall a start? Are they scared their Losman jersey investments might diminish if Nall plays well and...*gasp*...wrestles the job away from Losman? It's not the end of the world folks. May the best man win the job. But, let's find out who the best man is first. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure the coaches - who, again, know more than me - wouldn't mind getting to the bottom of that, as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know being a "Hall of Famer" has given you big stones, but put down the sarcasm pipe and think about this for a moment.  Yes professor, it is given that the coaches know more than anyone on this board.  May we progress please?  Now, by reading all of Jauron's quotes the past couple days would give the impression that he's still unsure who will start this next game. So, number one, I doubt the question this thread is totally unreasonable - which is the impression I get from the throngs of "Dude, J.P. f@#*ing rules!...and if you don't think so, go root for the Browns" crap.  Number two, it's very likely had Nall not missed some time w/ injury there's a very good chance he'd have A.) already started one of these past two games or B.) already clearly surpassed Holcomb - a status he may already have arrived at, as it is.  I'd list C.) as fiercely challenging JP for the starters spot, but such a notion might cause mass hysteria amongst among JP Lovers. 

Why is everyone so dead-set against giving Nall a start?  Are they scared their Losman jersey investments might diminish if Nall plays well and...*gasp*...wrestles the job away from Losman?  It's not the end of the world folks.  May the best man win the job.  But, let's find out who the best man is first.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm sure the coaches - who, again, know more than me - wouldn't mind getting to the bottom of that, as well.

748216[/snapback]

I don't want to get embroiled into this debate....I don't really care since whatever is decided I can see a logic for doing....I trust the coaches decision. Also, in a few days, this argument will be meaningless....but.....

"I've got to look at all the tape," Jauron said when asked after the game if his QB depth chart would juggle. "I don't feel like much will change, but we'll let you know as soon as we have an answer to that question."

from...here

Sounds to me like they'll go with JP.

Like I said, if they go with Nall, cool...&....we'll see soon. :blush:

I don't want to get embroiled into this debate....I don't really care since whatever is decided I can see a logic for doing....I trust the coaches decision.  Also, in a few days, this argument will be meaningless....but.....

"I've got to look at all the tape," Jauron said when asked after the game if his QB depth chart would juggle. "I don't feel like much will change, but we'll let you know as soon as we have an answer to that question."

from...here

Like I said, if they go with Nall, cool...&....we'll see soon. 0:)

748236[/snapback]

To quote Rico, "I'll drink to that."

Well, at least in a few hours, and only then until my wife gets home. :lol::blush:

On a side note.....Single Guys, go out and have fun! :)

I don't want to get embroiled into this debate....I don't really care since whatever is decided I can see a logic for doing....I trust the coaches decision.  Also, in a few days, this argument will be meaningless....but.....

from...here

Like I said, if they go with Nall, cool...&....we'll see soon. :blush:

748236[/snapback]

Not only that but that has been pretty much the total sum of what Jauron has said on the issue, other than the token "giveaways are unacceptable." He has not spoken to the press since the post-game conference.

Further:

--I doubt Losman will be dealing with as many personnel changes in the regular season as he's dealing with in pre-season. At the very least, I would expect the coaches would not be pulling Chris V. after one quarter of play. The guy who caused the second fumble plowed right by Duke on his way to JP. I wouldn't think Willis would be limited to 9 carries in a half either.

--I doubt the play-calling will be the same during the season. I think the playbook is being exercised, and JP is being tested. That's what the pre-season is about: seeing what you have in talent.

--Having seen the fumbles I don't see where people can use those to gripe about him not "throwing it away." On both he was in the pocket (on the first for certain the only potential escape route was straight back), so he couldn't ground it, leaving only the "throw it close enough to someone not to be called for grounding" option (which is not without its own risk)...and wasn't he blind-sided on that by a guy who went around Peters?. On the 2nd fumble I don't think he had even completed his drop-back before he was hit.

--Would you rather he go through the "lessons learned" of such an adventure now or 3 weeks from now?

Oh, and while reading that the coach said that he didn't anticipate any change to the depth chart over the weekend and interpreting that as changes will happen, did you happen to come upon this quote from JP himself?

"There was some good and some bad. The bad is very easily correctable. It's hard to simulate holding onto the ball in practice because we have a red jersey on in practice. But these preseason games remind you how important it is to hold onto the ball and how critical it is. I can guarantee you next week it will be all about ball security."

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no!  He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!!  He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something.  Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do.  21 points to the other team off of his turnovers.  And that's just a half.

746908[/snapback]

Actually it was only 13 points off his turnovers, but what is 8 points??

The INT returned for a TD hurt, but the Bengal defense set up it up perfectly. The Bengals blitzed a CB on the Bills right side with the intention of jumping on the check off pass in the flat.

While the turnovers bothered me I thought JP looked very good otherwise. I think JP is progressing along nicely and that we will have to be patient at times as he makes a few bone headed mistakes. I feel much better about our chances after these 2 games than a month ago. I don't think we are playoff ready yet but we are making big strides.

Guest dog14787
LSI you change your mind more than any person I have ever seen -- even in your own thread!  :)

Last night your first post in this thread said JP deserved to start -- then this morning it had changed to Nall being the man and now you're looking for good free agents in the offseason :blush:

What gives?

747375[/snapback]

Can't go wrong if you picked them all to start, we could have rotating QB's 0:)

J.P.s the man, LSI just wants J.P. to know that he hurt his feelings with the fumbles :lol:

I don't know.  I guess he should be, but he's getting sacked way too much.  I thought our offensive line looked better than last year's.  But it looks like it's the same.

746838[/snapback]

And the alternative would be what at this point?

Good post. I really like this offense so far. Not necessarily all of the players, we still have a suspect OL and QB, but I'm talking about what the plays and play-calling look like. Fairchild looks like a very good coordinator at this early stage. Obviously we won't know either way for about two years but I very much like what I see out of him. I like the play design. I like the mixing up of the run and pass. I like the use of TE and RB in the passing game. I like the pitchouts once in a while with the athletic OL pulling. I like the committment to the run and then go downfield approach. Royal looks very athletic to me. Parrish could be a very valuable player only getting four passes a game thrown to him. Evans is a stud, IMO. Willis could have a good year.

This offense is very likely going to be very frustating, because it's new and because of Losman, but it should be very exciting a lot of times, too.

747836[/snapback]

Well put. We are going to go through growing pains....Hopefully by midseason this Offense will start to gel and with 5 home games in Nov/Dec, anything is possible....at least I would like to go into this season optimistic that this bills team will be less boring than the ones we had the last few years, STs aside...