Tailgating in Charlotte next Saturday?

Panthers games are completely sold out this year. You will have to buy from people selling outside the stadium. You should have no problem.

I'll be about a block from the stadium at my buddy's apartment pregame partying with my brothers.

Panthers games are completely sold out this year. You will have to buy from people selling outside the stadium. You should have no problem.

I'll be about a block from the stadium at my buddy's apartment pregame partying with my brothers.

736599[/snapback]

What's the story w/ parking - do you need to get there early to get a spot close to the stadium? This is from the Panthers web site:

Parking

Fans with assigned parking will receive information and details that will be mailed with their season tickets. Other ticket holders will be responsible for their own parking arrangements. There are more than 30,000 parking spaces within a 10-15 minute walk of the stadium. Parking operators lease parking spaces on a game-by-game or seasonal basis near Bank of America Stadium.

I just decided to drive up for this game.  Does anyone know the best way to get tickets?

736544[/snapback]

I got mine off stubhub - although I'm sure you'd be able to scalp some day of.

I just decided to drive up for this game.  Does anyone know the best way to get tickets?

736544[/snapback]

I live here in Charlotte. Several Bills Backers are planning on doing some tailgating at the Township Grille, which is the regular season spot for everyone to watch Bills games. I think everyone is meeting there around 3:30p, then heading over to the game together.

As far as getting some tickets, to me the best way to get a pair is on e-Bay. Right now you can get a pair for about 90 bucks, which isn't bad. But being it's less than a week away now, your best bet might be getting them at the stadium.

I just checked on ticketmaster.com, and single seats are still available for purchase.

Here is some info our local Bills Backers in RTP has rec'd from Charlotte area folks about Saturdays Festivities.

Hello everyone, I will be one of the folks attending the football game. I wanted to give you all a heads up to a great Bills bar/eatery near the stadium. It's called Tavern on the Tracks. Basically go past the stadium, turn right onto Tryon Street...go down about 3/4 to 1 mile. It will be on your left side. (The front part of the building is the Gin Mill - the back half is the Tavern on the Tracks).

They have great wings, Beef on Weck, Fried Bologna, etc. I hope you all enjoy!

Marybeth Westlund

And second:

There are parking lots all over the place near the stadium and a trolley that runs on occasions from those lots. Morehead Street is a great exit - off of 77....it goes right past the stadium....and they have parking lots all over Tryon street too. The nearest parking garage is down near the Bobcats Stadium - with in walking distances...or trolley.

Marybeth

And Third :

Hello all. I also am going to the game. We go to a Panthers game at least once a year and have

found a nice place to park close by the stadium. It is a private lot but sits right across from the

Residence Inn. Here is the link to that hotel if you want to see where it is located (http://marriott.com/ property/propertypage/CLTRU). There are about 12 people in our group that will be tailgating there

prior to the game. We are staying in Charlotte that night at a hotel about 5 miles from the stadium

(unfortunately the Residence Inn has been sold out for months), so we will be arriving in Charlotte

around 1 that day and plan to be tailgating by 2, 3 at the latest. Typically the lot I'm referring to does

not fill up until much closer to game time.

Looking forward to being there with all of you Bills fans. See you all in a couple of weeks.

Maria McLaughlin

I have my brother, brother in law and cousin coming in from Buffalo and we are planning on heading down to Charlotte with no tickets in hand.  Hopefully scalping won't be a problem.

736621[/snapback]

For a pre season game should be nice and mugy too Its been 95 all week.

What's the story w/ parking - do you need to get there early to get a spot close to the stadium?  This is from the Panthers web site:

736618[/snapback]

Parking is pretty much a crap shoot. There is no real stadium lot per say, so you end up parking all over the downtown and walking to the stadium. This is a big reason why tailgating is such a mess. My advice is to find the cheapest, closest lot to the stadium and go with that. Probably 15-20 bucks is average. I never park in lots, my friend litterally has an apartment one block from the stadium.

One of the big arguments about building that stadium in the downtown area was the parking situation. SOme people wanted them to just build the damn thing in Fort Mill but Richardson was hellbent on putting it uptown. I remember when they proposed to build it off Morehead street, and going "They want to put it WHERE???"

