Who's watchin' this tonight?

inkman

I am. As a football / hockey fan i have been chomping at the bit. I don't like baseball so was watching arena, basketball playoffs, a bit. Hell I even watched some world cup...

Yes I know I have a problem

I went Bucs tarining camp, just because it is nearby. Watched a bit of UCF and FS spring practices.

Yup football junkie.

I'm even gonna go scout the Jets as they play the Bucs next week.

Sad isn't it?

I am. As a football / hockey fan i have been chomping at the bit. I don't like baseball so was watching arena, basketball playoffs, a bit. Hell I even watched some world cup...

Yes I know I have a problem

I went Bucs tarining camp, just because it is nearby. Watched a bit of UCF and FS spring practices.

Yup football junkie.

I'm even gonna go scout the Jets as they play the Bucs next week.

Sad isn't it?

736727[/snapback]

Not sad at all, man....this is the greatest sport in the world, and even though it took me a long time to recover from last season, I'm ready to go all over again. I sat there watching the HoF induction ceremony yesterday thinking to myself, "man, this really is the greatest sport EVER!"

Go BILLS!!!

I'm watching... other than MNF on ABC, NBC back-in-the-day was my favorite network for football, & not just cause they had the Bills. I was disappointed when they lost the contract, now I want to see what they've got. My mute button will be on-hand though as soon as I see The Bus. :D

I'm watching... other than MNF on ABC, NBC back-in-the-day was my favorite network for football, & not just cause they had the Bills. I was disappointed when they lost the contract, now I want to see what they've got. My mute button will be on-hand though as soon as I see The Bus. :D

736798[/snapback]

Yep, I used to love those days when Costas and OJ were working together on NBC, and I enjoyed most of their broadcasting teams, too.

I didn't know the Bus was part of the gang....not sure how that's going to go over, lol

Yep, I used to love those days when Costas and OJ were working together on NBC, and I enjoyed most of their broadcasting teams, too.

I didn't know the Bus was part of the gang....not sure how that's going to go over, lol

736804[/snapback]

Hard for some to remember, but Paul Maguire was quite good in his NBC days as well...

I saw the USA Today with their "breakdown" of all of the broadcast moves in the off-season. Chris Collinsworth got totally screwed by NBC. The day they announced that they were back in the NFL game, they called Collinsworth, and lured him away from FOX, promising that he would be their #1 color guy....then, a few weeks later, they hire Madden and Michaels...Collinsworth sat out the NFL last year (except for "Inside the NFL" on HBO)...now he had been relegated to studio commentator, along with Costas, Bettis, and 30 other people...he doesn't seem real happy about it...NBC, feeling a little guilty, allowed him to sign on with the NFL Network, to do their games...

Anyway, I will be wathcing tonight...I went to see Frank Caliendo the other night, and his Madden impersonation got me primed for football....

Hard for some to remember, but Paul Maguire was quite good in his NBC days as well...

Yep, I agree....same with guys like Dick Enberg and Don Criqui.....Enberg called a LOT of Bills games back in the late 80s, early 90s. I remember him more than just about any other play by play guy.....at least when I wasn't turning down the volume and listening to Van. Geesh, those were some great days for the Bills....I feel blessed to have had the chance to grow up during those years.

granted its only preseason game 1 but the raiders all around look rather lousy. If Westbrook punked them like that I can only imagine what LJ or LT will do. For the eagles their defense looked stifiling. Darren Howard will prove to be a great addition for that defense. I still have questions about their offense though, but they looked good albeit against the raiders.

Not sad at all, man....this is the greatest sport in the world, and even though it took me a long time to recover from last season, I'm ready to go all over again. I sat there watching the HoF induction ceremony yesterday thinking to myself, "man, this really is the greatest sport EVER!"

Go BILLS!!!

736788[/snapback]

Good point. It is the greatest.