Seau to unretire and join Pats?

Thailog80

That's not saying much.  And Seau is finished.

I was iffy on this signing, but now I love it. :)

Seriously though, he's decent experienced depth and a solid veteran locker room presence, but I doubt the Pats want him starting on a regular basis, given his age and fading abilities. I imagine he'll plug in for Bruschi until necessary, and then the starting LBs can go back to being Brushi/Vrabel/Colvin/Banta-Cain.

Seriously though, he's decent experienced depth and a solid veteran locker room presence, but I doubt the Pats want him starting on a regular basis, given his age and fading abilities.  I imagine he'll plug in for Bruschi until necessary, and then the starting LBs can go back to being Brushi/Vrabel/Colvin/Banta-Cain.

745824[/snapback]

Next time he wants to retire a Charger they should tell him to go pound sand.

He was washed up 2-3 years ago. Doubt he will help them much. Not sure they need much veteran leadership, the one thing he can still do.

745834[/snapback]

It's hard to say what is bigger -

Junior's Ego

or

The Farce of the ceremony held Monday when he retired

(The Chargers even made him an instant member of their HOF) - no four year wait

I'll be surprised if he is still a Patriot on October 22nd

It's hard to say what is bigger -

Junior's Ego

or

The Farce of the ceremony held Monday when he retired

(The Chargers even made him an instant member of their HOF) - no four year wait

I'll be surprised if he is still a Patriot on October 22nd

745839[/snapback]

His "Graduation" ceremony right? :)

What a crock of ****! The NFL ought to have rules aginst this nonsense. Retirement means not playing. It looks like he was planning this all along, and the retirement was a farce to get out of his SD contract. He should have to clear waivers first.

PTR

Seriously though, he's decent experienced depth and a solid veteran locker room presence, but I doubt the Pats want him starting on a regular basis, given his age and fading abilities.  I imagine he'll plug in for Bruschi until necessary, and then the starting LBs can go back to being Brushi/Vrabel/Colvin/Banta-Cain.

I heard that Pioli was scouting daddy-in-law's team for potential LB'ers earlier in the week. So if in fact the Pats signed Seau to be a lockerroom leader/coach/player, it's very telling on the state of their defense. Gone are the days of their tremendous depth.

I'll start this off with two negatives.

1). I am a "newbie"

2). I am a Pats fan

I hate Seau. I'm normally a pretty laidback kind of guy, but I can't stand him. Every time he makes a tackle (few and far between the last few years) he runs around like he just won the Super Bowl.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate him as a person. I only hate him when he is on the football field.

Gone are the days of their tremendous depth.

Pats have always had great depth in some areas, not so much in others. This year, the OL and RBs are tremendously deep, and the DL and secondary are fairly deep as well. The LBs and WRs are not deep with talent, but some areas in years past have been shallow as well.

In short, your most recent doomsday prediction is, as usual, fairly inaccurate.

Pats have always had great depth in some areas, not so much in others.  This year, the OL and RBs are tremendously deep, and the DL and secondary are fairly deep as well.  The LBs and WRs are not deep with talent, but some areas in years past have been shallow as well.

So you feel as good about the Pats' SB chances THIS year as you did in say, 2002-2004, much less LAST year? Talk about inaccurate predictions. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats fail to win the division this year, and if they do, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose in the 1st round.

But hey, that's why they play the games. :)

Pats have always had great depth in some areas, not so much in others.  This year, the OL and RBs are tremendously deep, and the DL and secondary are fairly deep as well.  The LBs and WRs are not deep with talent, but some areas in years past have been shallow as well.

745885[/snapback]

This season domesday comes a callin' week one, just to aggravate ya.

But but but didn't Nick Saban just say that a player can't simpl decide to go play elsewhere.

I guess Seau must have been an FA when he left Miami and went back to SD since it looks like he might end up in NE. Go figure.

If the Pats need to sign Seau to improve their LB performance then a Bills upset in game 1 is looking more likely.

745885[/snapback]

Hey Hollywood! Surprised to see you around. Care to comment on your steroid-poppin' QB? Maybe Tom Brady and Barry Bonds took turns giving each other shots in the rear, or rubbing in the cream?

PTR