I live here in Charlotte.  Several Bills Backers are planning on doing some tailgating at the Township Grille, which is the regular season spot for everyone to watch Bills games.  I think everyone is meeting there around 3:30p, then heading over to the game together. 

As far as getting some tickets, to me the best way to get a pair is on e-Bay.  Right now you can get a pair for about 90 bucks, which isn't bad.  But being it's less than a week away now, your best bet might be getting them at the stadium.

I just checked on ticketmaster.com, and single seats are still available for purchase.

736695[/snapback]

Ah yes, the good old Township Grill. That was litterally the ONLY Bills place in the Charlotte area in the late 80's early 90's. You should have seen it in the hayday. Decent food though. Is it still owned by the same guy???

Ah yes, the good old Township Grill. That was litterally the ONLY Bills place in the Charlotte area in the late 80's early 90's. You should have seen it in the hayday. Decent food though. Is it still owned by the same guy???

736800[/snapback]

I've actually only been going to Township Grille since 2001, but I'm not sure who the owner is. When I meet up with everyone on Saturday, I will ask who it is.

I really do like going there. Every Sunday they have a room reserved in the back for all the Bills fans, and they have a buffet set up for the whole game. It's wings, meatballs, hot dogs, pasta, and salad. They also give out prizes at halftime.

I believe the other spot now for Bills fans is Tavern on the Tracks, although I haven't been to it yet....

736800[/snapback]

LOL I was a regular at the Township - great place! No the owner, Kirk Weaver sold to it in the late 1990's. They still have all the Bills stuff and kept the menu.

LOL I was a regular at the Township - great place! No the owner, Kirk Weaver sold to it in the late 1990's. They still have all the Bills stuff and kept the menu.

736872[/snapback]

Right, I couldn't remember the guy's name. My brother worked in the kitchen there for years, and Kirk would save a table for my family every sunday there in the back room for the Bills games. I haven't been in there for years. I used to work down the street at another sports bar in Matthews called Kristophers. Brings back the memories...

Parking is pretty much a crap shoot. There is no real stadium lot per say, so you end up parking all over the downtown and walking to the stadium. This is a big reason why tailgating is such a mess. My advice is to find the cheapest, closest lot to the stadium and go with that. Probably 15-20 bucks is average. I never park in lots, my friend litterally has an apartment one block from the stadium.

One of the big arguments about building that stadium in the downtown area was the parking situation. SOme people wanted them to just build the damn thing in Fort Mill but Richardson was hellbent on putting it uptown. I remember when they proposed to build it off Morehead street, and going "They want to put it WHERE???"

736796[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. BTW - is the stadium in a "good" part of town that I can feel comfortable if I park anywhere around there and have to walk a few minutes from the car to the stadium w/ my family?

Also - Any opinion on the Catwalk and Panthers Lair? Am thinking of going early to check out the scene and hopefully have the kids have some fun before the game.

Catwalk

Located outside the North Gate, the Catwalk is a pre-game festivities area where fans can enjoy free games, contests, music, entertainment, and appearances by the TopCats, Sir Purr and former Panthers players. Activities begin two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff and conclude at kickoff. Fans can also visit Carolina Panthers sponsor tents for more contests, information and giveaways. Hot dogs and beverages are available for purchase.

Next to The Catwalk is the Carolina Panthers Fun Zone, a series of interactive football games geared toward children that includes attractions such as a football toss, inflatable obstacle course, stadium bounce and look like a pro.

Panthers Lair

Get pumped up for the game by entering the Panthers Lair, located near the South Gate and East Gate on the corner of Mint Street and Morehead Street. The Panthers Lair is a pregame festivities area that is free and opens two hours prior to kickoff. Join the TopCats, Sir Purr and radio personalities as you warm up your voice to cheer the Panthers on to victory. Enjoy face painting, interactive games, and sponsor giveaways and win great prizes, including tickets to Panthers home games! Be sure to get autographs from the TopCats and have your picture made with Sir Purr. The Panthers Lair has something new each game, so make it a tradition before every game!

We're also going to Carrowinds on Sun. Last time I was there was probably 5 yrs ago - looks like they may have made some improvements since then?

We're also going to Carrowinds on Sun.  Last time I was there was probably 5 yrs ago - looks like they may have made some improvements since then?

736954[/snapback]

Ah the Redneck Rivera! I think the waterpark got an expansion and the kids rides were updated.

Thanks for the info.  BTW - is the stadium in a "good" part of town that I can feel comfortable if I park anywhere around there and have to walk a few minutes from the car to the stadium w/ my family?

736954[/snapback]

It is now. Fifteen years ago, you wouldn't be caught dead there. Cause you would be dead. Seriously. You won't have any trouble now though.

Also - Any opinion on the Catwalk and Panthers Lair?  Am thinking of going early to check out the scene and hopefully have the kids have some fun before the game.

We're also going to Carrowinds on Sun.  Last time I was there was probably 5 yrs ago - looks like they may have made some improvements since then?

736954[/snapback]

No idea on Catwalk and Panthers Lair. Haven't a clue.

Carowinds will be hot, but I also have not been there for years, so I couldn't tell you much...

A fan's guide to scoring scarce PANTHERS tickets FYI

ANDREW SHAIN

ashain@charlotteobserver.com

WANT

TO SIT HERE? Ready for some football? Want to catch a Carolina Panthers game or some regional college action?

Good luck.

Tickets for all the Panthers games as well as the region's top college teams' best contests are gone -- forcing fans into the murky waters of the after-market: scalpers, brokers and online traders.

It's buyer beware. See what one Panther fan posted in a newspaper classified last week: "I had some jerk trying to sell me row 32 lower level tickets. There isn't even a row 32."

Here's advice to avoid rip-offs, the pros and cons of ways to buy, and what you should expect to pay to watch some pigskin.

Avoiding Scams

Ticket exam: Inspect the dates, opponent and seat number. Look for printing imperfections. Tickets taken from a strip of season tickets should have perforated edges. (Legit Panthers tickets have a logo on back that can be revealed by scratching it with a coin.)Get a map: Have a stadium diagram handy to check seating -- and ticket authenticity.

Scalping laws: North Carolina permits face value plus $3; South Carolina, face value plus $1. The laws are enforced sporadically.

How to pay: Sometimes you have no choice but to pay cash. When possible, use your credit card so you can request a charge-back if something goes wrong. Never wire money.

Buying locally: Agree to meet the seller in a public place.

Going online: Deal only with sellers that have phone numbers and physical addresses on their sites.

Refund how-to: Read policies on how brokers/resellers deal with problem or late tickets.

Record check: Look at a ticket broker's history with the Better Business Bureau (search.bbb.org) and the state where it is based. Type the broker's name into a Web search engine to check for customer gripes.

Ticket Sources: Pros and Cons

Neighbor/co-worker/relative: Can negotiate price. Know where to find seller in case of problem. But hit and miss in finding tickets to choice games.

Classifieds: Try some bargaining. Usually locals selling tickets, though watch out for out-of-town brokers you don't know. Purchase face-to-face to see if tickets are genuine.

eBay: Free market on the online auction. Could find a bargain or a scam. Usually will pay price available elsewhere. Look over buyer feedback carefully. Spend only what you can afford to lose.

Resellers/Brokers: Set price. Sells tickets on consignment from brokers or fans (www.ticketsnow.com; www.stubhub.com; www.maximtickets.com). Usually more pricey for more reliable service.

Game-day scalper: Anything goes. Better prices usually found closer to stadium. Could get a deal or a bogus ticket. No one to contact for refunds.

Asking Prices

Panthers: High-demand games -- Steelers, Cowboys, Giants -- are going for more than 10 times face value from online sellers.

Maxim Tickets is selling a seat in section 111 near the 50-yard-line (face value $96) for $1,235 to the Steelers game.

Upper deck tickets ($38) for the Cowboys game are priced at $145 on TicketsNow.

Endzone seats for the Giants game ($74) range from $250-$350 on StubHub.

The Rams and Saints games are bargains at two to four times face value. This month's preseason contests are usually selling at or below face value.